Value of: Avs are getting healthy, still need a #2C and backup goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
It’ll never happen, but Crosby. Pens should jump on something like Byram + picks + Johansen and free Sid from this misery, and send over Nedeljkovic for futures too. Sell everybody off and just accept reality.

Drouin-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Crosby-Nichushkin
Lehkonen-Colton-O’Connor
Kiviranta-Cogliano-Wood

Toews-Makar
Girard-Manson
Johnson-Malinski

Georgiev
Nedeljkovic

PP: Nichuskin/Landeskog
MacKinnon-Crosby-Rantanen
Makar

Could stand among the greatest teams ever.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Monahan and Allen both 50% retained for your 1st

We could probably take back RyJo if you want to get rid of him, but that would cost you a bit

MarchessaultCantRead

Mar 3, 2023
i know pv said he did try to move up to late 1st at last years draft. I always felt it was prob targeting Ritchie or Musty.

if ritchie was his guy, I wouldn’t be shocked if we added a sweetener to Henrique to get ritchie
if the Avs are trading Ritchie, then the player coming back needs to be a long-term 2C, not a 34 year old middle-6 pending UFA.

Obviously, the Avs would add for the right player, but they’re not gonna trade him for guys like Henrique or Monahan.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
What’s wrong with their current beckup Sandstrom and won’t Francouz get back this year ?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Is Ritchie now worth more than a late first?

I think valuing him based on his draft position requires ignoring that he played his draft year with a shoulder injury. He has 41 points in 25 games in the OHL so far this season (which is the best PPG rate in the league), after missing the start of the season rehabbing from shoulder surgery. Absolutely no reason to give him up for late 1st value.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
if the Avs are trading Ritchie, then the player coming back needs to be a long-term 2C, not a 34 year old middle-6 pending UFA.

Obviously, the Avs would add for the right player, but they’re not gonna trade him for guys like Henrique or Monahan.
That’s fair, I like Ritchie but I don’t like him enough to dangle zegras for Ritchie+ either

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
His stock has gone nothing but up with the season he's having.
Ok that's fair, that's all anyone had to say.

Anaheim is probably looking for prospects further along than draft picks, so targeting guys taken in the late first in the last couple drafts is probably something they'll be looking into.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
You might feel this is true, ultimately it doesn't matter what you think. I would also bet the Avs have a couple of wingers and a RHD that Buffalo would have quite a bit of interest in.
Buffalo has skilled wingers oozing from everywhere.

What Buffalo needs is fairly straight-forward:

1.) Top 2 pairing RHD.
2.) 3rd/4th line PKing center who can win faceoffs and bring energy.

Byram might be a perfect match......if he were right-handed.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Frost for Byram? Byram's the only younger guy AVs have that could fit our timeline.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
That’s fair, I like Ritchie but I don’t like him enough to dangle zegras for Ritchie+ either
Unless Ritchie can play RW I don't see how/why the Ducks need him. The C spot seems locked and loaded for the next decade.

i know pv said he did try to move up to late 1st at last years draft. I always felt it was prob targeting Ritchie or Musty.

if ritchie was his guy, I wouldn’t be shocked if we added a sweetener to Henrique to get ritchie
I suspect they were trying to move up to draft Cowan or Myatovic...

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Unless Ritchie can play RW I don't see how/why the Ducks need him. The C spot seems locked and loaded for the next decade.
I feel like any Centre can play wing but not the other way around. Lots of players were drafted as Centres and end up as Wingers but never the other way around.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Monahan is pretty much a low end 2C thats playing on a very bad team with no support on his line. He'd be a 60+ points guy on a good team.

He really doesn’t fit the Avs style of play is the issue. I don’t think he can be worse than RyJo, But it probably won’t be worth the cost to acquire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad