Value of: Artturi Lehkonen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Should have traded Dvorak before Toffoli. CD never outproduced TT, higher salary, 1 more year on contract. No leadership qualities.
Would not give much for Dvorak. 2nd c on bad team only and not suited for 3rd line duties.

I'll take has never watched Dvorak for 400, Alex.

Dvorak can do 3rd line centre duties. It's probably the best place for him.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Reading the 1st page, I came to the same conclusion as above.

NYR make sense.

Very much in the same mold and role as Goodrow, Hartman and Coleman guys.

Nils is a former 1st round pick from the Gorton era and is currently being blocked from the NHL due to a number of factors.

I think if Montreal is looking for a speedier rebuild, getting ready made NHL prospects are the targets.

Not sure how I feel 1 for 1, I really like Nils, but this Lehkonen kid seems like a perfect fit opposite Panarin and as a PK'er

I wonder who the Habs would prefer between Kravtsov, /Lundkvist ?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Again, Weber is not returning to the active roster for any team, ever again consider him functionally retired picking up a pension ala seabrook, gaborik etc. Prices activation causes no Cap crunch, our Capfriendly page is a gong show because of COVID and injuries so I don't expect you to go deeper but for this year we've played 20+ Games with a roster under $40M so we have no issues on cap compliance. For next year we have this situation

2022-2023
Forward - $34M - 9 Signed 3 RFA's
Defense - $13.3M - 3 Signed - 3 RFA's
Goalie - $3M - 1 Signed - 1 RFA
Price - $10MM
1- buyout - $833k
$61M

Current RFA's ) - $12M
-Lehk ($3M)
- Pitlick ($2MM maybe?)
- Romanov - ($2-3M x 2Year)
- Monty/Pezz/Clague/Schuenemann ($1MM Each)

$73M

This above assumes we don't trade any of these players, - Petry, Gallagher, Armia, Hoffman or Lehk before the start of next season.

I think we can confidently say we don't have a cap crunch as webers LTIR contract actually increases our upper limit on the salary cap

even if they don’t you still want flexibility. Move out Petry, Lehkonen

I’d move Gallagher I just doubt the interest rumoured is real. He has the Ryan Callahan contract . Won’t be good at the end

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We can use a RD but I'd take a flyer on Kravtsov. I have my reasons and going to keep it to myself.

Kravtsov but another Habs fans said Lundkvist. You will get mixed opinions on that from the Habs.

I bet we can have both. Problem solved. My priority is Lundkvist though.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Very unlikely that either Krav or Lundkvist go in deal which does not include bringing back some youth to NYR.
Rumors are fun
Reputed market values get the dialogue starred.
NYR not yet genuine Cup contender, despite productive season so far. They won't be going all in at any cost
They're still building the roster, and with their Cap heavy top guys, ELC and 2nd contract guys are essential.
It will be interesting to watch these ~30 days til TDL

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Lehkonen and Chiarot (50%) retained

for

Ritchie, Dermott, 1st, Voit
Dermott doesn’t move the needle for me at all- will be 26 next season so the ‘potential’ shine is just about gone. We’ve got a bunch of Voit’s in the system already. Ritchie’s a cap dump.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Kravstov for me.

Not an expert, just like big forwards with puck skills.
It’s a trade that just makes sense. Kravtsov would slide into Lehkonens spot or higher at the start of next season and hopefully build chemistry with MtL youth ...
Then factor in Gorton/Bobrov history with krav....

wouldn’t surprise me in the least if krav becomes a 50-60pt top 6 RW, but NYR get Lehkonen and the help they need currently and I bet they try to keep him

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Very unlikely that either Krav or Lundkvist go in deal which does not include bringing back some youth to NYR.
Rumors are fun
Reputed market values get the dialogue starred.
NYR not yet genuine Cup contender, despite productive season so far. They won't be going all in at any cost
They're still building the roster, and with their Cap heavy top guys, ELC and 2nd contract guys are essential.
It will be interesting to watch these ~30 days til TDL

Lehkonen's not exactly an old man. He could very well end up with the Rangers for longer than Kravstov or Lundkvist end up with the Habs.

You might be right in terms of NYR just not being willing to give them up, but Lehkonen is a long term add.

Reactions: Narcissus and Stubu

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Lehkonen and Chiarot (50%) retained

for

Ritchie, Dermott, 1st, Voit
Funnt how you think that Dermott and Voit actually hold value to the Habs...

Voit is what it'd cost TO to trade Ritchie, bkw why the hell would Habs trade Lekh and Chiarot who could both returb 1st rounders for a late 1st, and a terrible dman who wouldn't be in MTL trashy top6 as of now?

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
I would see TB interested in Lehkonen.

They've lost Gourde, Coleman and Goodrow, their entire (very effective) 3rd line for cap purpose.

Lehkonen fits perfectly what Brisebois went for in the last 2 TD: role players built for the playoffs.

TB GM payed 1st rd picks for it.

If there's a team I see doing it for Lehky, it's them.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

They've lost Gourde, Coleman and Goodrow, their entire (very effective) 3rd line for cap purpose.

Lehkonen fits perfectly what Brisebois went for in the last 2 TD: role players built for the playoffs.

He paid 1sts for them because they had term and were on super cheap contracts.
Not to mention they let Goodrow walk for what is likely to be ~ what Lehkonen wants as a FA.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
He paid 1sts for them because they had term and were on super cheap contracts.
Not to mention they let Goodrow walk for what is likely to be ~ what Lehkonen wants as a FA.

Yeah, but the trick here is that TB could deal him again next summer and get back +/- what they paid.

He's no rental, he's RFA.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Again the Habs are now looking for prospects not draft picks.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I’d rather keep Lehky and have MSL work on his skills and confidence. He was drafted as a goal scorer but then has been a grinder by all the Habs coaches since.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Would a Dvorak bring back Chytil ? If that's on track would that make Lehkonen for Lundkvist more acceptable?

Maybe I'm off track with the cap or value to the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad