Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
People have that complaint about MSG but honestly the building might collapse if the Rangers won the Cup on home ice
Different energy. It's a cold weather thing.

On the one hand I was just being a little bit salty and on the other a bit sarcastic towards our Florida friends. I've only ever been as far south as Daytona and couldn't wait to leave. I guess I'm not like most 60 some year olds. Personally though when I think of places I'd like to go Miami isn't one of them.
A large part of the city wakes up at noon. Not exaggerating.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Leon was clearly injured the last 2 rounds.

It was painful watching him try to do anything in the finals. He’s a guy who already isn’t really fast and he couldn’t push off and generate any power at all.
had the puck with space to work but couldn't cut inside

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Correct, but he shouldnt have gotten Conn Smythe. Bettman special. It shouldnt go to a guy on the losing team who didnt have a point in Games 6 or 7. Just one man's opinion.

Idk if anyone else noticed but ESPN was telegraphing this for days. I needed 2 hands to count how many times Ray and Sean had to remind viewers it was the MVP "for the entire playoffs". We get it guys.
In one respect, it is indeed a MVP award for the playoffs as a whole and the 10K view is McDavid had a great playoffs and nobody on FLA stood out statistically enough.

In another, McDavid is considered by many as the most talented offensive player of all time and on the short list of best players ever in the league. He's the captain of the team and he had a SC staring him in the face and he just had a weird game seven. Not FLA shutting him down, more like him fumbling the puck all over the ice, making bad passes, being indecisive, etc. For whatever reason, subjectively, it didn't look good even with the data looking great. He has to produce at least one goal there.

I would be more with it if EDM lost 4-3 in game 7 because of Skinner screwing the pooch and McD being in on all three goals or similar.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I will also admit to being wrong about that one. I thought firing Brunette was harsh, after he did such a good job with the team under difficult circumstances (Q being let go mid-season). Also thought that Maurice was just another retread, and if they wanted to replace Brunette then at least try something different than Maurice who had never got it done. Well, two cup finals and a cup after that.

Reactions: McRanger92

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Panthers crowd was the most pathetic home arena celebration I've ever seen. Those fairweather lame ass Miami Heat bandwagoner fans barely even looked excited, and half the arena was empty by the time they brought the cup out. Disgusting.
Saw the SAME THINGS.

2 minutes after the final horn I saw fans just standing around like it was a foregone conclusion. Literally no one jumping up and down. No one hugging? No high fives? Falling down in the aisles in relief? Drenching ones self in beer? No complete and utter elation of winning your franchise's 1st f***ING STANLEY CUP ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

Pathetic

No matter who wins, its a tradition for me to watch the celebration. Having played at a pretty high level theres always that .001% of me that wishes if things had broken just right, who knows - in some other distant universe. Regardless, I found myself happy for all of the players and coaching staff, even if they are an enemy team - because in the end its a truly special moment for all of them and their families. The amount of work, the YEARS of training and preparation. It all culminates into that Mt. Everest moment, as it truly is the most difficult trophy to win. Its about all of that work and sacrifice and knowing you are the one and only team left standing. Its something to really marvel at. If you are a die hard fan and its your team? Its emotions you dont even know exist until the moment arrives.

You wouldve thought it was a WWF belt ceremony by the actions of the crowd last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad