Value of: Artturi Lehkonen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I don't know if Lehkonen from Habs is on the trading block. But if he is, what would you offer?

And why? Where does he fit in, how come?

I'm more interested in where he coud fit and why, than in the return, but of course we want picks and prospects and the Habs can't take any more cap dumps.

Who wants Lehkonen? Someone said 30 teams might. Weird. But he's solid.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
no idea why the habs would deal him. Terrific 5 on 5 and on the PK, a Swiss army knife who can play up and down the lineup, he's only 26 and fits into a broader rebuild - and won't cost a whole lot to resign. I assume it's part of that recurring HF line: can be had for an overpayment. I personally wouldn't deal him for a 2nd. He was a 2nd rounder and no guarantee that pic amounts to anything. Imo he's part of the habs rebuild - assuming he's willing to stick around

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
no idea why the habs would deal him. Terrific 5 on 5 and on the PK, a Swiss army knife who can play up and down the lineup, he's only 26 and fits into a broader rebuild - and won't cost a whole lot to resign. I assume it's part of that recurring HF line: can be had for an overpayment. I personally wouldn't deal him for a 2nd. He was a 2nd rounder and no guarantee that pic amounts to anything. Imo he's part of the habs rebuild - assuming he's willing to stick around

cap hell is the reason

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ya at his age and how he plays the i'm happy keeping him than giving him away for a 2nd rd pick. But if the right offer comes in than ?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Maybe he’s too old for rebuild and/or has asked to be moved because he won’t sign there?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
capfriendly has them at the top of the list and they stink

that’s cap hell . Move out bodies and start the rebuild
they just removed 4+ mill and guys like petry and chiarot are soon gone. Weber is not their problem if he retires etc..
habs are not a bottom feeder franchise; they're not moving everyone for sake of trades, hughes said as much today.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Mäkinen who is close friends with his father(works with him) hinted about it in their latest podcast.
That he’ll be moved

Good chance yes but people won't like the price attach to him.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
they just removed 4+ mill and guys like petry and chiarot are soon gone. Weber is not their problem if he retires etc..
habs are not a bottom feeder franchise; they're not moving everyone for sake of trades, hughes said as much today.

many are overpaid so a guy like Lehkonen is an easy sell

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Not happening. Sure you get his LTIR cap space, but not in the off season, this doesn't allow for accrued daily cap space, etc., etc. But regardless, I don't see any reason for Weber to retire, when he can sit it out and make the entirety of his contract.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Its been reported that he's available. I don't think its for an overpayment. The expected cost is anywhere from the Janmark rental price (2nd + 3rd or equivalent) to the Coleman trade price (1st + recent late 1st round pick with limited upside). I suspect the return, if he is traded, will be somewhere in the middle (a late 1st or the equivalent).

They are. The bodies that will move will depend on getting the returns they're looking for.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
biggest mistake this team could do is go scorched earth. we're gonna need a few vets to mentor the kids

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Weber and Pricd on LTIR say hello.

Easy sell of Weber to Arizona considering his salary vs cap hit. And then there's the whole NSH recapture too. Habs have zero cap problems whatsoever

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
so If I offer Lecky for 1/2 price then the offers will drop to a 6th rounder so my demand should start at 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders in 2022. that way real offers should start at a first rounder + 4th rounder. thats the logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad