GDT: Avalanche vs Bruins 1/18/24 @ 5:00PM MNT Moose vs Bear who will win?

Who wins in a fight Bear, Moose or Gorilla?

• Total voters

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Long term lurker, finally made an account.

don’t care what the chances are like. 4giev is 60th overall in save percentage and 21st or dead last for save percentage in goalies playing at least 25 games this season. Maybe they weren’t all his fault tonight, but he has actively cost the Avs significantly more games than he’s won them.

I’m usually sea eagles level of positivity, but good god it’s flat out painful to watch. Even if they do get players back and get a decent 2c, they are gonna have a real tough time outscoring a goalie who lets in at least 1 goal for every 10 shots.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Georgie could have a stat line of 15GA on one save and there would be people praising his one save
People really need to analyze the goals against rather than just look at stats. I'm talking just about this game, not the season. Georgiev wasn't the problem tonight, its the complete lack of forward depth.

Reactions: LOFIN
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

don’t care what the chances are like. 4giev is 60th overall in save percentage and 21st or dead last for save percentage in goalies playing at least 25 games this season. Maybe they weren’t all his fault tonight, but he has actively cost the Avs significantly more games than he’s won them.

I’m usually sea eagles level of positivity, but good god it’s flat out painful to watch. Even if they do get players back and get a decent 2c, they are gonna have a real tough time outscoring a goalie who lets in at least 1 goal for every 10 shots.

Welcome! I personally love that despite being a lurker you are already using the 4giev moniker, haha

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
People really need to analyze the goals against rather than just look at stats. I'm talking just about this game, not the season. Georgiev wasn't the problem tonight, its the complete lack of forward depth.

I personally think it is both. At this point I don’t trust George to give the chance to win, and I don’t think the team does either. At the same time, the complete lack of depth is making it even harder

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Georgie could have a stat line of 15GA on one save and there would be people praising his one save
It's getting tough to deal with George supporters right now. Every night is the same story, 4+ goals, and a laundry list from his support group telling me that he didn't shit the bed.

Like the guy sucks this year. Not much else to say, stats don't lie. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
He wasn't completely to blame but also wasn't an active participant in helping the team win. He had a RyJo type performance.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I personally think it is both. At this point I don’t trust George to give the chance to win, and I don’t think the team does either. At the same time, the complete lack of depth is making it even harder
If he doesn't "give a chance to win", he wouldn't literally be one of the highest total wins goalies in the league. He's been average this year, basically playing like his salary. Maybe overachieved last year or overworked this year. Would love him to play as well as he did last year.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'm telling ya, dude is not locked in at all. He's playing the game like he's some burnout, who's punching in on a crappy 9 to 5 job.

Perhaps. Or maybe his clock is off?

In receiving a puck, maybe hes thinking too much about what he will do next? His clock is too fast. Its like a WR who drops passes because he thinks about the run after the catch prematurely?

And when he actually he has the puck, maybe his clock isn't running fast enough? He's like a QB who doesnt sense pocket pressure or holds on to the ball too long and then forces passes?

Sorry for so much football analogy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Welcome, great post. Fully agree.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

And we should criticize him on the games where he cost us rather than pick a game where the loss is a team effort.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
And we should criticize him on the games where he cost us rather than pick a game where the loss is a team effort.
True the team efforts wasn’t there tonite, which is why you need your goalie to bail you out every now and then George done it last year, not once this year. The team effort has bailed him out on the other hand many of times

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Georgiev didn't win them the game, but he certainly didn't lose it either. But that's what he is. He's the 36th highest paid goalie for a reason. He's a game manager, not a 'steal a game' type goalie. Avs management prefer to spend that extra money on defense and forwards. So when the defensive game has mental lapses, its even that more apparent.

Tonight the Avs were just beat by a better team who showed up on time. Its been the Avs MO for years that they 'start late'. Against shitty teams like Ottawa its not a big deal, but against Cup contenders, you ain't winning.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Has anyone checked his biorhythm?
IMG_4680.gif

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Old coaching secret........ when your goalie isn't making saves, you always tell the team that pointing that one finger means that the other 4 are pointing back at yourself.

And that everyone on the ice is partly to blame for the goal that has been scored..... at some point, some time, somebody blew an assignment.

It's a coping technique.... lol

Ever notice that when the goalie plays out of his head, he gets all the credit and the 5 skaters don't share in the glory? :sarcasm:

That's why you need 2 (TWO!) NHL quality goaltenders! Or at least a backup that can play a bunch of games at that level until the ship rights itself.

Management has screwed the pooch here and the players all know it.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Perhaps. Or maybe his clock is off?

In receiving a puck, maybe hes thinking too much about what he will do next? His clock is too fast. Its like a WR who drops passes because he thinks about the run after the catch prematurely?

And when he actually he has the puck, maybe his clock isn't running fast enough? He's like a QB who doesnt sense pocket pressure or holds on to the ball too long and then forces passes?

Sorry for so much football analogy.
All of that is happening for sure, but there's more. Compare his game right now with how he was playing last year when MacK got hurt. We know he is capable of dominating. He falls down a lot, thus the Bambi moniker, but still, he isn't even getting to the spot where he can fall down now. That's how bad it is.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
True the team efforts wasn’t there tonite, which is why you need your goalie to bail you out every now and then George done it last year, not once this year. The team effort has bailed him out on the other hand many of times
Yup. Would love if it Georgiev bailed us out of this game. The stars have absolutely bailed the team out more than Georgiev, which is why they are paid the big bucks. If Georgiev bailed us out like last year, we'd probably be even higher in the standings.

Reactions: mackinnon29

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Georgiev didn't win them the game, but he certainly didn't lose it either. But that's what he is. He's the 36th highest paid goalie for a reason. He's a game manager, not a 'steal a game' type goalie. Avs management prefer to spend that extra money on defense and forwards. So when the defensive game has mental lapses, its even that more apparent.

Tonight the Avs were just beat by a better team who showed up on time. Its been the Avs MO for years that they 'start late'. Against shitty teams like Ottawa its not a big deal, but against Cup contenders, you ain't winning.
He’s the 36th highest paid goalie because he was an unproven RFA when he signed that deal. Compared to others in that realm, he’s on the higher end. Along with that lower paid goalies are out performing him. Either he can be at least average… or the Avs need to find an average goalie.

If George rebounds with 3 good games in a row before having a below average to poor game… and do that consistently… the screaming about him will stop. Until he does that, things will just be touchy.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If he doesn't "give a chance to win", he wouldn't literally be one of the highest total wins goalies in the league. He's been average this year, basically playing like his salary. Maybe overachieved last year or overworked this year. Would love him to play as well as he did last year.
We play Edmonton hockey at this point. We win despite the goalie. We have to score 5 to have a chance. Super unrealistic and absolutely ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad