Proposal: Askarov To Montreal For Owen Beck and MTL 2025 1st round pick.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Owen Beck just may be the most overrated prospect in the Canadiens system. He was barely over a point per game in his first season after his DY. You know who had more points than Beck in their 19 y/o season? Here’s some players in the OHL and their point per game in their age 19 season since 2019-20:

Rory Kerins: 1.76
David Goyette: 1.72
Luke Evangelista: 1.79
Ty Voit: 1.57
Dalyn Wakely: 1.58
Amadeus Lombardi: 1.52
Logan Morrison: 1.67
Sasha Pastujov: 1.63
Pavel Gogolev: 1.52
Matvei Petrov: 1.43
Martin Chromiak: 1.43
Akil Thomas: 1.71

Now tell me if one of those players could get you Askarov. Only probably Evangelist could land a player like that. Also using AHL save percentage is stupid because we have seen players that dominate the AHL and struggle in the NHL and vice versa. To add on, we’ve seen Dustin Wolf dominate the AHL and in his 17 games last season he had the 6th worst GSAAV among players with a min of 17 gp.

It also doesn’t make much sense from the Canadiens perspective.
Soooo you're saying we can't use AHL Sv% as a usable stat but PPG stats in the OHL is a-ok?!?!

How about we all stop using hockeydb as a foundation for an argument cool?

Reactions: jfhabs

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Soooo you're saying we can't use AHL Sv% as a usable stat but PPG stats in the OHL is a-ok?!?!

How about we all stop using hockeydb as a foundation for an argument cool?
Well one stat is better at predicting NHL players than the other that’s why I mentioned that. Plus, I know he’s more of a two-way player, but I don’t think that’s enough for Askarov. IMO I think Nash got a better player in Edstrom whose strong suit is his defensive game.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
Vegas 1st + Edstrom is far less than a top 15 1st + Beck... As expected.
inb4 lock

Friedman says he heard that MTL was looking into him.

I suspect that Nashville was asking for Beck + CGY/FLA 1st to be in the discussion with the SJS offer.

I'm glad MTL didn't pay that - the need for a G is not as dire as in SJS.

Best of luck to him, glad we're gonna see him in the big league soon.

Reactions: jfhabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm sure Dobes would be very happy to know he has not a single chance of playing NHL games barring injuries (if they don't call up Hughes/other AHL G instead) for the next 3 years because of Askarov guaranteed spot and Montembeault being there. For sure wouldn't make him hesitate to re-sign with the Habs after this year.

Would for sure also convince Fowler to sign after this year to get the same treatment instead of doing his 4 NCAA years and getting an actual chance of getting money by then.

Or Volokhin to come over to NA before Montembeault is gone instead of getting a multi-year KHL offers.

Let's alienate our 3 top G prospects for a potential slight upgrade on our G pool.

We drafted 4 goalies in 2 years exactly to avoid paying for goalie prospects.

Interesting to see that the value was pretty close to the trade discussed here (Edstrom + Vegas 1st versus Beck + FLA 1st).

Also interesting to hear Elliott Friedman saying Habs were in on Askarov.

Vegas 1st + Edstrom is far less than a top 15 1st + Beck... As expected.
But very similar to Beck + FLA 1st, interestingly enough.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Interesting to see that the value was pretty close to the trade discussed here (Edstrom + Vegas 1st versus Beck + FLA 1st).

Problem is we are not 100% sure it will be FLA 1st.

If Calgary finishes 11th last, pick could be Calgary's.

Reactions: 26Mats

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Tbh Beck is a much better and projectable prospect than edstrom. Also op was suggesting Montreal's pick not the Calgary/Florida trade pick.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I'm happy SJ got him, I wouldn't have paid that price from Montreal (and neither did Hughes probably).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad