Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Or just not being good enough which was the actual reason they didn't make it on the Hawks. But there's no convincing you that the HOF winningest coach in the NHL with multiple cups is good at his job so...

I'm not saying they were all superstars, but you're willfully blind if you don't see that Q's treatment of players varies wildly. Some get a long leash, others are stapled to the bench for mistakes that others get repeated passes for.

Why would any player sign up for that, rather than go to a place where he can be punished and rewarded for his performance based on standards that are consistent across the bench?

Q's bench runs on favoritism, rather than merit.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'm not saying they were all superstars, but you're willfully blind if you don't see that Q's treatment of players varies wildly. Some get a long leash, others are stapled to the bench for mistakes that others get repeated passes for.

Why would any player sign up for that, rather than go to a place where he can be punished and rewarded for his performance based on standards that are consistent across the bench?

Because Q wins. If you play the right way Q plays you. All this ****ing guy does is win. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Babcock played Cleary into the ground and he was worse than any old player the Hawks have iced in the last 5 years. Therrien refused to play youngsters. AV got fired for never doing what Q does and he plays Tanner Glass.

Whatever Q wants give it to the guy. He's a ****ing living legend who WINS. If some piss ant kid wants to go elsewhere because Q is too tough. Let him go.

Have some perspective.

Last edited:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Toews/Vermette/Richards/Kruger gives the Hawks a way better chance to win the Stanley Cup than any lineup you can concoct with Hayes in it. 37% on FO and isn't even outscoring Richards.

I am not even disagreeing with you that Richards is better than Hayes. I just would rather have Hayes and still be able to afford Leddy, than get Richards but have to give up Leddy as we did. But we are comparing apples and oranges at this point when you bring in Vermette into it when Hawks can only afford the forward lineup you note because of the cap relief from Kane being out, and obviously neither of us would prefer any kind of line up that doesn't have Kane in it.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

Q's bench runs on favoritism, rather than merit.

The world is an unjust place. Not just the world on Q's bench. Not sure why you are trying so hard to fit the Hayes saga to fit your axe to grind against Q so much tonight, but whatever floats your boat.

In the meantime, LOL Blues collapse. This is gonna be a 3-point game though. :(

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah I know.

The worst is that I'm bizarrely fond of them...after they beat the Hawks last year, I didn't mind them winning the cup. :shakehead

I respect the hell out of the Kings. Intelligent, progressive organization, great scouting, strong coaching, and the relentless discipline with which they adhere to their possession game is impressive to watch.

I didn't mind seeing them win the cup, it just irked me that the Blackhawks organization kind of handed over a potential dynasty due to off-season complacency and mind-numbing roster management.

I don't know where they got the idea that standing still while everybody else was actively trying to improve was a sound strategy. The best stay the best by constantly trying to improve. That goes for every sport.

I really wanted that repeat... but if the Blackhawks aren't the team that's going to be remembered as the superpower of the 2010s, then I don't mind the Kings being that team instead.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I respect the hell out of the Kings. Intelligent, progressive organization, great scouting, strong coaching, and the relentless discipline with which they adhere to their possession game is impressive to watch.

I didn't mind seeing them win the cup, it just irked me that the Blackhawks organization kind of handed over a potential dynasty due to off-season complacency and mind-numbing roster management.

I don't know where they got the idea that standing still while everybody else was actively trying to improve was a sound strategy. The best stay the best by constantly trying to improve. That goes for every sport.

I really wanted that repeat... but if the Blackhawks aren't the team that's going to be remembered as the superpower of the 2010s, then I don't mind the Kings being that team instead.

handed over a potential dynasty due to off-season complacency??? they lost in game 7 overtime. They had a 50 50 chance to win against the other best team in the league. Ill take that every single year. Just nonsense.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm hoping that the Kings don't win again, as I'm not a fan of seeing not-Hawks teams find repeated success, but if you told me right now that the WCF would be Kings vs Blues and/or the SCF would be Kings vs Wings....?

Whelp... looks like I'd be rooting for the Kings.... unless that hypothetical SCF matchup was only reached by the Kings beating us in the WCF, at which point I would just drink heavily.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I really, really don't like the Kings, and it's not even because of beating the Hawks last year. They have multiple players who piss me off to no end, so they're probably in my bottom (or top?) 3 of least favorite teams in the league.

If you asked me if I'd rather see my least favorite team (Blues) win their 1st Cup or my 2nd/3rd least favorite team with their 3rd Cup in 4 years, I really don't know what I'd pick.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I actually don't mind the Kings, but I'd be really happy if they missed the playoffs.

Don't know how any Hawks fan could say they may rather see St. Louis win the SC.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I would love to see the Kings finally miss the Playoffs. Hopefully they waited just a few too many games to turn it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad