Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Met Ray Bennett at his day with the cup today.

Attachments

• image_67190785.JPG
    image_67190785.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 64

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
So many Saskys on the team, no wonder we won. The maternal side of the family are from Prince Albert. My grandpa knew Dave Manson. Would have been so cool to see the cup there. Anyone know when Kadri and Cogliano bring it to Ontario?

Reactions: UnkleKraker

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I was looking over that list of Avs and their dates with the cup and it dawned on me that I had totally forgotten Nolan Pratt was an Assistant Coach for us. That dude now has his name on the cup three freaking times. Nolan Pratt...3-time Stanley Cup Champion. Who 'da thunk it?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Let me preface by saying I don't think this will happen, but I *could* see the Avs petitioning for Annunen to get on the Cup because he dressed as a backup for some games during this playoff.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Let me preface by saying I don't think this will happen, but I *could* see the Avs petitioning for Annunen to get on the Cup because he dressed as a backup for some games during this playoff.
I doubt that would still fly. But I would imagine they are going to give him a ring, or atleast that's what I would do. Even if he didn't actually dress for all of the games, the third goalie is still a big part of the team when his Eagles season was over. He's at every practice, in the locker room etc.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Don't teams get a certain number of names outside of the main roster/staff that they can put on the cup? They might just use one of those.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Don't teams get a certain number of names outside of the main roster/staff that they can put on the cup? They might just use one of those.
No. The rules are set, but teams can ask for exemptions. For an example, Ryan Murray is 5 games short of the qualification, but since he was injured I would imagine the Avs are going to ask for an exemption.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State

This. Watching Lehky warmed my heart. Seems like a super good dude. Glad we have him wrapped up for a while.

So many Saskys on the team, no wonder we won. The maternal side of the family are from Prince Albert. My grandpa knew Dave Manson. Would have been so cool to see the cup there. Anyone know when Kadri and Cogliano bring it to Ontario?

The prairies make them boys tough. Watched it in the WHL and NHL and it is not mere reputation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad