Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050
Brendan Shanahan says Kadri being held out the next two games. Suggests there's been an ongoing issue.

Shanahan says there have been other incidents beside Kadri being late the other day. Says they don't want to sweep issue under the rug

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Shanahan says this is a key moment in Kadri's career... he needs to look at the mirror and decide where he wants career to go

Shanahan said there have been some incidents with Kadri. Essential message today is that Kadri needs to grow up.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I actually don't mind the Kings, but I'd be really happy if they missed the playoffs.

Don't know how any Hawks fan could say they may rather see St. Louis win the SC.

+1. I imagine the Hawks players feel the same way about the Blues and Kings. They really seem to respect both the talent and the way the Kings play, conversely I think they really hate the Blues. I seriously doubt that something like "wakey wakey Backes" would happen with someone like Kopitar.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Brendan Shanahan says Kadri being held out the next two games. Suggests there's been an ongoing issue.

Shanahan says there have been other incidents beside Kadri being late the other day. Says they don't want to sweep issue under the rug

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Shanahan says this is a key moment in Kadri's career... he needs to look at the mirror and decide where he wants career to go

Shanahan said there have been some incidents with Kadri. Essential message today is that Kadri needs to grow up.

Obviously, he wants out, and who can blame him.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
We sure could, but he understandably didn't want to be here.

No he did not. Stings seeing him do well from a Hawks fan perspective but I'm happy he's doing well. He bet on himself and succeeded.

His brother's put together a nice season, too. 17 goals, 12 assists in 57 games.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
No he did not. Stings seeing him do well from a Hawks fan perspective but I'm happy he's doing well. He bet on himself and succeeded.

His brother's put together a nice season, too. 17 goals, 12 assists in 57 games.

He did the opposite of bet on himself. If he bet on himself he would have had faith that he could crack the Hawks lineup, instead he took the easy way out getting courted and promised NHL spots around the league,

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He did the opposite of bet on himself. If he bet on himself he would have had faith that he could crack the Hawks lineup, instead he took the easy way out getting courted and promised NHL spots around the league,

I don't see it that way. He bet that there'd be a market for himself and a way to better his situation in numerous ways and that he'd be able to take advantage of it. And he has.

If he goes somewhere else with a better situation and still winds up in the AHL, he looks a bit more like an ass. But he took advantage and proved he belongs in the NHL. That was a gamble. The less risky move is to just sign with the team that drafted you. But in reality, that could have actually been riskier for his NHL career, because who knows what kind of opportunity he would have had here or if he would've flourished the same way. We'll never know.

Bottom line is, it's looking like an excellent decision on his part, and all the power to him. Just wish he was doing that in Chicago.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Absolutely. It's fantastic watching a kid take his future into his own hands and make it count like this. So many players would have just taken the safe path and stuck with the organization that drafted them, but Hayes was obviously smarter than that and new better, fairer opportunities lay elsewhere.

He's going to be a player for a long time.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him hoist the cup this post-season.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I actually don't mind the Kings, but I'd be really happy if they missed the playoffs.

Don't know how any Hawks fan could say they may rather see St. Louis win the SC.

I strongly dislike a number of players on each team and don't want to see either team win the Cup. I hate the Blues more than the Kings, but if the Blues won there would be a small, small silver lining that a new fanbase gets to celebrate a win, whereas if the Kings win it would be a huge fairweather market winning their 3rd Cup.

I still may root for the Kings in this case, but I won't be happy either way. If the WCF was Blues/Kings, alcohol would be my solution.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'd rather see the Kings win than the Blues, if only because it's been so long since we've had a team that could be considered a legit dynasty in hockey.

I wasn't born for the NYI dynasty, and I was too young to appreciate the significance of the Oilers dynasty. It would be cool to see a dynasty, given how rare they are.

3 cups in 4 years would absolutely solidify the Kings as the undisputed class of the league.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'd rather see the Kings win than the Blues, if only because it's been so long since we've had a team that could be considered a legit dynasty in hockey.

I wasn't born for the NYI dynasty, and I was too young to appreciate the significance of the Oilers dynasty. It would be cool to see a dynasty, given how rare they are.

3 cups in 4 years would absolutely solidify the Kings as the undisputed class of the league.

You should really be a Kings fan. You love them and are rooting for them. Go be a part of a dynasty, man.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I could care less about the Blues' fanbase getting to finally celebrate a SC. I hope they never get that chance. **** the Blues

I'd take an LA win over them every time, no matter how many SC LA has. I'd root for Detroit over them as well.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
You should really be a Kings fan. You love them and are rooting for them. Go be a part of a dynasty, man.

Yeah, cause that's how being a fan works. You just jump on board whatever team happens to be best.

I love the Blackhawks. I don't blindly defend everything they do, like some *cough*, but they're still my team.

I said I would root for the Kings over St Louis, which is very different than rooting for them over the Blackhawks.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I find the LA phenomenon amazing. Everyone lawds them as this example franchise that brings players up at the right time, plays the right way, etc. Their team isn't in the playoffs. People say "yea well they're resting up for the playoffs, taking it easy". Have these people seen the number of minutes Doughty is logging? He's playing more than anyone else in the NHL. EVEN RYAN SUTER. He ain't resting.

They have a ripened Jordan Weal at PPG in the AHL that Sutter refuses to bring up. Quick has been garbage.

Why are they the model franchise? The Hawks "problems" pale in comparison to what's going on with them. Not to mention all the picks and prospects they've given up to get Gaborik and Sekera and their 2D getting kicked out of the league for spousal abuse. What a model franchise.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I find the LA phenomenon amazing. Everyone lawds them as this example franchise that brings players up at the right time, plays the right way, etc. Their team isn't in the playoffs. People say "yea well they're resting up for the playoffs, taking it easy". Have these people seen the number of minutes Doughty is logging? He's playing more than anyone else in the NHL. EVEN RYAN SUTER. He ain't resting.

They have a ripened Jordan Weal at PPG in the AHL that Sutter refuses to bring up. Quick has been garbage.

Why are they the model franchise? The Hawks "problems" pale in comparison to what's going on with them. Not to mention all the picks and prospects they've given up to get Gaborik and Sekera and their 2D getting kicked out of the league for spousal abuse. What a model franchise.

Grass is always greener bro. Some people just love to complain about the Hawks.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Hayes situation worked out in Kevin's favor. Of course not signing with Hawks didn't work out in Billy Sweatt's favor (Also refused Leafs to become UFA)

So taking the risk doesn't always end up in reward

Either way I am not blaming Bowman or Q for Kevin's refusal to join Hawks and work for roster spot. He wanted something handed to him and got his way

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The Hayes situation worked out in Kevin's favor. Of course not signing with Hawks didn't work out in Billy Sweatt's favor (Also refused Leafs to become UFA)

Either way I am not blaming Bowman or Q for Kevin's refusal to join Hawks and work for roster spot. He wanted something handed to him and got his way

He didn't get anything handed to him. He played well in training camp, earned a spot on the Rangers roster, and stuck on the team through the season, and has put together a decent year. You make it sound like he put in no effort, when this obviously isn't the case.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Nothing was handed to him.

He still had to make an NHL roster.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Bill Sweatt never was close the player Hayes is

Even if he was, that's the point. It's a gamble, and a gamble that's completely within that player's rights to take should they chose to.

As for wanting to just be handed something, give me a break. Such an old, tired narrative that needs to be put to bed.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Even if he was, that's the point. It's a gamble, and a gamble that's completely within that player's rights to take should they chose to.

As for wanting to just be handed something, give me a break. Such an old, tired narrative that needs to be put to bed.

It certainly is within their rights. I would counter that perhaps the rules need some adjusting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad