Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Georgiev to 3-year x $3.4M AAV deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I dont expect the team this year to be as good as what we just saw so goaltending will matter alot more and I just dont see Georgiev being the guy.
We may not score at the same level but the defense will be improved just by having a healthy and developing Byram along with growth from Makar. As long as Georgiev doesn't give up a bunch of softies, we will be right back in the thick of things.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I dont expect the team this year to be as good as what we just saw so goaltending will matter alot more and I just dont see Georgiev being the guy.
Georgiev doesn't even have to be great, he just has to be better than Kuemper in the playoffs... I don't think that's too big of an ask.

Reactions: Forceberg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Georgiev doesn't even have to be great, he just has to be better than Kuemper in the playoffs... I don't think that's too big of an ask.
He technically doesn't have to be better than Keumper. It sure would be nice but Keumper got the job done with a game to spare and to be honest, I believe Frankie, this last post-season, would've carried the team there eventually. His stats weren't pretty but his W/L column sure was.

[Edit...I don't mean to say that I'd be happy with Frankie being our starter going into the playoffs unless he really finds another gear in the regular season and steals the job. But what I am saying, is that if he has to come in for an injury or because our starter got pulled...I don't worry. Franky can get the job done. It might not be easy, it might not be pretty and might not be fun, but the team and he have an agreement. They don't lose in the post-season.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
Whether we'll be better also depends on whether you are comparing beginning of 22-23 Avs to beginning of 21-22 Avs or to post trade deadline Avs with Lehkonen and Manson and Cog, which wouldn't be comparing apples to apples. The big question mark is Kadri vs future 2C. Everything else is likely to be very similar, with a few small + and a few small - IMHO (Bura vs Lehk, Jost vs Meyer, Kuemper vs Georgiev, Helm vs UFA bottom 6 F, JJ vs UFA 6D).
That's about it for changes I think.
Surprisingly similar, in the circumstances, I would say!

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Popped in after the Georgiev signing to read the scuttlebutt. TBH, my first take was not exactly liking this acquisition. So then dial in here and see.... am in agreement there mr king sir. Will see. I've never been wrong until I am.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I expected Kuemper to get more than what he got, so makes this deal worse in my eyes but whatever, let's hope for the best!

Not that I wanted Kuemper back for that price.. I cursed too many times his name during playoffs.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
tumblr_oyps9kpp8O1s86mfwo1_r1_540.gifv
“It” is the HFAvs fan base?

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Hockey Media- The Avalanche won with the lowest save percentage by a goalie in 25 years! It had to be a fluke.

Sakic signs Georgiev

Joe Sakic- Hold my beer!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We may not score at the same level but the defense will be improved just by having a healthy and developing Byram along with growth from Makar. As long as Georgiev doesn't give up a bunch of softies, we will be right back in the thick of things.
Byram is going to break out this year in a massive way. Our defence will be much better than last year, and last year it was the best in the league.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Money and term. And a piece of plywood is an upgrade over playoffs-Kuemper.
If its not broken..

Kuemper seemed like a great goalie when watching Wilds, Georgiev with Rangers not so much.

This looks more like a risky move, Kuemper was solid when needed.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If its not broken..

Kuemper seemed like a great goalie when watching Wilds, Georgiev with Rangers not so much
Kuemper kinda WAS broken though. That's the point. I wish him well, he was good enough for the Avs to win the Cup, but I totally understand why they didn't want to commit long-term to a 32-year-old injury prone goaltender who, statistically, was one of the worst goalies in this year's playoffs.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
T
Kuemper kinda WAS broken though. That's the point. I wish him well, he was good enough for the Avs to win the Cup, but I totally understand why they didn't want to commit long-term to a 32-year-old injury prone goaltender who, statistically, was one of the worst goalies in this year's playoffs.
Statisticallly Georgiev is a problem while Kuemper just won a cup, its gamble to say at least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad