Proposal: Askarov To Montreal For Owen Beck and MTL 2025 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Askarov isn't getting a lottery 1st
Agreed.

And from the Preds side, a lot of Askarov's value is having 3 years of work already done. If it were me, I wouldn't focus on getting any pick, just the best prospect I could get. Plus, the Preds already have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds (2 firsts) already.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Has to be sweet deal for Montreal to be interested in Askarov. Primeau and Miami pick something like that he might do. But future in net for Montreal is likely Fowler

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Habs hard pass. Habs could easily be in a lottery pick situation next season and Askarov isn't worth a lottery pick.
a potential franchise goalie isnt worth the risk of a 1st? why not just top 3 protect it or something.

I seriously doubt Askarov returns a 1st, unless it's a late 1st and It looks like Habs will have 2 pics in the 10 to 15 range.

Goalies rarely get much in trade value anyways.

Also Askarov hasn't shown much at the NHL level yet, so he is a gamble.

I'd do Primeau + a 2nd rounder or Primeau + Heineman not much more than that.

If Nashville fans don't like it then you can get disappointed elsewhere.
gross offer. Id hang up and never answer a call from Montreal again

Reactions: bert

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Not interested even if that first would be swapped for a second instead. Askarov seem to be entitled refusing to report to the AHL when he's shown nothing so far to show he deserves the NHL spot. I'd much rather run Monty until we see if Fowler is the real deal or not and then reassess the position.

Reactions: viceroy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Habs hard pass. Habs could easily be in a lottery pick situation next season and Askarov isn't worth a lottery pick.
Agreed, dont see a scenario where montreal moves the 2025 pick or 2026 for that matter without lottery protection.

Not interested even if that first would be swapped for a second instead. Askarov seem to be entitled refusing to report to the AHL when he's shown nothing so far to show he deserves the NHL spot. I'd much rather run Monty until we see if Fowler is the real deal or not and then reassess the position.
Lol you wouldnt do a 2nd and Beck for Askarov? While the first proposal is obviously a no go this one is more lopsided. You do that in a second.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
so basically u arent willing to pay for Askarov but u will pay next to nothing for him? I bet anyone could just beat that lol

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Agreed.

And from the Preds side, a lot of Askarov's value is having 3 years of work already done. If it were me, I wouldn't focus on getting any pick, just the best prospect I could get. Plus, the Preds already have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds (2 firsts) already.

Hmm seems to me The Preds are trying to win now. They might want a player to help now.

a potential franchise goalie isnt worth the risk of a 1st? why not just top 3 protect it or something.

gross offer. Id hang up and never answer a call from Montreal again

He is probably worth a 1st but not one in the top 10.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Hmm seems to me The Preds are trying to win now. They might want a player to help now.

He is probably worth a 1st but not one in the top 10.
Oh, they’re totally in win now. But in doing so, they’ve eaten up the cap space. They do get back $4 mil if RyJo’s contract terminates, but that wouldn’t be enough

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would pay a mid to late first. I would offer the later of the Habs pick / Florida / Flames pick. I would then trade Primeau to the Nucks for picks to recoup some value.

But the OP's offer is egregious as obviously the Habs would never do that.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It seems to be only me and Nashville fans who think Askarov can (easily) return a 1st round pick.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
People think Askarov’s stock has dropped since being drafted? Yeah, no.

It has stayed stagnant. Such a talented promising goalie, any manager worth their salt should be salivating at this young #1 goalie up for grabs.

Any fan not wanting a prospect like this who already has 4 years of development done is crazy and proves how much they actually know. He’s ready to take the next step.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
People think Askarov’s stock has dropped since being drafted? Yeah, no.

It has stayed stagnant. Such a talented promising goalie, any manager worth their salt should be salivating at this young #1 goalie up for grabs.

Any fan not wanting a prospect like this who already has 4 years of development done is crazy and proves how much they actually know. He’s ready to take the next step.
It's the unfortunate truth about goaltending prospects - they simply don't have the same value as those in other positions.

His stock has not dropped. But even established NHL goaltenders return peanuts in trades.

It's not going to be a great return for Nashville, and Askarov could very realistically be an all star calibre goalie in the future. Honestly, I would not take a goalie in the top-15 unless it was a generational talent. Though, I'm not even sure what a generational goaltending prospect pre-draft would even look like at this point...

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
It's the unfortunate truth about goaltending prospects - they simply don't have the same value as those in other positions.

His stock has not dropped. But even established NHL goaltenders return peanuts in trades.

It's not going to be a great return for Nashville, and Askarov could very realistically be an all star calibre goalie in the future. Honestly, I would not take a goalie in the top-15 unless it was a generational talent. Though, I'm not even sure what a generational goaltending prospect pre-draft would even look like at this point...
Askarov is probably the closest you’re going to get to potential “generational” goaltending prospect to be honest.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I know English isn’t your first language, mind elaborating why you think what I said is funny? Otherwise I’m reporting you for trolling,
I thought maybe you didn't know the acronym lmao. Its basically a suitable response to someone considering Askarov to be a "generational" prospect!!! LMAO

Carey Price at 3OA wasn't considered a generational prospect.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I thought maybe you didn't know the acronym lmao. Its basically a suitable response to someone considering Askarov to be a "generational" prospect!!! LMAO

Carey Price at 3OA wasn't considered a generational prospect.
Habs fan doesn’t know Price went 5th?

And yes he was generational. Just took time.

I didn’t say he was generational, I said he was the closest thing to it. Two different things. He tied as the highest drafted goalie since the aforementioned Price in 2005. Goalies take time.

Reactions: Alienblood

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs fan doesn’t know Price went 5th?

And yes he was generational. Just took time.

I didn’t say he was generational, I said he was the closest thing to it. Two different things. He tied as the highest drafted goalie since the aforementioned Price in 2005. Goalies take time.
Sorry, price was never generational (as a prospect or since) or considered that. Askarov is far from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad