Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Sens just dummied the Leafs in a home and home

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Reactions: Dan Patrick

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Nick Jensen doesn't fix Ottawa's team D. A lot of Sens fans are banking on Ulmark fixing their team D problem. Maybe Travis Green fixes it, but last years issues were not just the goaltending. Prime Hasek would have struggled on last years Sens.
Last year, the Sens' expected goals against was 2.95, ranking them 12th in the entire league. The notion that the Sens have a defense problem is a myth; their issue was goaltending, which has since been addressed. Consistent wins are unattainable when goaltending fails night after night.

1. FLORIDA
2. BOSTON
3. TORONTO
4. OTTAWA
5. BUFFALO
6. TAMPA
7. DETROIT
8. MONTREAL

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I feel like going from Stamkos and Sergachev to Guentzel and McDonagh is a downgrade. I know some will disagree but it is how I feel.

Combine me feeling they downgraded and almost every other team in the division upgrading and I see them slipping a bit. I still think they take WC2.

I agree that going from Sergachev to McDonough is a downgrade I'm not sure about from Stamkos to Guentzel though at this point.

Having Toronto #1 is also quite bold.

I mean I agree because I like their defense a lot, although I do think it needs 1 more piece.

And Keefe is gone which is great.

But having Toronto #1 is bold even if I agree

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Last year, the Sens' expected goals against was 2.95, ranking them 12th in the entire league. The notion that the Sens have a defense problem is a myth; their issue was goaltending, which has since been addressed. Consistent wins are unattainable when goaltending fails night after night.

1. FLORIDA
2. BOSTON
3. TORONTO
4. OTTAWA
5. BUFFALO
6. TAMPA
7. DETROIT
8. MONTREAL

Tampa in 6th? I thought 5th was crazy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Raise the banners and plan the parade. Ottawa beat the Leafs in pre-season it's over folks! You heard it here first. Ottawa going 82-0 right to the cup lol. Seriously dude get some help your Leaf obsession is pretty sad.
Want some whine with your cheese

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I agree that going from Sergachev to McDonough is a downgrade I'm not sure about from Stamkos to Guentzel though at this point.

Having Toronto #1 is also quite bold.

I mean I agree because I like their defense a lot, although I do think it needs 1 more piece.

And Keefe is gone which is great.

But having Toronto #1 is bold even if I agree
I really like the reworked D and believe Berube is exactly what they need. Florida got a bit worse by losing Montour and OEL. Boston gained Lindholm which is an upgrade at C over last year but still worse than recent history with Bergeron. I just think the top of the Atlantic is there for the taking and a re-energized Toronto with something to prove and a hardass coach has a good shot.

Could also be because I just want to believe a coaching change can completely turn a team around......for some reason.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I really like the reworked D and believe Berube is exactly what they need. Florida got a bit worse by losing Montour and OEL. Boston gained Lindholm which is an upgrade at C over last year but still worse than recent history with Bergeron. I just think the top of the Atlantic is there for the taking and a re-energized Toronto with something to prove and a hardass coach has a good shot.

Could also be because I just want to believe a coaching change can completely turn a team around......for some reason.

As long as they stay relatively healthy I agree

Reactions: Mattilaus

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Guess what.
Poster predicted this is the leafs year.
One day the blind squirrel scenario might come true.

I’ve been a Leafs fan for 24 years now and I don’t get how people can delude themselves like that year after year. Yea, this is the year, sure thing! I am already getting sick of this franchise, I don’t understand how people have held on for 40, 50 years lol. Good for them , i guess, waiving the pom poms blindly like this.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Has the oracle of all oracles (@HockeyVirus) plotted out the demise of the Panthers yet?

Hey dude I thought you went to the big empty arena in the sky :sarcasm:

Nah but sincerely nice to see you back. I think the Panthers are probably a wildcard team who could realistically finish on the outside looking in if things go as I think. My list in in here somewhere.

I’m ready to crown the Sens pre-season cup champions!

They are going to have a hell of a regular season hangover after winning the draft, offseason, and pre-season championships these last several years in a row.

Reactions: Dan Patrick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad