OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED GIRL DAD
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
IMG_4112.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

My brother lives in Charlotte county which looks like it may be in the worst place south of landfall. He pretty much just recovered from Hurricane Ian that directly hit there.

He has lived there over 30 years and rarely had hurricane issues until Ian and now Milton, global warming maybe making hurricanes worse than ever before? He thinks he's going to be done with Florida after this storm.

Reactions: caz16 and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My brother lives in Charlotte county which looks like it may be in the worst place south of landfall. He pretty much just recovered from Hurricane Ian that directly hit there.

He has lived there over 30 years and rarely had hurricane issues until Ian and now Milton, global warming maybe making hurricanes worse than ever before? He thinks he's going to be done with Florida after this storm.
I hope he stays safe and hopefully it won’t be bad where he is! A lot of people just finished recovery from Ian. It is just heartbreaking to watch. Global warming is a major reason why we are seeing more powerful storms. Water temperatures in the gulf are almost 90 degrees which wasn’t a case 30 years ago.

This video is really helpful in understanding why Milton is tracking towards Florida

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Todays my day off I told work id come in so I can train more but I dont think so. Havent heard any news about the next few days either. With the coastline evacuating I dont see the point.

My sister suggested we all go up there but my parents said no.

My father is confident with how these communities are built and how they just spent thousands on storm windows that we will be fine

Weather events always have me anxious can’t exactly fight or even sometimes escape weather

Coco the puff
..but you can avoid the worst of it. Do it, if not for yourself, for the sake of Coco. Seriously, spending thousands on storm windows isn't going to prevent the damage of a major hurricane, the surge is dangerous as we have seen. Good luck, be smart!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad