Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche-rolled or get rolled. 7PM MTN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
My problem is it really isn't goalie interference. The original call is brutal but that being said the defender is pushing the stick into the glove. Another only oilers situation

Yeah the only reason it is now controversial is because the call on the ice and after the first review is goal. Goalie interference didn't occur, you're right.

Straight up though, the emotional roller coasters we ride in an Oilers game are the loopiest ****ing things in the world.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
This team wins just about every game they outwork the other team. I don’t know how they’re sleeping through games this deep into the situation. Sad effort tonight.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hey Todd, if you don't fight for your players, how the hell do you expect them to fight for you?

Todd should've been gone months ago. Hopefully the money that we save on not hiring an interim coach will be spent on taking on expiring contracts at the deadline because this is shit.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Yeah the only reason it is now controversial is because the call on the ice and after the first review is goal. Goalie interference didn't occur, you're right.

Straight up though, the emotional roller coasters we ride in an Oilers game are the loopiest ****ing things in the world.
It is what you say karma but its completely botched according to the rules. Which is making it more frustrating for the fans. First call is absolutely wrong, no doubt. Second call is worse.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Klefbom lost the puck originally while in Colorados zone, then misses a pass by Montoya, then gets walked... I think his issue is he tries too hard. Like tonight he was looking confident and trying to play his game but he doesn't seem to be good enough to pull off that game he has in his mind.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Glove pushed = interference
Two Bruins ******** Allen = not interference.

That's 15 straight challenge calls going against us for those keeping notes at home.

The sad thing is I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not, so many calls have gone against us I just expect it.

Reactions: nabob

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hometown Hockey sucks and is boring. Rogers with some bullshit idea to try to convince Canadians they aren't a soulless and heartless corporation and they care about us hockey folk.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah looked almost identical to the penalty they gave Nurse earlier in the game. Except you know this happened after the play.

There was another play where we got crosschecked after that penalty. The Nurse penalty was a weak one IMO. No sense in asking for make up calls because our PP sucks Donkey anyway.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Oh cmon guys.. as stupid as it was ref wise, when a player pushes the goalie's glove over the line it's not a good goal. Just because we've been screwed in similar situations doesn't make it right.

Yeh I think people get that. It's just how stupid the league looks trying to figure it out and having to review it twice.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Do you have any idea how hard it is to start skating backwards from a standstill?

Klefbum is one of the worst defenders we have ever had in the history of this organization is his own end. I pit him up against anyone..Schultz, Benning, Ference anyone... he is up there .....what really sucks...we have 2 of them...at this current time, Benning and him.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's that they huddled together, called the goal good, then called it the other way moments later. Like WTF
FOR 2 DIFFERENT THINGS.

First was deciding if the puck fully crossed the line or not because the puck was covered by the glove the whole way in.

Second was a GI challenge.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Again frustrating, call on the ice which was completely wrong, was a goal. By rules and review, it should stand. Opposing players stick was directed into pushing the goalie into the net by the defender. Both are wrong. Ended up being the right call but worse because the NHL has blown another call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad