Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Martinez with some Sabres play in front of his own net. Gave it away. Got in front of the net in time to redirect it in.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Tkachuk may have done Eichel a favor hitting him like that. I don't think he's been rocked like that since his surgery.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Ekblad looked awful on that 5th one. Nice play by Eich, but there’s no excuse for not getting a stick in the passing lane. He looks like a guy going through the motions, didn’t engage or make a decision at all there.

What a feed by Wild Bill. Panthers can’t keep up.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
So arguing for the sake of arguing. 'kay. Like I posted, neither method is just good or bad.

I don't think anyone is saying there is no inherent risk in signing any player to a long-term deal, just that justification for why not ought to at least have some level of consistency. Doak's post does point to what might be underlying issues of giving term to mid-line guys in Wennberg or White.

If the discussion is about Hodgson, his back was deemed fine and healed when he signed his extension. That was the injury that he had prior to coming to Buffalo, his mitochondrial thing developed after. Illness/injury will always be an inherent risk. It's picking who to take that risk on that seems more of the crux of the biscuit.
I’m not even part of this argument. I’m just saying you can’t pick and chose which contracts count and which don’t.

Last edited:

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Looks like Eichel could win the cup and lead the playoffs in scoring. Poor McDavid, maybe he should ask for a trade too.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Florida should have gotten a PP after the Eichel hit. Vegas retaliates on a clean hit and the refs ignore that part.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA

It was a clean hit and glad Jack is ok. I was legit worried about his neck but to compare Eichel to Paul Kariya is a stretch...

I do wonder if there is somethin between the Thachuk's and Eichel... Even Brady would go after him quite a bit whenever the Sabres played Ottawa

Last edited:
Reactions: KiwiGriff

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
With Eichel soon to be a cup winner and a probable Conn Smythe winner, Just like with RoR before him....it's never been the players on the roster that was the issue...Nor was it the 4 GMs or 6 coaches we've burned through...

1686021225863.png

Reactions: oldgoalie

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
With Eichel soon to be a cup winner and a probable Conn Smythe winner, Just like with RoR before him....it's never been the players on the roster that was the issue...Nor was it the 4 GMs or 6 coaches we've burned through...

View attachment 715486
I think I can speak for most when I say that we already knew that the Pegula's and there lack of knowledge to run a franchise screwed the Sabre's and most of us just didn't like Eichels attitude... Both things can coexist.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

View attachment 715486
It is 2-0 lol. Eichel was fine here until he didn't want to be here anymore. All those players coexisted and couldn't do shit which would fall on the coaching. Putting this on the Pegula's is just plain lazy.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
It was a clean hit. Tkachuk could have lit him up even worse but you can see he tucks his elbow in before hitting him.

Yes, I want fighting out of the game, but a relatively clean, hard, hit like that..... the league really needs to start handing out instigators like they're candy. Fighting just because your player got hit. So stupid.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012

View attachment 715486
So those players that weren’t the problem, and those GMs that weren’t the problem, and the coaches that weren’t the problem, it was the guy who hired and paid for all those pieces that was the problem? Under your logic terry was a master of his craft and Buffalo just got unlucky they didn’t win, because terry didn’t hire anyone that was the problem

I think if we change terry to thedoak the meme works better

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I can’t help but think that the Eichel we’re seeing now in the playoffs just wouldn’t have existed in Buffalo. Bruce Cassidy has done an excellent job transforming his two-way game, something that wasn’t worked on enough in Buffalo.

Besides that, even if Buffalo did have a “tougher” coach like Cassidy, Eichel had so much power/leverage during his tenure here, he could’ve forced the coach out. Not saying he would’ve, but it certainly did seem like we treated Eichel with kid gloves for the majority of his time here. Say what you will about tanking, but there’s no doubt that bottoming out for two years just to get him (and Reinhart) gave him incredible leverage.

I’m definitely feeling a mix of anger and jealousy towards Vegas/Eichel right now, but the trade may have been the best thing for all parties involved. It definitely isn’t a good look for Buffalo seeing RoR and (likely) Eichel go on to win cups shortly after we trade them though - I’m sure the opposing fanbases would make that trade again 100/100 times knowing it results in a cup for them.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I can’t help but think that the Eichel we’re seeing now in the playoffs just wouldn’t have existed in Buffalo. Bruce Cassidy has done an excellent job transforming his two-way game, something that wasn’t worked on enough in Buffalo.

Besides that, even if Buffalo did have a “tougher” coach like Cassidy, Eichel had so much power/leverage during his tenure here, he could’ve forced the coach out. Not saying he would’ve, but it certainly did seem like we treated Eichel with kid gloves for the majority of his time here. Say what you will about tanking, but there’s no doubt that bottoming out for two years just to get him (and Reinhart) gave him incredible leverage.

I’m definitely feeling a mix of anger and jealousy towards Vegas/Eichel right now, but the trade may have been the best thing for all parties involved. It definitely isn’t a good look for Buffalo seeing RoR and (likely) Eichel go on to win cups shortly after we trade them though - I’m sure the opposing fanbases would make that trade again 100/100 times knowing it results in a cup for them.
I don’t think he’s much different. He’s just surrounded by a much better and more experienced supporting cast. His individual burden to the team’s success is greatly reduced.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I don’t think he’s much different. He’s just surrounded by a much better and more experienced supporting cast. His individual burden to the team’s success is greatly reduced.
His defensive play is much, much improved. Even Wayne Gretzky was praising him between periods.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Eichel was a 2 way beast the year before he was hurt.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
It is 2-0 lol. Eichel was fine here until he didn't want to be here anymore. All those players coexisted and couldn't do shit which would fall on the coaching. Putting this on the Pegula's is just plain lazy.

So those players that weren’t the problem, and those GMs that weren’t the problem, and the coaches that weren’t the problem, it was the guy who hired and paid for all those pieces that was the problem? Under your logic terry was a master of his craft and Buffalo just got unlucky they didn’t win, because terry didn’t hire anyone that was the problem

I think if we change terry to thedoak the meme works better

That's the whole point. The Pegula's were the ones who refused to hire an experienced GM/Team President. It was the Pegula's who went with a string of first time GMs. It was the Pegula's who hired the coaches. They've been the only constant on this shit streak, and players have left here to great success after being absolutely ridiculed by local media/fans for the sin of 'wanting to win'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad