OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Todays my day off I told work id come in so I can train more but I dont think so. Havent heard any news about the next few days either. With the coastline evacuating I dont see the point.

My sister suggested we all go up there but my parents said no.

My father is confident with how these communities are built and how they just spent thousands on storm windows that we will be fine

Weather events always have me anxious can’t exactly fight or even sometimes escape weather

Coco the puff
Take care of yourself and this lovely girl....

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yeah the last moment to do this!!!
IMG_4138.jpeg

Reactions: JAD

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
According to Google maps, traffic in the Tampa area is flowing much better today. The state has an emergency shoulder use order in effect and all tolls on those roads are suspended

Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Some tik tok storm chaser is saying its going to hit closer to fort myers but news and everything I follow say otherwise

Ill stick to all my weather apps and continue to watch movies and not social media people

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Milton as of 2pm

Cat. 4

125 miles NE of Progreso Mexico

520 miles SW of Tampa, Florida

Wind Speed155 mph (just under cat 5)

Min. Pressure 27.26" 923 mb

Heading ENE at 8 mph

Coordinates 22.5 N 88.2W

Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 30 miles (45 km) from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 105 miles (165 km).

This wind field is still expected to weaken a little and still expand greatly just before and as it makes landfall.

Very, very dangerous and scary situation.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Doesn't everyone in FL have a truck and SUV?
That's Maine, not Florida. There's a lot of pickups but also a lot of sports cars, convertibles and sedans. At least that's what I saw when I was down there last in 2018. Ironically drove straight through the tail end of Hurricane Florance on the way down that time. 16 hours from D.C. to Orlando, most of that on back roads through NC because I-95 was closed due to flooding through the entire state.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Nope. Not until this morning.

Braindead shit right there.

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced that the state has suspended all tolls in West Florida, Central Florida and Alligator Alley ahead of Hurricane Milton.

The suspension was enacted at 10:30 a.m. Monday and will continue until it is safe to return to evacuated areas."

Been toll free for over 24 hours now

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced that the state has suspended all tolls in West Florida, Central Florida and Alligator Alley ahead of Hurricane Milton.

The suspension was enacted at 10:30 a.m. Monday and will continue until it is safe to return to evacuated areas."

Been toll free for over 24 hours now

I stand corrected. Thank you!

Reactions: BB79

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I follow the squadron on Twitter. I admire their courage so much because if something goes wrong there is no way the crew can survive. This probably explains the lack of helmets, life preservers etc. They know they don't stand a chance.
Takes a special kind of person to agree to that kind of work. I'm "special" but not like that :loony: :laugh:

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
Last edited:

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Doesn't everyone in FL have a truck and SUV? Just start driving north and sleep in your vehicle at a walmart.
I have a '96 ram 1500 and 2017 jeep wrangler unlimited Sahara. Leaving isn't always as easy as it sounds I have a friend's 2 dogs I'm caring for, a collee, a husky; along with my own bullmastiff and three cats. Doesn't leave much room in the jeep ... just saying.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Pensacola is letting the Red Cross use their civic center as a shelter for evacuees. Opens at 6:00 pm, pet friendly.

Reactions: JAD

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
First day checking out the King Salmon run in Milwaukee.

…….yes, there is a salmon run in Milwaukee. Great day. Go Bs!

PS: the guy in the background just buried a hook in his thumb as that photo was being taken. Won’t come out. We are off to urgent care, smelling like fish.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad