GDT: Avalanche vs Bruins 1/18/24 @ 5:00PM MNT Moose vs Bear who will win?

Who wins in a fight Bear, Moose or Gorilla?

• Total voters

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Oh my bad.. fancy stats > watching the game.

The only goal Georgie could be blamed is that 2nd one when he over commit to the near boards. The other 3 were all high danger goals. But I'm had enough of your homerism every day, blocked.
Lol the watch the game argument. What about traditional stats? Looks like below .900SV%.

• Haha
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
The shot was average at best, doesn't matter who shot it when it was an average shot. George had to make that save and it blows by him.

Bar down from a one of the league's best shooters. Pasta is scoring this 9/10 times.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 3

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’m sick and tired of hearing he couldn’t do anything on the other teams’ goals.

How about this?

Name one or two times where he actually made a big save and prevented a clear goal?

Every f***ing high danger chance ends up in the back of the net. I don’t give a f*** who’s at fault, at some point you simply need your goaltender to make some big saves.

He allows a minimum of 2 goals in every first period and is an absolute guarantee to allow at least 4 across 60 minutes. 8 of the last 9 games with a save percentage under 90%.

This is the National Hockey League, we need our goalies to make a save.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It was unreadable since Pasternak was spinning into it and sniped it post and in.
This is just plain BS. This needed to be saved. And all the fancy stats agree with this assessment. George let in more than what would be expected tonight. And goal 1 is the reason.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Manson really did f*** us there. Such a brain dead penalty to take away from the puck. Makar also had a horrible first period. Was a turnover machine. The top line looked slow tonight. I'm sure a lot of it was Boston's defensive structure, but it's also the 4th game in 6 days playing close to 30 minutes a night. The Avs need to book a spa day for the top line and top D pairing for the upcoming 3 day break. We really need a 2C and for Lehky and Nuke to return.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I’m sick and tired of hearing he couldn’t do anything on the other teams’ goals.

How about this?

Name one or two times where he actually made a big save and prevented a clear goal?

Every f***ing high danger chance ends up in the back of the net. I don’t give a f*** who’s at fault, at some point you simply need your goaltender to make some big saves.

He allows a minimum of 2 goals in every first period and is an absolute guarantee to allow at least 4 across 60 minutes. 8 of the last 9 games with a save percentage under 90%.

Exactly. Chances are going to happen, hockey is a game of mistakes. Goalies are paid to make saves. He's not making them.

Every Single Team Makes Multiple Mistakes A Game.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

How about this?

Exactly this. All I ever hear around here is excuses why George gave up 4.

Guy plain stinks most nights and rarely helps us get wins. Most of our wins are due to offensive outbursts.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
MacKinnon, Drouin, and Rantanen "only" played 22 minutes tonight.

Perhaps Bednar was trying to play others a tad bit more thinking he will run the top guys into the ground in Philly trying to get that win against a slightly weaker team lol.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

How about this?

At around less than 4 min 27 sec left of the first period. Poor give away. Back hand pass by the Bruins that Georgiev had to read correctly, went across the crease, no rebound.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
MacKinnon, Drouin, and Rantanen "only" played 22 minutes tonight.

Perhaps Bednar was trying to play others a tad bit more thinking he will run the top guys into the ground in Philly trying to get that win against a slightly weaker team lol.
And we lost because of it. Clearly we need to play the top line more.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGrimReaper

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017

How about this?

100% on point last year he stole the team some games they had no business winning this year anything but. We have 15 come from behind wins aways playing from behind will catch up with you hoping we get healthy before it does

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

How about this?

The Avs dare you to beat them at their game.

The Bruins just did that. Outside of the 2nd period, they out systems and out tactic'd Bednar's boys.

Not enough thoroughbred horses to play Jared's style game night in and night out. Especially with this unstellar goaltending.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
A lot of offense is dying with Rantanen possessing the puck.

He frequently struggles to gain possession on fairly routine and comfortable passes to him. He frequently holds on to the puck too long and then loses possession. And he’s frequently using bad judgment when making passes.
I'm telling ya, dude is not locked in at all. Energy wise, He's playing the game like he's some burnout, who's punching in on a crappy 9 to 5 job.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoRox89

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

He frequently struggles to gain possession on fairly routine and comfortable passes to him. He frequently holds on to the puck too long and then loses possession. And he’s frequently using bad judgment when making passes.
Ya Rantanen has been awful in his all around game.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
There’s a lot of things wrong with this team that gets masked by the team still winning games. I desperately hope some help is coming in sooner rather than later. I’ve been in work situations where you still get results because select people are pulling their weight and then some…but as a result management doesn’t do shit and then things fall apart because the people you rely on progressively burnout

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

I really do think Mikko needs to play less. He looks gassed after a few seconds of skating hard. I don't know if he's dealing with an injury, or if he's actually out of shape, but something with him needs to change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad