Series Talk: Avs Stanley Cup Celebration Pictures and Videos Thread

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Always hated pop punk so I definitely hate pop punk nostalgia
Well, that's where you're simply wrong, though. :sarcasm:
Probably an unpopular opinion but I am so sick of All The Small Things now after hearing it 200 times over the last two months.
You know what, yeah. They should switch it up soon, but you know they won't.

I'll just rattle off some other 90s or pop punk singalongs I think they could do, and y'all can add on:

Semi-Charmed Life,
or maybe Jumper, it's probably easier to sing,
they could definitely do Santa Monica,
Eddie Vedder, the Local H song,
Creep by STP is absolutely a good singalong,
the Spacehog song In the Meantime,
Clumsy by Our Lady Peace,
I don't really know any Staind songs, but definitely any Staind song,

Or if you wanted to lean more to the pop punk you could do Taking Back Sunday, or something by Hawthorne Heights.

"Listen to this great crowd tonight at Ball Arena, Pete."

"And I can't make it on my own,
Because my heart is in Ohiooooo,
So cut my wrists and black my eeeeeeyes..."

It was an embarrassing trend when the fans were all 10 year old kids and its even more embarrassing now
Do you really have room to say that with a heavy metal forest in your profile pic, though?

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Do you really have room to say that with a heavy metal forest in your profile pic, though?

Yes, that album is one of the best ever. I can wax lyrical about its virtues in some other thread.

I lol’d at your OLP reference. That song used to be on everywhere, all the time in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleRisto

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
I have a question for the Finnish people on the forum. Is there any cultural explanation for Rantanen and Lehkonen drinking beer out of their shoes? Is that like a thing in Finland?
It's a "Shoey". Big-time Aussie shit but it's becoming a major thing all around the world. Normally you're supposed to spit in it first, then drink out of it. Aussie UFC fighter Tai Tuivasa does it after every victory. He even takes shoey's from several fans' shoes, one of which contained hot sauce mixed with beer LOL

Probably an unpopular opinion but I am so sick of All The Small Things now after hearing it 200 times over the last two months.
Get out of here and go root for the Knights then

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
All the small things
True care, truth brings
I'll take one lift
Your ride, best trip
Always, I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting
Commiserating

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home

im-sorry-but-i-had-to.gif

Reactions: Thghtfulshadow

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Heavy metal can't even hold pop punks jockstrap.

Metal is obviously a niche interest, but I’m not some type of fringe purist. I can usually at least appreciate why people enjoy things - like I love reggaeton and drill and both have blown up the last few years. Pop punk is one of the only styles of music where I didn’t get it, I don’t get it, and probably will never get it.

That said, I don’t mind all the small things in context of the team because anything associated with this victory is fine with me.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I have a question for the Finnish people on the forum. Is there any cultural explanation for Rantanen and Lehkonen drinking beer out of their shoes? Is that like a thing in Finland?

It was strange for me, and I posted about this to my friends. They were all like "is that a new thing to you?". So it seems like it's somewhat known thing in Finland.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Metal is obviously a niche interest, but I’m not some type of fringe purist. I can usually at least appreciate why people enjoy things - like I love reggaeton and drill and both have blown up the last few years. Pop punk is one of the only styles of music where I didn’t get it, I don’t get it, and probably will never get it.

That said, I don’t mind all the small things in context of the team because anything associated with this victory is fine with me.
That's me with metal. I liked a few songs back in middle school, and still like a few bands in moderation but it's definitely a genre that I have to be in a special mood for :laugh:

Late 90s/00s pop punk just takes me back to my childhood and I'll forever love it for that.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
That's me with metal. I liked a few songs back in middle school, and still like a few bands in moderation but it's definitely a genre that I have to be in a special mood for :laugh:

Late 90s/00s pop punk just takes me back to my childhood and I'll forever love it for that.
I was listening to Slayer and Metallica in middle school, where all the others where listening to boy bands and pop. Then I transitioned to black metal and death metal. I saw another poster with an Opeth picture. Some of the first CD's I got were the albums Orchid, Morningrise, and My Arms, Your Hearse. I still listen to black and death metal, but mostly the European bands. Now that's married, with a kid, in my early 40's, seems the only time I can listen to black/death metal is the gym, or when I'm in the car alone.

I remember in high school when Blink and Korn, and Limp Bizcuit, the Offspring all blew up. I hated them all. Still do. But I also associate "All the Small Things" with the Av's cup victory, so I enjoy the crowd singing the same song in unison. It's pretty cool.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
You're all chatting breeze, 90s Hip Hop is where IT is at. Black Metal, Puce Metal, Post Punk, Nu Bavarian Folk Punk... whatever, the boom bap era of hip hop is the greatest musical era. AINEC. Living in your ears rent free. The Blues would have won the final.

Reactions: jabubenice

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I was listening to Slayer and Metallica in middle school, where all the others where listening to boy bands and pop. Then I transitioned to black metal and death metal. I saw another poster with an Opeth picture. Some of the first CD's I got were the albums Orchid, Morningrise, and My Arms, Your Hearse. I still listen to black and death metal, but mostly the European bands. Now that's married, with a kid, in my early 40's, seems the only time I can listen to black/death metal is the gym, or when I'm in the car alone.

I remember in high school when Blink and Korn, and Limp Bizcuit, the Offspring all blew up. I hated them all. Still do. But I also associate "All the Small Things" with the Av's cup victory, so I enjoy the crowd singing the same song in unison. It's pretty cool.
How dare you. Korn sucks though. I like some metal, a coworker years ago loved it and got me into a surprising amount of it. Also was a fan of this weird obscure genre of metal music that tells a story? With each song being like.. 30 minutes long.

As long as you don't diss Nickleback or Avril Lavigne I'm fine.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
How dare you. Korn sucks though. I like some metal, a coworker years ago loved it and got me into a surprising amount of it. Also was a fan of this weird obscure genre of metal music that tells a story? With each song being like.. 30 minutes long.

Edge of Sanity had an album that was 35min long or something, but just one song called Crimson. That might be what you are thinking of.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

Turn in your Canadian passeport if you diss Avril.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Wait, there's people saying pop punk sucks? These guys were musical geniuses. Nothing but basic power chords that any first year guitar player can play and some of the most deep, thoughtful lyrics of all time.

"Nana Nana Nana Nana na na, Nana Nana Nana Nana na na".

I mean c'mon. Really makes you think.

Reactions: MarkT

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Wait, there's people saying pop punk sucks? These guys were musical geniuses. Nothing but basic power chords that any first year guitar player can play and some of the most deep, thoughtful lyrics of all time.

"Nana Nana Nana Nana na na, Nana Nana Nana Nana na na".

I mean c'mon. Really makes you think.
They have one of the best drummers in the world, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad