Around The NHL: Part VIII - Tampa/NYR = 0 Playoff Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Just feel that 2020 pick would be huge for Dallas and don’t think Nill is gonna sacrifice it after not even advancing a round with this current team. Best bet is to get the stars to wcf and force Nills hand to sign zucc (especially if zucc continues on this scoring pace) . One round and out is not gonna be a large enough sample size

Honestly, Stars fans are already on board to re-sign Zucc. Check out our 1st round pick history and you'll understand why, lol.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Honestly, Stars fans are already on board to re-sign Zucc. Check out our 1st round pick history and you'll understand why, lol.
Ok fair enough. Glad to get a feel from a Stars fan. I was gonna ask it on your board tonight but didn’t feel it was appropriate time with big game 4 going on. I have no doubt the stars and their fans will love him. In the end only one guy will decide and that’s the guy who drafted the best rookie in hockey ;)

effen

Feb 3, 2018
the 2nd/3rd is already a sunk cost.

the cost to sign zucc is in effect moving down 30 spots which kind of doesn't matter at the end of the day when you're a win now team.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
the 2nd/3rd is already a sunk cost.

the cost to sign zucc is in effect moving down 30 spots which kind of doesn't matter at the end of the day when you're a win now team.
Actually wouldn’t it be more like moving down 60 spots? It would be a 2020 first rather than a third rounder

Reactions: Buchnevich89

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
He’s the best player they’ve played with since... I don’t know when. Makes sense. Dallas is horrendous at drafting, they very well may sign zucc at the expense of a late first
Late first? I hope they go all the way this year but if Dallas loses in the first round this year why would one expect them to go deep into the playoffs next year ?

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
All the Lightning had to do to win that series and the cup was find out what Danny Briere was up to and hit him with a 1 year $5.5 contract for one last miracle run.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Late first? I hope they go all the way this year but if Dallas loses in the first round this year why would one expect them to go deep into the playoffs next year ?
Late in that they’re a playoff team and winning a round or two isn’t out of the question. What’s going to be so different next year with them? Benn, Seguin, Klingberg still there, Heiskanen probabaly even better than he was this year.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
lFGb2ra.jpg

Currently in stealth mode... the demands from management start at the conclusion of the Stars' postseason...

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Late in that they’re a playoff team and winning a round or two isn’t out of the question. What’s going to be so different next year with them? Benn, Seguin, Klingberg still there, Heiskanen probabaly even better than he was this year.
Is that pick lottery protected if zucc resigns ? Dallas could be one of those teams next year that wins a round or two ...or misses the playoffs

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Is that pick lottery protected if zucc resigns ? Dallas could be one of those teams next year that wins a round or two ...or misses the playoffs

Cap Friendly showed top 3 protection on the WPG pick, nothing for either Dallas pick so I'm guessing no

Reactions: bl02

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The good thing is that it seems like it's mostly on Dallas. Zucc is a loyal guy that seems to get acclimated to cities and teammates. I think if Dallas wants him back and doesn't come with an embarrassing offer he'll sign. Does anyone know their salary cap situation?

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
The good thing is that it seems like it's mostly on Dallas. Zucc is a loyal guy that seems to get acclimated to cities and teammates. I think if Dallas wants him back and doesn't come with an embarrassing offer he'll sign. Does anyone know their salary cap situation?

Spezza's 7.5 comes off the books

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don’t think so. Another reason why I’m skeptical that their GM had no intention of signing Zucc when he traded for him, and just wanted him for a lower price.

Reactions: bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad