Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

This is going to be a really interesting situation to watch play out.

IMO, if there's an Atlantic Division team to watch here, it's the Canadiens. They've got an extra pick in each of the first 4 rounds in this upcoming draft and have a need for a young goalie of his caliber. The Preds can then turn around and use said pick(s) in deadline deals for a run at the Cup.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Edmonton letting role players go for soft skill again is a choice.

Pod vs. Holloway is probably fairly even. Motivated Pod is probably a more physical player but that is the gamble.

I wonder at the defense - Ceci had caught shit for a long time yet vet RD who is probably a 4/5 and then the upside for Broberg is there. Maybe they try to duct tape and baling twine approach until the deadline - make another Ekholm type of move?

Reactions: HOOats

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Pod vs. Holloway is probably fairly even. Motivated Pod is probably a more physical player but that is the gamble.

I wonder at the defense - Ceci had caught shit for a long time yet vet RD who is probably a 4/5 and then the upside for Broberg is there. Maybe they try to duct tape and baling twine approach until the deadline - make another Ekholm type of move?
I still think Joki is a fit for Edmonton. That D is rough - he could be their third guy behind Ekholm and Bouchard.

At 50% retained, he's $1.55M for only one year. That's about as ideal a player/contract that they could ask for.

If they get to camp and their D looks as thin as it does now, they can have him for the STL 2nd. We can float that 2nd+prospects all the way to the deadline for whatever we're lacking.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

“You know, I think it was reported that I wouldn’t have done this to [former Oilers GM] Kenny Holland — that’s the furthest thing from the truth. Honestly, I’d do it to my mother if she was managing the Oilers.”

:lol:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Now I'm dying to know what the "material breach" was that is costing this guy $8M this year.

:popcorn:

Johansen's agent Kurt Overhardt released a statement responding to the move on Tuesday afternoon. "Ryan Johansen has a severe hockey injury that requires extensive surgery which has been scheduled," it read. "Since being traded to the Philadelphia Flyers, Ryan has worked in good faith with the Club, its medical staff, and authorized third party physicians.

"The Flyers' attempt to terminate Ryan's contract is disappointing. We've been in contact with the NHLPA and will defend Ryan and protect his rights."

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

:lol:
Patrick Berglund be like:
20230418_175650.jpg

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Don't get that trade at all from a Pittsburgh POV. I suppose McGroarty is ready(ish?) now while Yager is going to take another year or two..........but Yager's value should be inherently higher as a center......

Winnipeg has to be dancing that they got a similarly valued prospect for RM.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Not terribly lopsided, but it’s pretty incredible to see Dubas constantly act like he’s just playing an NHL video game.

Had all the leverage and trades a top C prospect for a top LW prospect. Winnipeg gets a redux for free basically, and Malkin/Crosby aren’t getting younger.
I haven't understood many of his moves aside from practically getting Karlsson for free. Feels like he's trying to middle of the road it between collecting picks/younger guys for the future and making the playoffs with the Crosby/Malkin/Letang core

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Wonder if the Sabre's were in on him ?

Would you of traded Kulich or Ostlund for McGroaty for ie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad