Value of: Artturi Lehkonen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
2nd and something.

Guy is elite at shooting the puck either wide, or into the goalies chest.

That said, he is pretty damn good on the forecheck. Works hard. He'll bring enough you won't hate him when he misses golden opportunities.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
2nd and something.

Guy is elite at shooting the puck either wide, or into the goalies chest.

That said, he is pretty damn good on the forecheck. Works hard. He'll bring enough you won't hate him when he misses golden opportunities.
It's weird cause he scored 18 as a rookie, maybe Pleky took him under his wing and taught him the art of drilling it into the goalies crest, should be a 30 goal guy with the chances he gets

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I think he has the Goodrow, Hartman, Coleman type of value in that a first round pick.

He may not be a sexy pickup but he can play up and down your lineup, great penalty killer, great motor. He is the type of player that all coaches love.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
He'll be tradedto NYR for Nils Lundkvist. This has been my take for a while.

Seems like a prospect struggling, would prefer good picks.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I will guarantee you Lehkonen does not get you Lundkvist.

And Lundkvist is not struggling. He is doing well in Hartford and was a casualty of playing with Nemeth.

He needs time to adapt to N.A and is literally only still in the AHL because Schneider is playing so well just now.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I will guarantee you Lehkonen does not get you Lundkvist.

And Lundkvist is not struggling. He is doing well in Hartford and was a casualty of playing with Nemeth.

He needs time to adapt to N.A and is literally only still in the AHL because Schneider is playing so well just now.

I am a Habs fan and I agree with this. Of course I have been a huge fan of his since before the draft (I thought he should have gone in the 15-20 OA range, maybe was too optimistic but well..) I thought he would have made the jump a bit earlier but still believe he sould be a top 4 in the coming years. If NYR for some reason decided to trade him (stacked on D and preferring Schneider or whatever), I think he'd be part of a larger package for a more important piece. But as a Habs fan I hope the other poster is right and that MTL gets him for that price ;)

Reactions: 5cotland

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I’d do Kravtsov and a 4th for Lehkonen.
Lehkonen helps give NYR some bottom 6 depth for the next 2 playoff runs, maybe more if they don’t have to trade him because of cap issues.
For MTL, I’m sure Gorton and Bobrov both still think highly of Kravtsov. He was their guy at 9OA. He should have been in the nhl this season if he just reported for his conditioning stint in Hartford for 2 weeks or so. But that’s neither here nor there atm.
Habs will likely be able to give him top 9 ice time, and if he hits his ceiling, they come out at winners in the trade adding a cost controlled 1St rd talent, for a good 3rd liner that needs a raise next season.
Plus an extra 4th round pick.

I think this type of deal has a lot of potential. If Lehkonen was signed like Connor brown terms, (1.5 mill for the next 2seasons), I’d say the rangers would even add a little more.
But having just signed Goodrow to a big deal, plus Blais needing a raise, and Rooney next season, the financial side of this trade has to be a factor, it can’t be a video game unrealistic trade.
I highly doubt anyone is trade a 1st for Lehkonen at 2.3 needing a raise next season, but if Gorton gets that more power to him.
I think his value is likely a 2nd+ prospect that has a lower ceiling then krav.
Habs have a lot of draft picks, I think that’s why they’d like to get prospects that can step in and play next season.
Imo this is a realistic fair deal for both teams. NYR gets immediate bottom 6 depth going into the postseason and krav likely starts next season in the habs top 9.
If Krav tops out, it’s a runaway win of a trade for MTL, getting a cheap, big, skilled top 6 asset for a solid 3rd liner with gaining cap room as well.
For NYR, they trade the potentially long term better asset for immediate help, but with how much krav/Drury hate each other, he’s never likely to help the rangers win by playing for them ever again....
I think both sides take the gamble.

TO NYR-Lehkonen

To MTL-Kravtsov + LV 4th rd pick
Flame away....

Last edited:

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
As prevously stated, per Antti Mäkinen, the Lehkonen camp has made it known to the habs management that he wants a trade. Even though he is a RFA why woud they want to force him to resign a short term contarct if his value is at an alltime high?

Think they have to move him and sell high, plenty of rolemodel leadership for the rebuilding young team with Brendan Gallagher and Nick Suzuki.

Reactions: Stubu

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I am a Habs fan and I agree with this. Of course I have been a huge fan of his since before the draft (I thought he should have gone in the 15-20 OA range, maybe was too optimistic but well..) I thought he would have made the jump a bit earlier but still believe he sould be a top 4 in the coming years. If NYR for some reason decided to trade him (stacked on D and preferring Schneider or whatever), I think he'd be part of a larger package for a more important piece. But as a Habs fan I hope the other poster is right and that MTL gets him for that price ;)
I agree, if he is traded, he will be packaged with picks and other assets to try and get a top forward.

The kid is so talented and will be a very good NHL dman when he is ready.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I’d do Kravtsov and a 4th for Lehkonen.
Lehkonen helps give NYR some bottom 6 depth for the next 2 playoff runs, maybe more if they don’t have to trade him because of cap issues.
For MTL, I’m sure Gorton and Bobrov both still think highly of Kravtsov. He was their guy at 9OA. He should have been in the nhl this season if he just reported for his conditioning stint in Hartford for 2 weeks or so. But that’s neither here nor there atm.
Habs will likely be able to give him top 9 ice time, and if he hits his ceiling, they come out at winners in the trade adding a cost controlled 1St rd talent, for a good 3rd liner that needs a raise next season.
Plus an extra 4th round pick.

I think this type of deal has a lot of potential. If Lehkonen was signed like Connor brown terms, (1.5 mill for the next 2seasons), I’d say the rangers would even add a little more.
But having just signed Goodrow to a big deal, plus Blais needing a raise, and Rooney next season, the financial side of this trade has to be a factor, it can’t be a video game unrealistic trade.
I highly doubt anyone is trade a 1st for Lehkonen at 2.3 needing a raise next season, but if Gorton gets that more power to him.
I think his value is likely a 2nd+ prospect that has a lower ceiling then krav.
Habs have a lot of draft picks, I think that’s why they’d like to get prospects that can step in and play next season.
Imo this is a realistic fair deal for both teams. NYR gets immediate bottom 6 depth going into the postseason and krav likely starts next season in the habs top 9.
If Krav tops out, it’s a runaway win of a trade for MTL, getting a cheap, big, skilled top 6 asset for a solid 3rd liner with gaining cap room as well.
For NYR, they trade the potentially long term better asset for immediate help, but with how much krav/Drury hate each other, he’s never likely to help the rangers win by playing for them ever again....
I think both sides take the gamble.

TO NYR-Lehkonen

To MTL-Kravtsov + LV 4th rd pick
Flame away....
The problem we have is that NYR have sooo many bottom six forwards, some are even playing the top 6 due to injuries.

However, Lehkonen will not get you Kravtsov let alone NYR adding a pick. The Rangers wont just give up prospects and picks for depth help, they will package assets to get a decent top 6 player and Lehkonen is not that player.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The problem we have is that NYR have sooo many bottom six forwards, some are even playing the top 6 due to injuries.

However, Lehkonen will not get you Kravtsov let alone NYR adding a pick. The Rangers wont just give up prospects and picks for depth help, they will package assets to get a decent top 6 player and Lehkonen is not that player.

Kravtsov is the most logical piece to move. Drury isn’t going to hang on to him and let him have his value possibly go down next season.
If they can move him for Lehkonen I think they would take that straight across. Krav is talented but he comes with baggage.
Any team trading for him must have an nhl spot available in their top 9 right away.
They aren’t going to risk sending him to the AHL and having him flee back to Russia for a 3rd time.
Especially if they are trading a known commodity like Lehkonen for him.
He’s a solid consistent 3rd liner ego ups his game in the playoffs.
To a rebuilding team, krav is absolutely worth the gamble. I don’t think any rangers fans, even the ones that don’t like him will say that he can’t step in and play top 9 minutes right now.
But when you factor in his attitude, his unwillingness to play in the AHL ( for even a short period of time) and the fact that he went back to Russia twice, publicly asking to be traded, that baggage lowers his value.
Gorton likely makes that gamble because he drafted him, he has history with krav/Bobrov.
Because of their history, it makes them more likely to make this type of deal.
I think your evaluation of kravtsov trade value is a bit high.
Both he and Lehkonen are likely about the same range in that 2Nd pick+ decent prospect territory.
Gorton likely makes the deal because he knows what kravtsov is capable of if he reaches his ceiling, likely better then all other current GMs.

the habs have picks, gorts imo rather have the guy he took with the 9 OA in the first rd who can step in and play next season opposed to another 2nd rounder+ meh prospect.
If krav makes it past the TDL as ranger property, he’s 100% gone by offseason/draft.

As far as being an add on for a bigger deal for a 2C , it’s possible but with strome currently here, I don’t see that happening until the offseason the earliest.
Drury wouldn’t mind cashing that chip in for a quality 3rd liner that can bump up in the top 6 in case of injury and play a responsible 2-way game going into this years postseason and still be on the team next year as well.
They’ll still have plenty of ammo to make a deal for a 2C replacement for strome in the offseason/draft

Last edited:
Reactions: Dutronc

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
they just removed 4+ mill and guys like petry and chiarot are soon gone. Weber is not their problem if he retires etc..
habs are not a bottom feeder franchise; they're not moving everyone for sake of trades, hughes said as much today.
the problem arises, when (or better: if) weber and price both return to the active roster.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Get him a shooting coach for this long summer, it's the only toolset that he needs to work on to finally stabilize a top6 role. I'm somewhat impressed that MTL coaches and gms never did that for him.

The guy is good, a freaking beast on the PK as well and he has no quit.
His value for us might be higher to what other teams will offer unfortunately. I'd keep him unless we get the overpayment that RFA's normally get on the tradeblock.

Reactions: Stubu

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
the problem arises, when (or better: if) weber and price both return to the active roster.
Weber will not return, Price may still but for sure Weber won’t as even the players have said he’s basically retired. As for Price he’s hinted in his latest PC that he’s still injured and working his way back. The rate he’s going it’s likely fifty fifty he’ll ever play again. Our Capfrienndly is a shit show because of Covid we went into the year with space and we’re trading assets so I think we will be fine

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Get him a shooting coach for this long summer, it's the only toolset that he needs to work on to finally stabilize a top6 role. I'm somewhat impressed that MTL coaches and gms never did that for him.
Why? If you know anything about NHL and training, this is not something that teams usually do. I've heard countless accounts from Finnish players who say that they're almost never told what or how to work out, you're expected to know.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He'll be tradedto NYR for Nils Lundkvist. This has been my take for a while.
I think he has the Goodrow, Hartman, Coleman type of value in that a first round pick.

He may not be a sexy pickup but he can play up and down your lineup, great penalty killer, great motor. He is the type of player that all coaches love.

Reading the 1st page, I came to the same conclusion as above.

NYR make sense.

Very much in the same mold and role as Goodrow, Hartman and Coleman guys.

Nils is a former 1st round pick from the Gorton era and is currently being blocked from the NHL due to a number of factors.

I think if Montreal is looking for a speedier rebuild, getting ready made NHL prospects are the targets.

Not sure how I feel 1 for 1, I really like Nils, but this Lehkonen kid seems like a perfect fit opposite Panarin and as a PK'er

Reactions: FedorTyutin

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
you're expected to know.

That's the problem, yeah.
Suzuki went to a skating coach over the summer came back from poor skating abilities to good. Mackinnon straight up went to Crosby to train his possession game and now he's mighty good at it. A lot of players trains together for that reason. Maybe the team should help players or at least offer it when it's blatant. Kotkaniemi had to seek a skating coach too, etc.

Maybe it's not too late for Lehkonen for his shooting skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad