Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
They have 10 goals in 150 mins as a line the line is fine as is. There is no point trying to make it better. This is what the penguins almost always did with crosby and to an extent Malkin. Wherever he plays with top players or like total Randoms the line is always great. The same is true if Panarin. It makes much more sense to insulate the weaker lines with stronger players than to give Panarin help he does not need.

Fast is a run of the mil 4th line guy

Guys like Kunitz and Dupuis could at least bury the puck. If the puck isn’t right in the wheelhouse or has some zip to it, or he has to adjust, Fast isn’t gonna bury it.

There’s been so many plays where Panarin sets him up across the ice and he doesn’t finish. Wish I had the numbers on it. But having only 6 goals in 38 games with the opportunities he’s gotten says it all really.

It’s not a huge issue but if they could bump him down the lineup, it would be ideal.

Reactions: Musto

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
MacKinnon and McDavid are both physical freaks. Panarin doesn't physically dominate but I'd argue he's a better playmaker and just as dynamic/electric. IMO at the moment, he's better in all the nuances in the game.

IMO currently, the only one standing in his way for 'most complete/best overall' is Crosby. I obviously think McDavid develops in that regard, he's still only 22. McDavid is in a league of his own.

If I had to start a team, McDavid and MacKinnon are the only ones in front of him. I dont want to oversell what he's doing but lets also not undersell it. He's been electric every game.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
That one he ripped last night I thought was going to give Sammy a heart attack. He sounded like he choked.

Electric. And doing it with a bunch of kids and Mika, Strome and a checked out Kreids.

Dude is unreal.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He chose to change it. The same way Zuccarello dropped the Aasen and plenty of other players have shortened/Americanized names. I don't really know why you would include the 'h' when it is his decision not to have it. If it was that important to him he would have kept it.
I still call him mza....many people do.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I still call him mza....many people do.

That is a nickname. The same as people call DeAngelo ADA even though he's said he wants to be called Tony.

Jesper decided he wants to be called Fast, not Fasth. Why? I have no idea. It's not like it's some ridiculous name Viktor Fasth played in the league and had his name spelled Fasth on the jersey. For some reason Jesper decided he doesn't want that.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
I'd take McDavid, Drai and Mac over Panarin in a heartbeat.
Not Drai. Replace him with Crosby. McDavid and MacK yea, no doubt. I’d add Eichel as well.

Other than those guys though, I don’t think there’s anyone better at creating offense than Panarin. I think he’s taken a step forward this year and really solidified himself as a superstar.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Not Drai. Replace him with Crosby. McDavid and MacK yea, no doubt. I’d add Eichel as well.

Other than those guys though, I don’t think there’s anyone better at creating offense than Panarin. I think he’s taken a step forward this year and really solidified himself as a superstar.

Really solidified himself as a superstar? Dude's been a superstar ever since he first graced NHL ice.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I feel like I’m watching the 1998-2000 Florida Panthers again, with Panarin playing the role of Bure, Zibanejad playing the role of Kozlov and Kreider playing the role of Whitney, Trouba playing the role of Svehla and TDA playing the role of Hedican. The rest of the team ... who?

In other words: there was Bure ... and there was ... uh ... and there was ... uh ...

Reactions: Rangerfan4life90

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Finally a few of the non believers here are starting to admit Panarin was a steal. Why you wouldn't want him for a team friendly deal and not having to give up anything but money is mind boggling to me.
It's apparent many of the poo pooers never watched him play. I wonder if they were paying attention to how he lit the Rangers up in the past. Wait till this team gets some experience in the next couple years. They are already pretty decent as it is.

That's actually not at all what the argument was about.

, I still have long-term concerns about timing and depth.

Because I'm TRYING to be nicer I will let Edge's paraphrased response be a stand in for the awful things I normally would have said to someone who completely misrepresented the side of the mega debate that I was heavily involved in.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
If he was drafted when he was first eligible (2010), he would be considered the best player from that draft. We can consider him our #1 overall pick from that draft and pretend McIlrath never happened.

Does he break Jagr's single-season record? 54g-123pts

No. But the 05-06 season was a bit of a statistical anomaly due to the new rules. Still, Jagr was an otherworldly presence that season, a kind that I haven't seen ever since.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
If he was drafted when he was first eligible (2010), he would be considered the best player from that draft. We can consider him our #1 overall pick from that draft and pretend McIlrath never happened.

No. But the 05-06 season was a bit of a statistical anomaly due to the new rules. Still, Jagr was an otherworldly presence that season, a kind that I haven't seen ever since.

I still can't consider it like that because if the Rangers had this Panarin during their cup run years, they might have won it at least once, lol

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
I still can't consider it like that because if the Rangers had this Panarin during their cup run years, they might have won it at least once, lol

The good thing about Panarin is I feel like even at age 28 he's a very youthful soul and undamaged body, and he could keep up a type of production worthy of his contract well into his mid-30s.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Kaner had 4 points last night as well. He's not exactly playing with superstars either. Kane and Panarin are very similar. And they are both far better than Draisaitl come on with that. Dude is a rich man's Ryan Strome.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Anyone watch a good number of Blue Jackets games when Panarin was with that organization?

I viewed a fair amount of Hawks games when he was with Chicago and I just can't recall him playing the game at this level... Wondering if his level of play with the Blue Jackets was more similar to his time with the Hawks - or if his game has steadily developed/progressed to this current level across the years... Not so much focused on point totals here but his overall impact out on the ice on a shift by shift, game by game basis...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I feel like I’m watching the 1998-2000 Florida Panthers again, with Panarin playing the role of Bure, Zibanejad playing the role of Kozlov and Kreider playing the role of Whitney, Trouba playing the role of Svehla and TDA playing the role of Hedican. The rest of the team ... who?

In other words: there was Bure ... and there was ... uh ... and there was ... uh ...

The kind of team that would have played equally bad even if the AHL coach were brought up 4 months into the season and the minutes of the 4th line were adjusted from 4 minutes and 30 seconds a game to 4 minutes and 29.5 seconds a game?

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
Kane has the Cat who blows away anyone on Panarin's line.
Kaner had 4 points last night as well. He's not exactly playing with superstars either. Kane and Panarin are very similar. And they are both far better than Draisaitl come on with that. Dude is a rich man's Ryan Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad