OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Update: added some fresh pepper and balsamic glaze to the Sammy. Chefs kiss. Sturdy bread is a must!
I never thought to try mozz with peaches before.

I was looking at making this but I have to substitute the fresh mozz to the bagged stuff thanks to lactose sensitivity.

Also, balsamic glaze is the absolute best

Reactions: Gordoff

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I never thought to try mozz with peaches before.

I was looking at making this but I have to substitute the fresh mozz to the bagged stuff thanks to lactose sensitivity.

Also, balsamic glaze is the absolute best

We had a ridiculous appetizer when we had a nice dinner down the cape that was burratta, grilled peaches, grilled bread, and balsamic. I’m all about that combo now.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Yesterday was a month since I was laid off. Hard month mentally but in the last few days.

Flemings contacted me to see if I am interested in a job
Tommy Bahamas contacted me
Coopers hawk winery and fine dining contacted me
Have the panda express job fair
An italian restaurant contacted me
Dropped off a resume at a new place that I was told is hiring
300+ employer job fair in Tampa on the 27th

One of these has to hit.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Time to arrest dirty dopers!!!
IMG_3285.jpeg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Unisom works well for me as well except I noticed it throws my equilibrium and balance off the day after.
I haven’t had it in several years. I fell asleep around 1130 on the train, and although I woke up several times thinking that my reality was a dream, i did manage to sleep until about 630. I’m still feeling a little off upstairs today. I can’t focus my eyes on anything at all

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I haven’t had it in several years. I fell asleep around 1130 on the train, and although I woke up several times thinking that my reality was a dream, i did manage to sleep until about 630. I’m still feeling a little off upstairs today. I can’t focus my eyes on anything at all
Ya I try to avoid that stuff unless I really really really am having a hard time falling asleep

Reactions: TD Charlie

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
What countries would you say are your top candidates? I spent a little time looking into Ireland and thought it might work.
First step would be a Portuguese passport, then I could work anywhere in the EU.

Pre-Brexit the most logical transition would have been the England then Scotland but now I think Ireland would make the most sense. If there was enough political upheaval in the USA to move it would be traumatic enough for the kids, I cannot imagine them having to go to school in a different language. Though southern European languages are easier to learn than Nordic ones. In the Nordic counties they hate immigrants and would just talk to you in english.

But I am not sure I would be able to handle the weather. Cold rain is the worst, most depressing shit ever. Warm and foggy is one thing but 40-50f and rain just sucks, IMO. Plus being on the same latitude of northern Quebec just means less sun in general.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I just discovered noise cancelation mode on my Airpods when you're not even playing music. I realize I'm super late to the party, but the amount of noise they actually cancel is incredible. I always thought it was just some vague term to overstate their quality. Nope. The very loud air conditioning vent in my office? Non-existent. Wow.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

This documentary is at least a decade old, but, for anyone with an open mind who is interested in a sober analysis of the UFO phenomenon, "Out of the Blue" is a good place to start,

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Had a doctor appointment this afternoon. As we were talking, the subject of dogs came up. She and her husband have 4 dogs but she talked her husband into looking at a Cavalier spaniel (her favorite breed) at a local rescue this past weekend.

They went and did a meet and greet with the dog and three of theirs. It went well, but while they were in the meet and greet room, another family with two little kids walked into the lobby. The spaniel could see the kids through the glass and immediately started pawing at the door to get to them.

The adoption coordinator asked my doctor if she wanted to adopt the dog and she said yes, but that it appeared the dog had already picked out another family.

Sure enough, the family with the two little kids ended up adopting her.

Sad for my doc but those kids and the dog must be thrilled. Not everybody would be willing to let the dog go like that.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Had a doctor appointment this afternoon. As we were talking, the subject of dogs came up. She and her husband have 4 dogs but she talked her husband into looking at a Cavalier spaniel (her favorite breed) at a local rescue this past weekend.

They went and did a meet and greet with the dog and three of theirs. It went well, but while they were in the meet and greet room, another family with two little kids walked into the lobby. The spaniel could see the kids through the glass and immediately started pawing at the door to get to them.

The adoption coordinator asked my doctor if she wanted to adopt the dog and she said yes, but that it appeared the dog had already picked out another family.

Sure enough, the family with the two little kids ended up adopting her.

Sad for my doc but those kids and the dog must be thrilled. Not everybody would be willing to let the dog go like that.

Having adopted many dogs over the years I am a big believer in the dog picks you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad