Speculation: AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Related Topics 2016-17 Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Not even sure what to say about Grigorenko other than he obviously doesn't want a career in hockey. He seemed pumped about a fresh start in Colorado, and has turned that into uh... not even managing 10 goals in either season. Is he not getting the opportunities? Is he really going to blossom elsewhere? Doubt it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He seems like a nice person who players want to see succeed but he has less drive than an electronic vehicle when it's battery dies. Just a useless player.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He seems like a nice person who players want to see succeed but he has less drive than an electronic vehicle when it's battery dies. Just a useless player.

There weren't many successful lazy players in NHL history and unfortunately for Grigs, he doesn't have Brett Hull's shot.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not even sure what to say about Grigorenko other than he obviously doesn't want a career in hockey. He seemed pumped about a fresh start in Colorado, and has turned that into uh... not even managing 10 goals in either season. Is he not getting the opportunities? Is he really going to blossom elsewhere? Doubt it.

He's the 6th highest scorer on this team though. If you figure playing on not the worst offense in modern history might give these guys up to a 50% bump in production then it's not insignificant what he's produced with decent players.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I wouldn't put it past Sakic to qualify Greg solely to save face from the ROR trade. The casual fanbase is still salty about that one

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Wow, that's very surprising news. As much as I want to see behind the curtain, I think it would be better for all parties involved if those lists were secret.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Wow, that's very surprising news. As much as I want to see behind the curtain, I think it would be better for all parties involved if those lists were secret.

There'd be leaks and rumors anyway and then a good chance someone in Toronto gets the list anyway, I think it's better to just be upfront. I think what fans think vs reality is going to be really interesting.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Good, it will show us if Sakic and co are stupid enough to protect Soderberg or Grigorenko showing their lack of talent evaluation skills. I'd say protecting Varlamov is pretty stupid too even if he doesn't get picked but I'll give them a pass for protecting Varly.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
One positive thing about sucking this year as we have zero players to worry about losing. Id hate to have finally found like 5 good D only to have lost one this year haha. We can start our hunt next year lol

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It's pretty damn sad that outside of Landy/Duchene/MacKinnon, the consensus seems to be to protect our waiver pick ups :laugh:

Shows just how awful we really are top to bottom.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
It's pretty damn sad that outside of Landy/Duchene/MacKinnon, the consensus seems to be to protect our waiver pick ups :laugh:

Shows just how awful we really are top to bottom.
Im actually really curious who we protect

Landeskog/duchene/mackinnon/EJ/zadorov/Barrie is a given and beauch is required but between comeau, soderberg, nieto, and grigerenko I have no idea which way sakic will go

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
between comeau, soderberg, nieto, and grigerenko I have no idea which way sakic will go

It's going to be Soda unless he's got guaranteed from Vegas that they are going to pick him. Sakic wouldn't want to alienate a player with that much term left.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
All I can say is that Sakic is a dumb **** if he does not take advantage of the top four defenders that could be moved for way less than normal because of expansion.

They should probably do the 8/1 rule and end up protecting 5 defenders lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad