Proposal: Avs-Preds Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Avs go all in, Preds rebuild. Looking at these teams as a neutral fan looks like it might be smart for Nashville to start a proper rebuild. They have 2 albatros contracts in the middle and don't seem like they're going anywhere for a few years. They have some good prospects/young players already but seem to be missing that top prospect. This move would give them 2 of those.

Avs should go all in while MacK is still on his sweetheart deal. They give 2 top prospects here but would have the best roster in the league right now. Probably too big of a deal that it would ever happend, but i think this could help both teams so here we go:

To Avs:
Filip Forsberg 50% retained
Mattias Ekholm
Luke Kunin

To Preds:
Bowen Byram
Alex Newhook
JT Compher
Erik Johnson

Preds pool would be one of the best in the league, and that Avs team would be scary good.

Landy - MacK - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Kadri - Forsberg
Jost - Kunin - Nuke
Helm - Maltsev - O'Connor
Sherwood

Ekholm - Makar
Toews - Girard
Murray - MacDonald
MacDermid

Kuemper
Francouz

Scary good.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I recall a poster proposing a Newhook-Byram-Erik Johnson package in a trade proposal with another team yesterday. Forsberg and Ekholm are UFAs after this season. I don't see Colorado making a blockbuster trade this season. I don't believe Colorado needs a blockbuster, merely tweaking of the roster at the deadline if anything.

Reactions: Linds and Zandar

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I recall a poster proposing a Newhook-Byram-Erik Johnson package in a trade proposal with another team yesterday. Forsberg and Ekholm are UFAs after this season. I don't see Colorado making a blockbuster trade this season. I don't believe Colorado needs a blockbuster, merely tweaking of the roster at the deadline if anything.
Yes they are UFAs but they are also great players so they would have big value for a contending team. It would be a bold move for the Avs, but they have been going for it for few years now. Soon they will need some results and this kind of move could absolutely bring them.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
And to add a couple of things. Nashville does have a top prospect but he's a goalie. Also Johnson and Compher come of the books when Newhook, Byram, Fabbro and Myers need a raise. Then a couple of years later Johansen and then Duchene and you can lock up rest of the young core.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I would say a hard NO today from the Preds perspective. But that's based on thinking we can still compete for a playoff spot and that we are highly likely to extend Ekholm and Forsberg.

Fast Forward to February, maybe those things won't hold up. I would say call back then.

Of course if I put on my Avs shoes, I would also say a hard NO too... Avs are already mega-contenders, why throw top futures away for a couple UFAs you can't afford to keep? :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Another idea. Swap Newhook to Kaut and take out Kunin. Do you think that would be close?
:eek: Kunin was in there???? Well, take him out no matter what. Even if it came to the Trade Deadline and the Preds were in last place. Then if you are taking Newhook out, just completely forget about it entirely. We aren't trading Forsberg and Ekholm just for Byram, even as rentals, even in the worst-case apocaltypic scenario imaginable. That's just not gonna happen.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
AVS give up two tier B prospects, a cap dump and a top 9 forward and they're saying no?
IMO this really favors Avs, but they're probably rating their prospects too high, or Forsberg + Ekholm too low.

One thing I agree on is Forsberg + Ekholm would both have to be extended.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs will have their hands full to get the cap to work as it is without shipping out their best prospects who are on ELC for established players who will expect big contracts to stick around.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
:eek: Kunin was in there???? Well, take him out no matter what. Even if it came to the Trade Deadline and the Preds were in last place. Then if you are taking Newhook out, just completely forget about it entirely. We aren't trading Forsberg and Ekholm just for Byram, even as rentals, even in the worst-case apocaltypic scenario imaginable. That's just not gonna happen.
Not just for Byram but him and Kaut. If both Byram and Newhook are there it needs to be for more than Forsberg@50%+Ekholm, so Kunin is a logical add.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Not just for Byram but him and Kaut. If both Byram and Newhook are there it needs to be for more than Forsberg@50%+Ekholm, so Kunin is a logical add.
So.... hard NO THANKS to that. That's far far below offers that have been made elsewhere here.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
So.... hard NO THANKS to that. That's far far below offers that have been made elsewhere here.
I understand that you would like to keep these players. But IF Preds decide rebuild is the best route and Forsberg/Ekholm are unlikely to re-sign, i doubt you would get this kind of package without an add from your side.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs go all in, Preds rebuild. Looking at these teams as a neutral fan looks like it might be smart for Nashville to start a proper rebuild. They have 2 albatros contracts in the middle and don't seem like they're going anywhere for a few years. They have some good prospects/young players already but seem to be missing that top prospect. This move would give them 2 of those.

Avs should go all in while MacK is still on his sweetheart deal. They give 2 top prospects here but would have the best roster in the league right now. Probably too big of a deal that it would ever happend, but i think this could help both teams so here we go:

To Avs:
Filip Forsberg 50% retained
Mattias Ekholm
Luke Kunin

To Preds:
Bowen Byram
Alex Newhook
JT Compher
Erik Johnson

Preds pool would be one of the best in the league, and that Avs team would be scary good.

Landy - MacK - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Kadri - Forsberg
Jost - Kunin - Nuke
Helm - Maltsev - O'Connor
Sherwood

Ekholm - Makar
Toews - Girard
Murray - MacDonald
MacDermid

Kuemper
Francouz

Scary good.
Two rental players for the Avs two best prospects, both of which are very much A level prospects. Byram being A+ level.

yeah. I’ll go with NFW from the Avs perspective.

Byram and Newhook will have big roles this year with the Avs. Why would we ship them out for one season of two guys, one of which is already not as good as Byram. So we down grade from Byram to Ekholm and get a season of Forsberg before he leaves.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Two rental players for the Avs two best prospects, both of which are very much A level prospects. Byram being A+ level.

yeah. I’ll go with NFW from the Avs perspective.

Byram and Newhook will have big roles this year with the Avs. Why would we ship them out for one season of two guys, one of which is already not as good as Byram. So we down grade from Byram to Ekholm and get a season of Forsberg before he leaves.
See post above.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
So you want 2 of the top 10-20 prospects in the world right now for 2 pending UFAs… lol. Hard pass.

Swapping Ekholm for Byram + EJ doesn’t even make our defense any better either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad