Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche-rolled or get rolled. 7PM MTN

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Yeh I think people get that. It's just how stupid the league looks trying to figure it out and having to review it twice.

Loiue just made a comment about the process and that's it in a nutshell.. goal called on the ice, ref looks at it sees the push across and calls it no goal. That's how it should be. The whole review process is flawed.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Again frustrating, call on the ice which was completely wrong, was a goal. By rules and review, it should stand. Opposing players stick was directed into pushing the goalie into the net by the defender. Both are wrong. Ended up being the right call but worse because the NHL has blown another call.
I think with NHL rules you are responsible for your stick 100% of the time. If Cagguila was pushed into the goalie and his body knocked the goalie and the puck in. Good goal. Because it was the stick, it's not.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I've decided to stick in and watch the third period, just to see if they're gonna leave it all on the ice. I'd say the odds are 99% that the Oilers will lose the game, but I want to give them one more chance before I spiritually give up on them (playoffs are obviously a lost cause long ago).

There is absolutely no excuse for the Oilers not giving it 100% in this game.

Reactions: nexttothemoon

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I mean technically one went for you, just immediately went back, is that half of a won challenge?

This is also true, technically.

We have no longer lost 14 reviews in a row(if we even did) because we literally just won one in this game.

One we clearly shouldn't have, too.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I've decided to stick in and watch the third period, just to see if they're gonna leave it all on the ice. I'd say the odds are 99% that the Oilers will lose the game, but I want to give them one more chance before I spiritually give up on them (playoffs are obviously a lost cause long ago).

There is absolutely no excuse for the Oilers not giving it 100% in this game.
I too like to make poor life decisions.

Reactions: Supermassive

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Puljujarvi on the right half board...lol can this really be happening?

Great PP
Running a pp isn't even rocket science. You have to be literally an idiot to run one this bad. f***ing, you tell a high school coach to coach the PP and it would have a higher success rate cause they would just use Hockey for Dummies systems and it would work fine.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Running a pp isn't even rocket science. You have to be literally an idiot to run one this bad. ****ing, you tell a high school coach to coach the PP and it would have a higher success rate cause they would just use Hockey for Dummies systems and it would work fine.
Literally just switching Letestu for Puljujarvi would of been better, but instead they put Puljujarvi on the right wall so he cant even be a shooter.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I think with NHL rules you are responsible for your stick 100% of the time. If Cagguila was pushed into the goalie and his body knocked the goalie and the puck in. Good goal. Because it was the stick, it's not.
Is that part of the review though? Generally asking what is involved with the reviewable rule.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Definitely seeing the benefits of a guy that was coaching midget hockey (because his son is on the team) helping out our special teams.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
FOR 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

First was deciding if the puck fully crossed the line or not because the puck was covered by the glove the whole way in.

Second was a GI challenge.
You’re correct it was for two different things but that’s what the problem was. It’s just a stupid system that makes you do two different reviews separately. Why do the first review, call it a good goal when it’s obvious to everyone watching that a second review will be coming and that the goal will be disallowed? All that does is piss the fans off even more and waste more time. The NHL has a lot of really stupid people making decisions for them.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Klefbum is one of the worst defenders we have ever had in the history of this organization is his own end. I pit him up against anyone..Schultz, Benning, Ference anyone... he is up there .....what really sucks...we have 2 of them...at this current time, Benning and him.

Fans in this city have awfully short memories. And should maybe switch to baseball apparently.

Reactions: Throttlehead

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
It only just dawned on me, Nurse was promoted to the top PP unit 2 games ago, but was already taken off that group (leading to Klefbom's return and why we're down 3-1). WTF did Nurse do/not do to get bumped down? This is the same coaching staff that gave TheTestTube 40+ games before removing him from the top unit.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It only just dawned on me, Nurse was promoted to the top PP unit 2 games ago, but was already taken off that group (leading to Klefbom's return and why we're down 3-1). WTF did Nurse do/not do to get bumped down? This is the same coaching staff that gave TheTestTube 40+ games before removing him from the top unit.

The same coach who HS Letestu last game. Gave no reason as to why and then put him right back into the lineup, where's he back on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad