Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
If Bennet injures one of the top dogs it would suck but the chaos online would be glorious

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Difference is I think some of the top players on Edmonton wouldn't skate off with their tails between their legs.

Well no shit. McDavid is the best player in the league and Draisaitl is arguably the best post season performer of all time.

I can see the latter having a huge series. Bobrovsky is ripe to get sniped and he’s good at doing that.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Well no shit. McDavid is the best player in the league and Draisaitl is arguably the best post season performer of all time.

I can see the latter having a huge series. Bobrovsky is ripe to get sniped and he’s good at doing that.
I think you misunderstood my response to the post.
I know they will respond on the scoreboard but also they wont cower into the corner like Mika and CK did (the embarrassment of the empty net goal in which Bennett ran over Mika and Bennett getting in Kreiders grill at the end of period 1 the other day and CK doing absolutely nothing).

Oh I was also told last year that Draisaitl wasn't very good on here. lol
Not sure if some people actually watch games besides the NYR

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Gun to my head, I'd go with Florida in 7 by the skin of their teeth. I think the major difference could be in net. How will Stuart Skinner fare in the finals against a formidable Panthers team?
Pretty much this. If the horseshoe that crawled up Skinner's ass in Game 6 against Dallas stays there, Edmonton could win. If Skinner reverts back to the norm, they're cooked.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Panthers in 5. Some people are pumping up Edmonton way too much. They were horrible last night and were dominated by Dallas. Florida has had 1 bad game in the playoffs and that was early against Boston. They beat some pretty good goalies along the way. They are not fearing Stuart Skinner. This won't be close.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
People are sleeping on Edmonton’s defense. They allow as many scoring chances per game as the Rangers did per period. I don’t know how they are managing that but they are.

Florida is not that good. I will maintain that. I was less impressed by their play than I was by the Rangers poor play. Our defense was atrocious and Florida doesn’t really have any true game breaking offensive players. Barkov is an absolute 200 ft. stud but he’s not a tier one offensive player.

This series is going to be closer than everyone thinks imo.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
People are sleeping on Edmonton’s defense. They allow as many scoring chances per game as the Rangers did per period. I don’t know how they are managing that but they are.

Florida is not that good. I will maintain that. I was less impressed by their play than I was by the Rangers poor play. Our defense was atrocious and Florida doesn’t really have any true game breaking offensive players. Barkov is an absolute 200 ft. stud but he’s not a tier one offensive player.

This series is going to be closer than everyone thinks imo.
I strongly disagree, I wouldn’t be surprised if Florida sweeps them nor would I be surprised if we would’ve swept them

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

But all things being equal, it very much sounds as though the most likely outcome at this stage is Guentzel going to the July 1 market while at the same time keeping Carolina as an option.

On Marner:

That also means I don’t think there’s an appetite to talk extension come July 1. The preference from the Marner camp is to start the season and see how things go. Perhaps there are talks on an extension eventually, but I don’t believe there’s a strong desire to get into them this summer.

Speaking of the Leafs, there’s been no conversation between them and John Tavares’ camp, led by agent Pat Brisson. But either way, should the Leafs ever ask, Tavares — a 2025 UFA with a full no-move clause — doesn’t want to waive to go anywhere.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I was very impressed with Edmonton’s play vs Dallas. Edmonton was one of the top xGF% teams in the league. They’re doing something right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad