OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
1) If someone gave you a million dollars to donate, etc., what would you do with it? Which organization would you choose or would you divide it up? Which charities are close to your heart?

Not really sure....Cancer Society would be good, but they have a lot of $, so probably one with less capital

2) You can have one type of salty snack for the rest of your life - what would it be? Chips, pretzels, etc., which brand and flavour?

I originally thought Lays potato chips, but then Fritos popped into my mind.....put them in chilli

3) What do you wish you had done when you were younger, or wish you had not done?

I wish I had known that girls were as afraid of boys as boys are of them....other than that....started saving $,even a hundred bucks a week

4) Have you ever been lost, I mean really lost to the point you were worried?

Of cource it involved a female ot I wouldn't have been there.....got lost in Wash DC at 4 AM. Ended up in an area that reminded me of Sanford and Son...Walked up to 6 guys sitting on tires outside a garage to ask directions....they helped me out.

5) Are you an only child, oldest, youngest, middle? Did you or do you have sibling rivalries?

Youngest of 5 by 9 years (drinking at a Christmas party that happens)
First 4 were 5 years apart

No rivalries, but similar to Wally have a sister that haven't spoken to since my Mom died - and never will again (before anyone says make amends, she violated a very confidential trust and its done)
Oldest sister took Exs side in a divorce and knew nothing....good bye
Sister #3 still talk to, lives in Az....wont see her again and she didn't come back to NY for Moms funeral and I'm not going to Az
Still close to and visit brother

Last edited:

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

I'd love to know who has the putter.

1723909877400.jpeg

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I wish I had stuck with baseball longer. I played but never seriously and once hockey started being available year round, I stopped playing. After watching my daughter play softball, I have a much deeper appreciation for the sport than I did as a kid.
Its never too late to start playing again, Lonnie! Lots a great Men's Senior baseball leagues in NE. I know its tough with kids playing youth sports, but once things slow down, you should definitely consider getting back into it.

I'm in my 3rd year playing now (43+ team and a 53+ team) and its the best thing I've ever done. I love it. Your body will hate you the first year, but once you've pulled all the muscles you've not used in 15yrs, it gets a lot easier. The teams I'm on have the perfect balance of competitiveness and having fun. We definitely want to win, but we also know we are playing a game for fun. We have very low tolerance for dickish behavior.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We have reached peak summer. My watch says it is 96 out and highs today are expected to be at 103 with a heat index of 110.

Judging by the 90 day forecast from AccuWeather, I will be sitting at the pool on my birthday in October and we may actually get to wear sweaters by Thanksgiving.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
New Bedford to a random hotel in Delaware was 7.5 hours ish. A full 2 longer than in should’ve been. The car is LOADED so the kids were short on space. Knowing that, they did quite well and only lost their shit around midnight right near the end.

Today we drove to Lorton, and it was another hour longer than the 2 it should’ve been. Kids are settled in here at the station and a boat load of Panera is on the way via stepmom.

Your captain is very tired, and much prefers solo travel, but I have a great love for the crew so we press on!

Boarding begins in about a half hour. I am giddy with anticipation of being able to make Snowpiercer jokes.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
New Bedford to a random hotel in Delaware was 7.5 hours ish. A full 2 longer than in should’ve been. The car is LOADED so the kids were short on space. Knowing that, they did quite well and only lost their shit around midnight right near the end.

Today we drove to Lorton, and it was another hour longer than the 2 it should’ve been. Kids are settled in here at the station and a boat load of Panera is on the way via stepmom.

Your captain is very tired, and much prefers solo travel, but I have a great love for the crew so we press on!

Boarding begins in about a half hour. I am giddy with anticipation of being able to make Snowpiercer jokes.
Are you guys taking the Auto Train, Charlie?

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Are you guys taking the Auto Train, Charlie?
Yes we are on it now! So far so good. Boarded 90 minutes early, well on our way. Already took a lap with everybody to get the lay of the land. We seem to be seated in the unofficial quiet car but I’m ok with that! Kids are getting hungry but we came prepared.

Adults are fed and happy. After roughly 10.5 hours in a very cramped car the last two days, it feels nice to have just a little more room now.

One of the littles has already fallen asleep, bound to wake up angry and hungry in an hour or so.

We roll along!

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
These little ducks have been showing up around the house in the weirdest places.....we have been ducked by someone! View attachment 901372
I adopted a wee rubber duck like these in the break room at work.

We became great friends.

Alas and alack, either he has departed of his own volition (which I find difficult to believe), or a nefarious co-worker sought to vex me by absconding with the little fellow.

I am heartbroken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad