Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Georgiev to 3-year x $3.4M AAV deal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
His hips are not robotic, for one

Ol' robotic hips has a much better sv percentage than organic n average over there.

Didn't georgiev have a 898 sv percentage last year? While the starter of his team had .935....

If I'm given the choice I ride francouz and use georgiev as the backup

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Ol' robotic hips has a much better sv percentage than organic n average over there.

Didn't georgiev have a 898 sv percentage last year? While the starter of his team had .935....

One bad year

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

To be fair, his starter is the best goaler in the world

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'd definitely be annoyed if I was francouz
What has georgiev done to show he's worth 1.4m more per year than franc

Frank is a saint. Not an angry bone in that man’s body.

Plus, Franky was injured for most of his contract, he can’t really complain about anything.

Reactions: Mules

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'd definitely be annoyed if I was francouz
What has georgiev done to show he's worth 1.4m more per year than franc
Frankie could have got that also and maybe more. All he had to do is go UFA. He chose to stay here. He loves Denver and the Avs. He is happy to be the backup as long as he stays here hence the discount.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Over the last three seasons there have been 75 goalies that played 1500+ minutes (or minimum 25 games). Here is where Georgiev ranks in certain statistical categories:

SV%: 45th
G.A.A: 30th
G.S.A.A: 45th (he's in the negatives here, though).
HD SV%: 64th

To put things into perspective here were Grubauer's numbers from 15-16 to 17-18 since he played the same role that Georgiev did. There were 63 total goalies to play 1500+ minutes and Grubauer ranked:

SV%: 1st
G.A.A: 1st
G.S.A.A: 10th
HD SV%: 3rd

The Avs are really going out on a limb with Georgiev hoping there is some untapped potential because the statistics are not kind to him at all. Yet he got the same contract Grubauer got despite being a much, much worse goalie in the same role.

Let's hope Parkkila can work his magic.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Either becomes ~grub contract or the mrazek contract. Good gamble I bet he’s solid here

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain

One played for the Avs, the other didn't. I'm glad you're not given the choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad