Auston Matthews is 53 goals from franchise history.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Plenty have already given up, plenty more will abandon them if they run it back, until they stop giving half the cap to four forwards they aren’t winning shit, President’s Trophy excluded. At least @confucious will be happy…….

Perfect, those fans can leave. Better for the rest of us. Many will stop watching, many more will continue watching.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Personal achievements don't win championships.

Why are you celebrating a personal achievement of McDavid and not Matthews? Neither brought them a championship.
Neither does disappearing when intensity and physicality ramp up.

McDavid is closer by a mile, Matthews hasn't had the reps to understand what it takes. You think he's suddenly gonna flip a switch? 🤣

McDavid willed his team to the finals and brought the back from a 3-1 hole. Oilers have had deep runs, they're infinitely more battle tested than the Leafs.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Contrary to what the brigade of excessively vocal and negative whiners here would have you believe, our lack of playoff success doesn’t erase the importance of our regular season franchise record book.

This IS a big deal, and I hope he hits it this year on route to the greater success we’re all waiting for.

Don't disagree.

If the team you support are losers, you can still enjoy individual players.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Neither does disappearing when intensity and physicality ramp up.

McDavid is closer by a mile, Matthews hasn't had the reps to understand what it takes. You think he's suddenly gonna flip a switch? 🤣

McDavid willed his team to the finals and brought the back from a 3-1 hole. Oilers have had deep runs, they're infinitely more battle tested than the Leafs.

Once again, we are talking about personal achievements not mattering for the Cup and you are defending McDavid's personal achievements.

It's too bad he couldn't will his team to a win and his season was still a failure, he willed so hard before game 7 that he wasn't able to be effective at all when it mattered most.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Once again, we are talking about personal achievements not mattering for the Cup and you are defending McDavid's personal achievements.

It's too bad he couldn't will his team to a win and his season was still a failure, he willed so hard before game 7 that he wasn't able to be effective at all when it mattered most.
McDavid is miles beyond Auston and if you think they're close you're kidding yourself. He's gone through various long playoff runs, Auston has yet to show up.

McDavid did everything he could to get the Oilers to a game 7 final. He's up with Wayne and Mario in the historical stat sheet. He showed leadership by telling the media Stanley Cup or Bust.

You could argue the Oilers win that series if Drai wasn't a shell of himself and doing nothing. If you think 97 and 34 are on equal footing I can't help you.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
McDavid is miles beyond Auston and if you think they're close you're kidding yourself. He's gone through various long playoff runs, Auston has yet to show up.

McDavid did everything he could to get the Oilers to a game 7 final. He's up with Wayne and Mario in the historical stat sheet. He showed leadership by telling the media Stanley Cup or Bust.

You could argue the Oilers win that series if Drai wasn't a shell of himself and doing nothing. If you think 97 and 34 are on equal footing I can't help you.

Honestly why are we talking about the oilers. Screw that organization lol. This the leafs boards!!

At the end of the day they didn’t win, so they are still losers.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Incredible

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1720924967324.jpg
    FB_IMG_1720924967324.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
It also shows Nylander is only 3 goals behind him in the playoffs, in 1 less game.

Too bad 6'3", 216 lb. Auston didn't have some of 5'11", 197 lb. Wendel's will to win. Or 6', 190 lb. Sittler's leadership.

It's time to separate himself from being the next Ovechkin, to being the next Leafs leader.
and yet wendel's will to win or sittler's leadership got us what 1 more round? lol at least ovechkin has a cup.

True, the evil sick and twisted Leaf fans (why can't they be happy with nothing) don't criticize most of the guys on that list. It's almost as if there's a lot more to the game than one guy scoring goals. :eek3:
and yet here we are with sittler and clark having the same number of cups as matthews but i guess Clark hit people and fought!

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
and yet wendel's will to win or sittler's leadership got us what 1 more round? lol at least ovechkin has a cup.

and yet here we are with sittler and clark having the same number of cups as matthews but i guess Clark hit people and fought!

Don’t talk about Clark like that, he has one whole almost PPG playoff run in his career, you’re talking about the legend that scored at a 30 goal pace in the playoffs. You’re talking about a guy that competed for a conference final banner one time. Show some respect.

Reactions: WillNy29

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Can we stop acting like Matthews doesn't produce in the playoffs. He is currently 10th among active NHLers for goals per game in the playoffs. That puts him ahead of players like Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Verhaeghe, Kane, Stone, and Kucharov. He is tied with Mats Sundin and behind only Vaive (who got half of his goals not as a Leaf).

Yes, his goals per game is lower in the playoffs than in the regular season, but that is true for everyone. His next challenge is to raise his playoff game, but let's not act like he has disappeared.

Reactions: Sypher04

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Is this a commentary on how amazing a shooter AM is or how shitty the Leafs have done drafting/developing/signing talent or both?

Reactions: ToneDog

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
One championship probably will make him best since Original 6.

I suppose if just looking at individual, non-team, achievement he'd be there like Ovechkin.

Individually a great career, but ... Alex Ovechkin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Rather have Cups.

Did.....did you read what I said, I literally said he needed a championship, he's got all the individual stuff covered.

You said if he wins a championship that probably makes him the best since the original 6, first of all there is no probably to it, it does.

Secondly if a championship makes him the best since the original 6, then a championship automatically makes him the ever because nobody has won shit since.

I would suggest to you that even a finals run makes him the best ever, because that hasn't even been done since the original 6.

The best we got is a few conference finals the bar Isn't that high.

Is this a commentary on how amazing a shooter AM is or how shitty the Leafs have done drafting/developing/signing talent or both?

I mean he's on pace to do it by 27 that says a lot.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Honestly why are we talking about the oilers. Screw that organization lol. This the leafs boards!!

At the end of the day they didn’t win, so they are still losers.
Probably because some are asking why he gets a pass for not scoring any points in games 6 and 7 of the SCF.

Reactions: rumman

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

May as well add every Leaf since 1967 including Sundin, Salming, Turnbull, McDonald, Kessel, Roberts and any HOFer who has never won a SC for that matter.. Not sure if you ever watched Sittler and Clark in the playoffs but if you did, you'd clearly see the difference in their play. Funny never seen either laugh while being ragged dolled or turn down a fight from an asshole opponent like Tkachuk or Hagel. Sittler had 5 goals in one game vs the Broad Steet bullies. Marner has 11 in 8 f***ing years. Yes they've won the same number of cups the Leafs did but your argument is flawed.

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Because of hard work and sacrifice Gilmour Clark had back to back semi finals. They were fun to watch and cheer for.

That’s all anyone ask for from this group.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Pretty easy to tell the age of some of the posters in here, or at least when they started becoming a fan of the Leafs. Way too much disrespect of Leafs legends in order to prop up the losers that are on the team today. I'm embarrassed for some of the posters in here.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Pretty easy to tell the age of some of the posters in here, or at least when they started becoming a fan of the Leafs. Way too much disrespect of Leafs legends in order to prop up the losers that are on the team today. I'm embarrassed for some of the posters in here.

Some people obviously aren’t well versed in our history and that comes through sometimes. I don’t think anyone should be disrespecting previous Leafs, but this type of comment cuts both ways. I think our current guys get more shit than they deserve as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad