Rumor: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd love to have Rakell! With the rumored amounts, I'd sign him to that deal immediately and enjoy his prime.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Haha, EJ with a brain. 30 games into Trouba in Colorado, people would be asking if the Avs have another "all tools, no toolbox" player. And why did they give up so much for a guy who is on pace for only 30 points. It would be eerily similar to the EJ trade all over again.

Trouba has been the one young defenceman I have wanted on the Avs since he came into the league, because he has that mean streak, but he is getting seriously overhyped. I don't see a ceiling on him in his prime much higher than the level EJ is now.

I would also put 0 stock into how EJ looked at the WCH. For a guy who is used to playing 24 minutes a night, it would be a completely different game and mind set only playing half as much.

He's much much smarter than EJ.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Isn't that quite a bit of term for that money?

Wonder what Stef was waiting for all this time? He was even on the Preds camp roster

It is pretty much the same as the Rask deal, and that is rumored to be what he wants. With his age, I think it is about perfect.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think the main reason Trouba is getting overrated by so many is because of his age. In a lot of circles, potential > performance; people only see what COULD be. Which is why I'd be leery of trading significant assets for him. We already have a young defenseman with tons of potential who has yet to put it all together (Zadorov), and look what we had to give up to get him. Inter-division trading would only up that price. I get that he's an intriguing package, but he's still not guaranteed to reach that lofty ceiling.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Realistically. What can Avs do right now to open $3-4M in cap space?

I don't think Beachemin/Iginla would waive at this point. Söderberg is kinda needed unless Compher levels up real quick.

McLeod/Mitchell moved doesn't really offer much cap savings.

I don't see a market for Varlamov this close to opening night unless some starter has a terrible injury.

Hard to free up cap space in late September.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think the main reason Trouba is getting overrated by so many is because of his age. In a lot of circles, potential > performance; people only see what COULD be. Which is why I'd be leery of trading significant assets for him. We already have a young defenseman with tons of potential who has yet to put it all together (Zadorov), and look what we had to give up to get him. Inter-division trading would only up that price. I get that he's an intriguing package, but he's still not guaranteed to reach that lofty ceiling.

Overrated is only a term thrown out for D men like Trouba based on assumptions they won't get close to their potential.

Team's are more focused on how hard it is to add good D men to their team, let alone good right handed D men, let alone potential stud D men. That's why so many teams jump in line to take a chance on young D men like Trouba, and teams like Winnipeg ask an arm and a leg for them.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I don't think Beachemin/Iginla would waive at this point. Söderberg is kinda needed unless Compher levels up real quick.

I don't see a market for Varlamov this close to opening night unless some starter has a terrible injury.

Depending how many the Avs carry, they have about 1-1.6m in space now. Jettison Mitchell and they are close to 2.8-3.4 right there. With Rakell specifically, he isn't going to be healthy to start the season so LTIR him to start and then buy time to ship off the more useless between Gelinas and Wier.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Depending how many the Avs carry, they have about 1-1.6m in space now. Jettison Mitchell and they are close to 2.8-3.4 right there. With Rakell specifically, he isn't going to be healthy to start the season so LTIR him to start and then buy time to ship off the more useless between Gelinas and Wier.

The thing with moving small contracts like Mitchell is that you aren't exactly moving ALL of his contract since he has to be replaced by someone. Even if Mitchell is replaced by someone with a very low hit like Compher that's still only 900k in savings.

There's no chance the Avs go with a less than 23 man roster. So every time you take Mitchell's 1.8 Million off the books in a hypothetical trade you have to add somebody else's 800k-1.2m back in which makes the savings next to nothing.

FTR Henchy the purpose of this is to post in general and not just directed at you. I see in your numbers you widened your cap to account for some extra space being swapped back in. I just always see people say if Mitchell is traded we'll save 1.8 million in cap space but that's just not the case.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The thing with moving small contracts like Mitchell is that you aren't exactly moving ALL of his contract since he has to be replaced by someone. Even if Mitchell is replaced by someone with a very low hit like Compher that's still only 900k in savings.

There's no chance the Avs go with a less than 23 man roster. So every time you take Mitchell's 1.8 Million off the books in a hypothetical trade you have to add somebody else's 800k-1.2m back in which makes the savings next to nothing.

FTR Henchy the purpose of this is to post in general and not just directed at you. I see in your numbers you widened your cap to account for some extra space being swapped back in. I just always see people say if Mitchell is traded we'll save 1.8 million in cap space but that's just not the case.

I was talking about a swap of Mitchell to Rakell... Mitchell's $1.8 leaves, combined with the $1-1.6 in space now gets close to the $4m for Rakell and Rakell will be on LTIR to start. Meaning it can work to get a player like that... not that it opens up that much space to just have it.

I wouldn't say there is no chance of less than 23. If the Avs had to run a 21 man roster to fit in say a Kucherov, I'm sure they would.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

cough Blake Comeau $2.4 million cough

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Replace Mitchell and Comeau with Compher and Bourque (800k). That would leave us with just over 4mil.

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
But how often do you have the ability to get a young #1 defenseman? It's going to cost a lot, but you can build around Lindholm and we'd still have key pieces like Zadorov, Meloche, Compher, Greer, and Morrison so we'd still have some guys left and we can fill it out with the draft and FA over the next couple years.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Lindholm is a #1. At least not yet.

I wouldn't make that trade. Chances are Lindholm will be a solid #2 in the league.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I wouldn't gut the team that much. You're losing a young top nine player, probably the teams best defensive prospect, a first round pick, and the teams top 10 pick from last year. Lindholm would be great, but not at that cost.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I love Lindholm but I don't think we're in a position to give up three key futures for one player, even one as good as him.

I'd also trade Zadorov before Bigras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad