OT: Around the NHL: The Countdown to Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Boston Media will be "yeah, the Hamilton trade was bad, but how good was the Lucic one!" They're retaining salary on that too.

I can't believe they traded Hamilton. He looked like a for-sure number 1 sooner than later and they have none of those. Unless Chara somehow lost 5 years of age? Their D is gutted.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I just don't understand trading Hamilton when they cleared space by trading Lucic. Or why they acquired Martin Jones when they could have just picked up someone like Greiss in free agency to back up Rask.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Is it worth trading Lucic and Hamilton to get it though?

They'll be irrelevant for a few years now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Is it worth trading Lucic and Hamilton to get it though?

They'll be irrelevant for a few years now.

They're gonna be irrelevant regardless. They're making the tough choice of moving on from players who aren't going to serve them anymore. It seems silly, but it's an intelligent and proactive approach.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
The Bruins board pretty much lost its mind when all this started going down. They reminded me of us / what we're going to be like if JR goes Full Rossi today. :laugh:

I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I feel like goaltenders are not being given proper valuations from GMs.

Niemi moving for a 7th, Jones as a key piece in a package for Lucic, Dubnyk--who has long been one of the worst players at his position--signing a long term, big money deal based on a single, short hot streak. All of these moves seem very, very wrong to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad