Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Florida hanging on like

1719284014202.png

Reactions: joshjull

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Alright Kyle…now tell everyone who will listen that if you pay the price and come to Buffalo…amazing things will happen. Eventually

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
My favorite thing about Florida winning today is listening to all the Canadian media convince themselves Canada was definitely breaking the drought tonight.

My second favorite is that both lottery losses we had during the tank got their names on the cup in back to back years. And yet some people will still tell you that the tank was the problem and not everything that came after it where no one in ten years has bothered to build a full NHL team around their top players.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Wild that ROR, then Eichel, now 5 more Sabres with Reinhart scoring the GWG. Just crazy that all these former Sabres leave and
Very happy for Okposo. Can't understand feeling any other way.

Sammy with the Cup winner. Erod clutch. Kulivov playing big minutes. Montour helping them get there. What could have been.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Love watching the winning, feel bad for McDavid.

It's so cool watching the excitement build and what it to means to the individuals.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Very happy for Okposo. Can't understand feeling any other way.

Sammy with the Cup winner. Erod clutch. Kulivov playing big minutes. Montour helping them get there. What could have been.
THIS!

I may never see the Sabres win the Cup but this Florida team with so many ex-Sabres on it ALMOST brought a tear to my eye.

Plus the Lorentz kid! (My wife's maiden name is Lorentz... from Lancaster.)

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Not thrilled Ullmark went to Ottawa.
Me neither, Ottawa just got a whole lot better and Ullmark is a wall against us.

The cards cant be more stacked against us. Florida are now defending Stanley Cup champions, the old ass Lightning as better than us, the Leafs have had more success than us, Montreal will probably come out of the rebuild sooner than us. Ottawa now has the Sabres killer in net.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
My favorite thing about Florida winning today is listening to all the Canadian media convince themselves Canada was definitely breaking the drought tonight.

My second favorite is that both lottery losses we had during the tank got their names on the cup in back to back years. And yet some people will still tell you that the tank was the problem and not everything that came after it where no one in ten years has bothered to build a full NHL team around their top players.
It is a little messed up that warm weather places have won the cups a lot recently ( Vegas, Florida, Tampa…) - these are all tax-free warm places at the players like but the majority of the fans and diehards are living up north where the cup has hardly come. Just a very weird dichotomy…

Reactions: HOOats

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
It is a little messed up that warm weather places have won the cups a lot recently ( Vegas, Florida, Tampa…) - these are all tax-free warm places at the players like but the majority of the fans and diehards are living up north where the cup has hardly come. Just a very weird dichotomy…
Not much other teams can do about the weather but they can lobby to become tax-free.

Reactions: Dingo44

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY

As always, the two players were never the problem with the tank, it was what they did to the roster to make sure they could be the worst team in the league for 730 consecutive days

Doing that on purpose is beyond Pejorative Slured, they had the best net offseason a team could ever put together in the real world in 2015 and it made them an 81 point team, and their depth has literally never stopped lagging the rest of the NHL

It makes everything else ten times more difficult and important to nail exactly right

By now, of course, competence would have us competing, but the tank was never going to be a smooth trajectory to winning. At least Toronto's tank team was damn near a positive possession team, they were building a foundation of real hockey while losing for exactly 82 games, the Sabres purposefully put on a 30% every stat clinic every night and traded away anyone that might impede on that effort

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Me neither, Ottawa just got a whole lot better and Ullmark is a wall against us.

The cards cant be more stacked against us. Florida are now defending Stanley Cup champions, the old ass Lightning as better than us, the Leafs have had more success than us, Montreal will probably come out of the rebuild sooner than us. Ottawa now has the Sabres killer in net.
Very cool. Can't wait to check in with you in June 2025 when you pop your head back out of the bunker.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the development of our envy-of-the-league u25 core under our new HOF coach who bleeds blue and gold (like me and many others here).

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad