Around the NHL: Part XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Would you consider Puljujaarvi + 1st for Buch

Me personally? No.

Buch, warts and all, is about a 50 point winger. With Edmonton, he probably gets a significant boost.

JP, to me, is a reclamation project at this point, and the first is going to be in the 20s. To me that feels like trading Buch for a lot of question marks, and only a moderate chance of success.

If I'm moving Buch, I'd prefer someone who can step right into the NHL, or someone who is a little further out, but has a chance to be a quality player.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If the Oilers wind up having to shop Nurse due to cap reasons, he'd be a really interesting off-season target. Especially if it piggy-backed on the Skjei/Nylander move we've been kicking around. Give him a long-term deal and suddenly the top-pairing is checked off the list and there's far less pressure to get Miller to the NHL quickly. Just like Trouba on the right side, Nurse lets the guys fall into place behind him.

Buch and Georgie would probably get them listening. Tough for the Oil to give up Nurse before Jones steps up, but they'd be solving two other major problems for them in goal and depth scoring.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Would you consider Puljujaarvi + 1st for Buch
This is like 110 cents on the dollar for Buch, problem is each asset is worth 55 cents and neither one is likely to be an NHL regular for another 3 years. I'd say no as well.

Reactions: Cassano

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
A couple of good games on tap for tonight that should be of interest.

Philes visit Boston...go Bruins.
Stars visit the Lightning...go Stars

And what should be the best game of the night and the one I'm looking forward to watching the most...the Canes play the Avalanche in Colorado. Alot of elite talent on display in that one...should be a doozy!! Go 'Lanche!!

Reactions: egelband

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Sucks to be in the metro right now. Legit 5 teams better than us especially with the Flyers emerging as a much better team this year. The two wild card spots most likely gonna be taken by metro teams

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Sucks to be in the metro right now. Legit 5 teams better than us especially with the Flyers emerging as a much better team this year. The two wild card spots most likely gonna be taken by metro teams

Yeah your right tho let's be honest, it was never going to be a playoff year for us anyways unless all the planets aligned so I for one am pretty darn OK with how the season is going for us.

We are competitive, our kids are getting alot of playing time and having moments where we see how good they will be and some moments where you can see they still have a ways to go. And thru it all, we still are on the periphery of a bubble spot and my hope is that come March, we still have important games to play which would be fantastic for our young players to get the experience of playing in intense stressful pivotal games.

If we can do this, this season will have been a massive success. Next year I'll stress out if we are not a playoff team...this year tho, it's gravy!

Reactions: bl02

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yeah your right tho let's be honest, it was never going to be a playoff year for us anyways unless all the planets aligned so I for one am pretty darn OK with how the season is going for us.

We are competitive, our kids are getting alot of playing time and having moments where we see how good they will be and some moments where you can see they still have a ways to go. And thru it all, we still are on the periphery of a bubble spot and my hope is that come March, we still have important games to play which would be fantastic for our young players to get the experience of playing in intense stressful pivotal games.

If we can do this, this season will have been a massive success. Next year I'll stress out if we are not a playoff team...this year tho, it's gravy!

I don't want to miss the playoffs and be a mid 1st round pick like 14th overall. I say another top 5 pick for NYR can't hurt.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
A top 10 pick is fine for this team, especially if we can net another 1st for Kreider. There are going to be teams that need to restock their system that finish lower and there will be an opportunity to move up in the draft.

I'm expecting Gorton to be very aggressive at the draft trying to move up. The depth of our system is at a point where we can move assets to move up and get a really good player if we don't luck into a lottery pick.

Reactions: Musto

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I don't want to miss the playoffs and be a mid 1st round pick like 14th overall. I say another top 5 pick for NYR can't hurt.

Well as BI02 said just and I completely agree, it's going to be a major bitch to get a playoff spot considering how good the Metro is. If we concede the Caps,Islanders and Canes as the top 3 seeds in the Metro and than let's say for arguments sake we give the Bruins,Panthers and Lightning the 3 spots in the Atlantic that means we would be fighting it out with the Flyers, Leafs,Penguins,Canadians, Sabres and Blue Jackets for 2 WC spots.

So as much as you want us to make the playoffs, if you look at the teams we'd need to beat out for those 2 WC spots, I dunno man but it's a very daunting task and very unlikely to occur. I can't see us beating out the Penguins who will be getting Sid back soon. The Flyers look real good as per norm for first year AV coached teams.

So we'll just have to live with not making the playoffs most likely but the kids getting valuable experience playing in hopefully important March games and we'll do what we need to do at the draft with whatever pick we end up with.

Hopefully Kreider will garner us a #1 pick as well tho I'm not 100% confident of that occurring. We'll be just fine even with no playoffs as team is headed in the right direction for sure.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Some great endings tonight in Colorado where Canes score 3 straight goals very late to beat Avs 3-1

Canadians come back and beat Flames in OT 4-3 as Domi wins it with a howitzer past Riddich

And Coyotes and Minny are in a wild one...7-5 wild with about 8 minutes left as there has been 6 goals in the 3rd period.

Needless to say seeing I have Kuemper who has been awesome all year on both my $ teams, these 7 goals he's given up is going to leave a shit stain on my teams GAA and Save%...lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Ugggg...forget the shitstain from Kuemper. It looks like Kuemper suffered a bad injury as he couldn't get up after an innocuous shot.....shit!!.

Figures, best goalie in the league gets hurt on his worst game of the year.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Holy crap, Duclair has 20 goals.

Pretty amazing...eh? Looks like he's finally putting it together and it couldn't happen to a better guy....happy for him.

Thing about it is, he's only 24 and so maybe this is when he starts to reach the potential we all saw when he was here.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Pretty amazing...eh? Looks like he's finally putting it together and it couldn't happen to a better guy....happy for him.

Thing about it is, he's only 24 and so maybe this is when he starts to reach the potential we all saw when he was here.

Yup. Stoked for him.

Reactions: Maximus

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Amazing 5 of the top 8 teams in the league points percentage wise are out of the Metro. That’s ridiculous.

Going to be next to impossible to get a playoff spot this year with that kind of pace. The metro is literally dominating the rest of the league.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Another top-10 pick is exactly what this team needs this season, so it's not the worst thing in the world. There's still plenty of positives to take away from this season (up to this point) that look favorably on us for the future. So while we our record may suck, we're still looking at a season where 1) ADA is establishing himself as a top offensive dman in the league, 2) Fox is looking like a two-way stud that is super efficient in how he plays the game, 3) Chytil is looking like a horse that can break out to be a 2C for the future, and 4) Shesty is dominating Hartford and will force himself into the NHL some time in 2020.

This is excluding other factors like Panarin being an absolute dynamo on offense, Trouba stepping into a top-pairing role on RD and actually giving us a good option there, and Georgiev having unreal numbers. I still see this season as a big step forward for building a team that can contend over the next decade. The only team I'm worried about in our division for the future is CAR.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Surprisingly we’ve only played 8 games against the metro thus far and 2 of them were against NJ 2 vs Carolina. 2 vs Washington

we’re actually 6-2 in the metro and the only 2 losses were in October. 6-0 since.

we’ve got a lot of games left in the division.

20 games left in the division.

we haven’t played philly or the islanders yet. Kind of weird. 3 left with Pitt too. So a lot of 4 point games coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad