Atlantic Standings Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Nobody said it was the new normal. I said i expect him to do 75 to 80 points next year. If i thought his hot streak was his new normal i would have said something like 95 points (1.2 ppg). And again, if you say that statistics didn't show his improvements, then you need to actually watch him play. He was far better in the 2nd half than he was in the first half. Advanced stats are worthless if you don't couple them with actually watching games.
So If Suzuki was far better.

That means either

A) Caufield got significantly worse
B) Slafkofsky got significantly worse/was a downgrade over the previous linemate
C) Montreals defensive core got significantly worse throughout the course of the year

Or some combination

Because MTLs on ice results with suzuki (again, outside of the change in shooting) were worse after the new year.

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Because he started shooting 22.5%
Which means his linemates, whom as i said got better, made him better pass or opened the ice for him. Are you following the conversation?

So If Suzuki was far better.

That means either

A) Caufield got significantly worse
B) Slafkofsky got significantly worse/was a downgrade over the previous linemate
C) Montreals defensive core got significantly worse throughout the course of the year

Or some combination

Because MTLs on ice results with suzuki (again, outside of the change in shooting) were worse after the new year.
Nice f***ing logic there. Those 3 players literally almost doubled their productions in the 2nd half of the season, but they all got worse. Rofl that guy.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Which means his linemates, who, as i said got better, made him better pass or opened the ice for him. Are you following the conversation?
Except those higher quality chances would show in his other metrics. (here comes the "Analytics are fake when they say something I don't like")

NikolaTesla

Aug 2, 2009
Except those higher quality chances would show in his other metrics. (here comes the "Analytics are fake when they say something I don't like")
Its ok bro you feel free to believe that Suzuki got worse lol. Whatever makes you sleep at night. How many habs games did you watch last year, other than the ones against the devils?

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Its ok bro you feel free to believe that Suzuki got worse lol. Whatever makes you sleep at night. How many habs games did you watch last year, other than the ones against the devils.
Not what I said at all.

I disagreed with the claim that he got "significantly better", when the only thing that improved was his shooting %.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It feels like every year this type of thread turns into Sens/Habs/Wings fans arguing and it always ends up being a battle of mid

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
Toronto
Florida
Boston
Buffalo (WC)
Tampa (WC)
Ottawa
Detroit
Montreal

It's gonna be a bloobath. I think even Montreal is in the mix for a playoff spot. A very solid division overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad