Value of: Artturi Lehkonen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Weber will not return, Price may still but for sure Weber won’t as even the players have said he’s basically retired. As for Price he’s hinted in his latest PC that he’s still injured and working his way back. The rate he’s going it’s likely fifty fifty he’ll ever play again. Our Capfrienndly is a shit show because of Covid we went into the year with space and we’re trading assets so I think we will be fine
i have no insight in the status of both players, but currently montreal is only cap compliant, because those two currently don't count against the cap. adding over 18m by their activation would obviously lead to a cap crunch.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
i have no insight in the status of both players, but currently montreal is only cap compliant, because those two currently don't count against the cap. adding over 18m by their activation would obviously lead to a cap crunch.
Again, Weber is not returning to the active roster for any team, ever again consider him functionally retired picking up a pension ala seabrook, gaborik etc. Prices activation causes no Cap crunch, our Capfriendly page is a gong show because of COVID and injuries so I don't expect you to go deeper but for this year we've played 20+ Games with a roster under $40M so we have no issues on cap compliance. For next year we have this situation

2022-2023
Forward - $34M - 9 Signed 3 RFA's
Defense - $13.3M - 3 Signed - 3 RFA's
Goalie - $3M - 1 Signed - 1 RFA
Price - $10MM
1- buyout - $833k
$61M

Current RFA's ) - $12M
-Lehk ($3M)
- Pitlick ($2MM maybe?)
- Romanov - ($2-3M x 2Year)
- Monty/Pezz/Clague/Schuenemann ($1MM Each)

$73M

This above assumes we don't trade any of these players, - Petry, Gallagher, Armia, Hoffman or Lehk before the start of next season.

I think we can confidently say we don't have a cap crunch as webers LTIR contract actually increases our upper limit on the salary cap

Reactions: Theodore450

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Again, Weber is not returning to the active roster for any team, ever again consider him functionally retired picking up a pension ala seabrook, gaborik etc. Prices activation causes no Cap crunch, our Capfriendly page is a gong show because of COVID and injuries so I don't expect you to go deeper but for this year we've played 20+ Games with a roster under $40M so we have no issues on cap compliance. For next year we have this situation

2022-2023
Price - $10MM
1- buyout - $833k
$61M

Current RFA's ) - $12M
-Lehk ($3M)
- Pitlick ($2MM maybe?)

$73M

This above assumes we don't trade any of these players, - Petry, Gallagher, Armia, Hoffman or Lehk before the start of next season.

I think we can confidently say we don't have a cap crunch as webers LTIR contract actually increases our upper limit on the salary cap
i was totally talking about next year, when the suzuki extension kicks in.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Kravtsov is the most logical piece to move. Drury isn’t going to hang on to him and let him have his value possibly go down next season.
If they can move him for Lehkonen I think they would take that straight across. Krav is talented but he comes with baggage.
Any team trading for him must have an nhl spot available in their top 9 right away.
They aren’t going to risk sending him to the AHL and having him flee back to Russia for a 3rd time.
Especially if they are trading a known commodity like Lehkonen for him.
He’s a solid consistent 3rd liner ego ups his game in the playoffs.
To a rebuilding team, krav is absolutely worth the gamble. I don’t think any rangers fans, even the ones that don’t like him will say that he can’t step in and play top 9 minutes right now.
But when you factor in his attitude, his unwillingness to play in the AHL ( for even a short period of time) and the fact that he went back to Russia twice, publicly asking to be traded, that baggage lowers his value.
Gorton likely makes that gamble because he drafted him, he has history with krav/Bobrov.
Because of their history, it makes them more likely to make this type of deal.
I think your evaluation of kravtsov trade value is a bit high.
Both he and Lehkonen are likely about the same range in that 2Nd pick+ decent prospect territory.
Gorton likely makes the deal because he knows what kravtsov is capable of if he reaches his ceiling, likely better then all other current GMs.

the habs have picks, gorts imo rather have the guy he took with the 9 OA in the first rd who can step in and play next season opposed to another 2nd rounder+ meh prospect.
If krav makes it past the TDL as ranger property, he’s 100% gone by offseason/draft.

As far as being an add on for a bigger deal for a 2C , it’s possible but with strome currently here, I don’t see that happening until the offseason the earliest.
Drury wouldn’t mind cashing that chip in for a quality 3rd liner that can bump up in the top 6 in case of injury and play a responsible 2-way game going into this years postseason and still be on the team next year as well.
They’ll still have plenty of ammo to make a deal for a 2C replacement for strome in the offseason/draft
You write too much ma guy. Gotta simplify these essays :laugh:

Rangers will need a top 6 RW and a top 6 C. Lehkonen or Montreal dont really fill these needs. Maybe Anderson but thats it. Suzuki or Caufield not gonna get traded.

As for Kravtsov, he is drawing a lot of attention and a lot of teams have done their due dilligence but I dont see Habs being one of them.

I stick to my point that I see Kravtsov, Lundkvist (dont want to trade him) & our 1st round pick will be part of a package to get a top 6 C or RW who will put up points.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
The post you quoted is next year
i see in capfriendly for the 22/23 season:
- 11 forwards signed for 44.455m (i think your calculation is missing drouin and dvorak)
- 3 defensemen signed for 13.25m
- 2 goalies signed for 13.375
- alzner buyout for 0.833

16 contracts for close to 72m. doable but if none of the more expensive contracts is shipped out, montreal will have less than 12m for the rfa's you mentioned.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
They should keep him. Moving him for a 2nd is a waste. Maybe if they get a 1st, but even then. Maybe a good young prospect that is crowded out somewhere that is more NHL ready. That would be a trade to look at

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
capfriendly has them at the top of the list and they stink

that’s cap hell . Move out bodies and start the rebuild

Um, you clearly don't understand the Habs cap situation.

We have an ~8 million dollar player who will never Olay again. So that brings us down to 81 million ish. Then account for the idea we will trade chiarot. Another 3.5 million down to about 78. Then consider we have something like 6-7 players on IR. Their replacements cost let's say 1 million each. Brings us down to 72 million.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
no idea why the habs would deal him. Terrific 5 on 5 and on the PK, a Swiss army knife who can play up and down the lineup, he's only 26 and fits into a broader rebuild - and won't cost a whole lot to resign. I assume it's part of that recurring HF line: can be had for an overpayment. I personally wouldn't deal him for a 2nd. He was a 2nd rounder and no guarantee that pic amounts to anything. Imo he's part of the habs rebuild - assuming he's willing to stick around

I've long wanted Lehkonen on the Penguins for pretty much these exact reasons. But I think it's because of these reasons that the Habs should keep him. I think you're spot on here.

Reactions: Stubu

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Honestly a 1st or comparable prospect seems fair. Elite defencive player that you can use to match up against top lines. He’s an RFA after this season so you can sign him or deal him to recoup assets after the playoff run

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
biggest mistake this team could do is go scorched earth. we're gonna need a few vets to mentor the kids
Those guys can be found in the summer. I expect you'll see lots of vets signing one year deals with the Habs over the next few years. Guys just trying to get one or two more seasons of NHL pay before they retire or just trying to get to the pension threshold, or even guys like say a Galchenyuk (just an example, relax haha) trying to prove they still belong in the league The Habs would not be committing themselves to anything other than having vets to play while the young guys develop.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've long wanted Lehkonen on the Penguins for pretty much these exact reasons. But I think it's because of these reasons that the Habs should keep him. I think you're spot on here.

Because the odds for him signing an extension are low

Gaud

May 11, 2017
2nd and something.

Guy is elite at shooting the puck either wide, or into the goalies chest on grade A chances he gets from working hard in the tough areas.

That said, he is pretty damn good on the forecheck. Works hard. He'll bring enough you won't hate him when he misses golden opportunities.

Fixed it for you :) Imagine the player if he got even 10% of those grade A chances to go in. He seriously has one or 2 a game or more

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Fixed it for you :) Imagine the player if he got even 10% of those grade A chances to go in. He seriously has one or 2 a game or more
Lehkonen specialized on missing the net or hit the goalie squarely on the chest.:laugh:

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013

2022-2023
Price - $10MM
1- buyout - $833k
$61M

Current RFA's ) - $12M
-Lehk ($3M)
- Pitlick ($2MM maybe?)

$73M

I’ve been telling people. Habs are in a good state, they can do a lot with the roster. defence is the priority

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
As prevously stated, per Antti Mäkinen, the Lehkonen camp has made it known to the habs management that he wants a trade. Even though he is a RFA why woud they want to force him to resign a short term contarct if his value is at an alltime high?

Think they have to move him and sell high, plenty of rolemodel leadership for the rebuilding young team with Brendan Gallagher and Nick Suzuki.

Link?
I haven't seen any reports that suggested Lehkonen has asked for a trade.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Should have traded Dvorak before Toffoli. CD never outproduced TT, higher salary, 1 more year on contract. No leadership qualities.
Would not give much for Dvorak. 2nd c on bad team only and not suited for 3rd line duties.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'm hoping for some more views on where he might end up, which teams are likely to be interested in acquiring Lehkonen. Who has the need where he fits?

Already good discussion here on his value and likely return, and whether a trade is coming or not. Let's look at it from the other end and speculate about the potential destinations. (I have no idea myself so I'm looking forward to all opinions.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad