Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_0433.jpeg

No sympathy

None

He’s a brilliant player but the NHLs/Bettman 24/7 media circle-jerk over this guy is fugging nauseating. Even hours after the win my news feed has more McD in it than FLA.

Of course, if he signed for us I’d change the sheet music but until then he can eat a bag of ‘em.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Congratulations to Tuomo Ruutu. Another winner the NYR let go. Shrewd pickup by Zito.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Dont see why anyone here would root for Edmonton. I've been raised to root for the team that beats you (but really depends on WHO it is) Florida winning in my head means that we're the 2nd best in the league, because we would have beaten them as well .
Had Edm. won, we would have been 3rd best.
Another bridesmaid year.
Good on the Panthers and their fans, they deserve/earned it
Despise Oilers, they've won enough with amazing players throughout the years. Now, they get to have McDavid. Maybe he'll entertain coming to NY?

Reactions: Row I Goon

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Panthers crowd was the most pathetic home arena celebration I've ever seen. Those fairweather lame ass Miami Heat bandwagoner fans barely even looked excited, and half the arena was empty by the time they brought the cup out. Disgusting.
The people who could afford the seats aren't hockey die hards. Just the way it is.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Correct, but he shouldnt have gotten Conn Smythe. Bettman special. It shouldnt go to a guy on the losing team who didnt have a point in Games 6 or 7. Just one man's opinion.

Idk if anyone else noticed but ESPN was telegraphing this for days. I needed 2 hands to count how many times Ray and Sean had to remind viewers it was the MVP "for the entire playoffs". We get it guys.
Dude just broke Wayne f’in Gretzky’s playoff record. Absolutely deserved Smythe

Reactions: Jack Hanson

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Dude just broke Wayne f’in Gretzky’s playoff record. Absolutely deserved Smythe

Messier didnt think so. I agreed with his take. it shouldnt go to a player on the losing team regardless. He also didnt break Gretzky's record, he's 4th all time, passing Gretz in 93 with the Kings. He didnt win the Conn Smythe as a loser that that time. I think it was wrong to put McDavid in that spot during the worst moment of his career, and I respect him for staying in the locker room with his squad. Had Bettman's fingerprints all over it.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Panthers crowd was the most pathetic home arena celebration I've ever seen. Those fairweather lame ass Miami Heat bandwagoner fans barely even looked excited, and half the arena was empty by the time they brought the cup out. Disgusting.
Florida has shitty sports fans to begin with, and I’d bet most of the people in the arena are snowbirds who only picked up Florida as a 2nd team.

Happy for the true Panthers fans who’ve suffered and stayed loyal from the beginning, as few of them as there are

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Messier didnt think so. I agreed with his take. it shouldnt go to a player on the losing team regardless. He also didnt break Gretzky's record, he's 4th all time, passing Gretz in 93 with the Kings. He didnt win the Conn Smythe as a loser that that time. I think it was wrong to put McDavid in that spot during the worst moment of his career, and I respect him for staying in the locker room with his squad. Had Bettman's fingerprints all over it.
Pretty certain he broke Gretzky’s assist record.

Reactions: McRanger92

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Florida has shitty sports fans to begin with, and I’d bet most of the people in the arena are snowbirds who only picked up Florida as a 2nd team.

Happy for the true Panthers fans who’ve suffered and stayed loyal from the beginning, as few of them as there are
I have been surprised at how many young female fans Florida had. I think its good for USA hockey that Florida and Texas have strong presences.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Sunbelt and non-traditional hockey teams are FOR THE OWNERS and a lesser extent for the players. . Those franchises are not for the fans, no one cares about anything in Florida except for BEING in Florida and letting around you know you live there.

Business friendly, no income tax, weather, cronyism, golf - no one should be surprised when the celebration is subdued. Hockey is a tool to get those things.

Reactions: McRanger92

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Nah it's Miami.

Shit's going to be lit.

On the one hand I was just being a little bit salty and on the other a bit sarcastic towards our Florida friends. I've only ever been as far south as Daytona and couldn't wait to leave. I guess I'm not like most 60 some year olds. Personally though when I think of places I'd like to go Miami isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad