Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Mike Grier bailed them out.

The Sharks are the new Yotes this offseason. And this is why offersheets, while chaosy fun, are rare.
That Sportsnet writer was laughably complimentary of Edmonton. As if they unlocked some secret formula that should have us all in awe. In reality, they added two AHLers for an NHL D, 3rd, 4th.

Their team got worse and is now pressed right against the cap with a key player on LTIR as the precarious keystone - congrats on a hell of a summer, Stan and Jeff! I'd hammer their under on points at 108.5.

Seems like Savoie has an excellent shot at an NHL spot on his ELC now. Surely the Oilers After Dark posting here will be measured when he's riding shotgun with 97 or 29...

Last edited:
Reactions: SundherDome

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Likely.

Adams taking on a bad contract for a mid pick here or there (or helping retain on salary in some trades) would have greased the wheels a bit.

Its a small enough "club" of GMs that you want to be the easy to work with guy, not the "squeeze you for every dime your worth" guy
You can still be easy to work with and also not get abused when a team needs to use you.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Adams taking on a bad contract for a mid pick here or there (or helping retain on salary in some trades) would have greased the wheels a bit.

Its a small enough "club" of GMs that you want to be the easy to work with guy, not the "squeeze you for every dime your worth" guy
I think you are overvaluing that given that Adams has gotten deals done with close to half the league at this point.

Update:

Since being named GM, Adams has made 26 trades with 18 different teams:

TeamTrades
Florida
3​
Colorado
2​
SJ
2​
Philadelphia
2​
Anaheim
2​
Minnesota
2​
Chicago
2​
Washington
1​
Montreal
1​
Columbus
1​
Nashville
1​
LAK
1​
Vancouver
1​
Dallas
1​
Vegas
1​
NYI
1​
NJ
1​
Boston
1​
Total
26​

Last edited:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I think you are overvaluing that given that Adams has gotten deals done with close to half the league at this point.

Update:

TeamTrades
Florida
3​
Colorado
2​
SJ
2​
Philadelphia
2​
Anaheim
2​
Minnesota
2​
Chicago
2​
Washington
1​
Montreal
1​
Columbus
1​
Nashville
1​
LAK
1​
Vancouver
1​
Dallas
1​
Vegas
1​
NYI
1​
NJ
1​
Boston
1​
Total
26​
Don't let your facts interfere with someone's agenda

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

Update:

TeamTrades
Florida
3​
Colorado
2​
SJ
2​
Philadelphia
2​
Anaheim
2​
Minnesota
2​
Chicago
2​
Washington
1​
Montreal
1​
Columbus
1​
Nashville
1​
LAK
1​
Vancouver
1​
Dallas
1​
Vegas
1​
NYI
1​
NJ
1​
Boston
1​
Total
26​

Forgot Edmonton (McLeod).

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Happy for Laine, hopefully he received the help he needed and continues to get the support in MTL. It is a risky deal for MTL for sure but expectations are not high for them, so it works out.

Reactions: Chainshot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I have a real bad feeling this will not be the popular sentiment come April.
Not saying it will be appropriate justification but like skinner, there's a "fit" component that means it will be hard to make a definitive postmortem.

Even if he puts up 30 goals there will be people here arguing that he either wouldn't have under ruff, or that his play style is lacking and his productivity would have been undermined by a less cohesive team due to mixed messages regarding work ethic. Again, without the season playing out idk if there will be truth to it, but you know people will try to justify it that way

and I guess the funny part is it probably has more to do with how this team does. If we make the playoffs and laine scores 35 people will say he wasn't a fit. If we miss, he scores 25 and Zucker scores 15 people probably wish we had him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad