Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Liljegren will probably healthy scratch ( if not trade)

From Jonas Siegel, Liljegren is maybe right now 8th in leafs depht chart in D behind Timmins... and even if McCabe don't play, It could be Myers who step in the line up unstead of Liljegren...We don't even talk about Hakanpaa.

Liljegren time in Toronto is over, they should trade him right now because hes clearly don't fit in the new team philosophy
Timmins is a lousy defender, and that will be exposed as soon as game #1
he's just 'cheaper' and different

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
What is the biggest need on the roster right now: another top 4 RHD, or a 3C?

Shedding Lily, Kampf, Timmins, would give us 6.5 million in space towards that.

BTW, thats less than what Matt Roy makes, who we nearly signed.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

For me, it's the D, and the handedness actually doesn't matter; it's more about the quality.

To me, they need to find someone who can actually surpass Rielly as the number one defenceman. However, it also has to fit within the time frame of Matthews' current contract, so they're likely already drafted.

The center is a concern, but you can move things around, like using Domi and trying Nylander there for more than a game. Or, and they won't do this, but $16, I mean #16, could probably do a good job at center given his game style.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't think Stolarz is going anywhere but I could see somewhere between this season and off-season, the Leafs might need to choose between Hildeby and Woll.

Heard between rookie tournament and pre-season, Leafs got some inquiries on Hildeby.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I don't think Stolarz is going anywhere but I could see somewhere between this season and off-season, the Leafs might need to choose between Hildeby and Woll.

Heard between rookie tournament and pre-season, Leafs got some inquiries on Hildeby.
I like both but I think Hildeby is the keeper (no pun intended) between the two. His upside is higher imo.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
If we can move Kampf, Jarnkrok, and Liljegren for actual assets (preferably picks), that would give us 7.5 million in extra cap space and at least 3 picks to address one of our roster needs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
One of the major problems I'm seeing is how do we trade guys for value if they either aren't playing or just playing bit roles

We just can't showcase them so who's taking a guy like Liljegren for 3M? Or Kampf at 2.4M or Jarnkrok at 2.1M

We're actively scrubbing off value by the minute

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
One of the major problems I'm seeing is how do we trade guys for value if they either aren't playing or just playing bit roles

We just can't showcase them so who's taking a guy like Liljegren for 3M? Or Kampf at 2.4M or Jarnkrok at 2.1M

They might be showcasing people like Timmins.

Sell him before he has his regularly scheduled injury time.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Timmins is a lousy defender, and that will be exposed as soon as game #1
he's just 'cheaper' and different

And whats different than Liljegren?Liljegren had been expose for now 3 year...

For me Timmins puck moving ability > Liljegren so if he just be able to bring it a decent defensive game ( and i think playing with Benoit can help him in that area).

Don't forget Timmins missed pratically 3 entire season

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Both would be pretty big upgrades. Tanev is great but after him it's a little meh to iffy in terms of RHD, but with McCabe playing RD it might not be a huge need. I'd like to see a mid line center added though and keeping Domi, Nylander, Holmberg to the wing. A center that can push 50+ points and kill a lot of penalties. You'll never have a perfect roster though.

Jarnkrok and Liljegren have some form of value, or at least they did, the others don't.

Reactions: Sypher04

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

In retrospect it likely would have been much smarter to have just dumped Lily at the draft for a pick and then spent that 3 mil in free agency

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
In retrospect it likely would have been much smarter to have just dumped Lily at the draft for a pick and then spent that 3 mil in free agency
No shit, Tre screwed the pooch on resigning him, this year’s Brodie if he plays…….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad