Value of: Avs are getting healthy, still need a #2C and backup goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
I would think the following would be on the move if they could solve their 2nd line center disaster with a youngish player that is either an upcoming RFA or locked up. I know that will cost a lot.

Byram LHD
Ritchie C (having a great year in the OHL 45pts in 25 games)
Behrens LHD
1st rd picks available: 24, 25 and 26
2nd rd picks : 26

What could be the outcome?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I would think the following would be on the move if they could solve their 2nd line center disaster with a youngish player that is either an upcoming RFA or locked up. I know that will cost a lot.

Byram LHD
Ritchie C (having a great year in the OHL 45pts in 25 games)
Behrens LHD
1st rd picks available: 24, 25 and 26
2nd rd picks : 26

What could be the outcome?
1706162511047.png

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He just doesn't have the offense for 2c? I honestly thought that was the hope for him this off-season.

While I have your attention, can I interest you in a Sean Monahan?
He was more of a cheaper JT Compher replacement; 3C/utility player with grit. Will probably score a clutch goal or two in the playoffs. He can probably put up 2C numbers if he was on PP1 all season (~60 points); but no where near as talented as Kadri.

RyJo was suppose to have a shot as 2C and thats been a failure. 3/4C at best right now.

Reactions: AvStock

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If Mittelstadt or Zegras really are available that is where all of the Avs attention should be.

If they aren't available, Lindholm is the best chance to win this year but they shouldn't be using an asset like Byram on a pure UFA rental.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
What would the Avs offer for Charlie Lindgren? Washington and Colorado have a good track record when it comes to goalie exchanges.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Mittelstadt or Zegras really are available that is where all of the Avs attention should be.

If they aren't available, Lindholm is the best chance to win this year but they should be using an asset like Byram on a pure UFA rental.

Colorado doesn’t have what buffalo needs. Buffalo isn’t trading him for picks.

maybe Anaheim is interested in Bynum…..I’m concerned he’s one hit away from ending his career

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

If they aren't available, Lindholm is the best chance to win this year but they should be using an asset like Byram on a pure UFA rental.

Really don’t think the aves have the realistic right pieces for zegras if he was available(which I don’t think he is).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

maybe Anaheim is interested in Bynum…..I’m concerned he’s one hit away from ending his career
Byram injury issues prob a no go… and we’re pretty deep on left side with fowler Mintyukov lacombe Vaaks zellweger.

If zegras is moved it’s for a high end natural winger that fits what PV wants in a player, or a RHD. But kinda would seem odd seeing as we just traded a RHD. Other possibility would be at the draft for a highish draft pick, but I see 0 chance we move him at deadline

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Byram injury issues prob a no go… and we’re pretty deep on left side with fowler Mintyukov lacombe Vaaks zellweger.

If zegras is moved it’s for a high end natural winger that fits what PV wants in a player, or a RHD. But kinda would seem odd seeing as we just traded a RHD. Other possibility would be at the draft for a highish draft pick, but I see 0 chance we move him at deadline
Byram is better than all of these guys, Zegras included.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Byram is better than all of these guys, Zegras included.
That wasn’t the point of the comment…. The point was we shouldn’t be trading for a position we’re comfortable at from a position of weakness.

I’d also take Mintyukov over byram, the rest I agree with tho zellweger could be a special player.

You also generally hate every ducks prospect so idk if I can take your opinion that serious

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Henrique at 50% for Calum Ritchie?
:laugh:

You might feel this is true, ultimately it doesn't matter what you think. I would also bet the Avs have a couple of wingers and a RHD that Buffalo would have quite a bit of interest in.

Also, why would you be concerned he's one hit away from ending his career? He hasn't dealt with any concussion issues in over 2 years now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
:laugh:

You might feel this is true, ultimately it doesn't matter what you think. I would also bet the Avs have a couple of wingers and a RHD that Buffalo would have quite a bit of interest in.

Also, why would you be concerned he's one hit away from ending his career? He hasn't dealt with any concussion issues in over 2 years now.
Is Ritchie now worth more than a late first?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is Ritchie now worth more than a late first?
i know pv said he did try to move up to late 1st at last years draft. I always felt it was prob targeting Ritchie or Musty.

if ritchie was his guy, I wouldn’t be shocked if we added a sweetener to Henrique to get ritchie

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad