Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not much other teams can do about the weather but they can lobby to become tax-free.

They can also hire good people in positions other than just GM or coach, can stay out of the way of their scouting staff both pro and amateur, and take care of their players. All of those things are things those warm weather places have done.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Very cool. Can't wait to check in with you in June 2025 when you pop your head back out of the bunker.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the development of our envy-of-the-league u25 core under our new HOF coach who bleeds blue and gold (like me and many others here).
The same core that when in this year thinking they earned something because they just missed the playoffs last year only to eliminate themselves by the All-Star weekend? We kept blaming Donny for not having them ready when in fact they themselves weren't ready and didn't take the league seriously.

I don't think there is any envy, players and other teams don't fear the Sabres, they gave them respect by playing hard against them at the start of the season and the u25 core and veterans couldn't hold up til they got to the back half and got the backups. It also helps UPL found his game and stole quite a few games.

The only thing Ruff can bring to these degenerates is bag skating the hell out of them and making practice gruelling, its embarrassing when Mitts leaves the team and tells Colorado reporters this is the hardest hes ever worked.

So much wrong with this team and management over the years. I applaud you for still believing in this team especially thinking Ruff is the difference between placing bottom 12 this year and a June Stanley Cup appearance next year.

Hey, it could happen.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
They can also hire good people in positions other than just GM or coach, can stay out of the way of their scouting staff both pro and amateur, and take care of their players. All of those things are things those warm weather places have done.
Yea but that doesn't benefit the general populace :naughty:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
such a great shot.. wrong sweater though..

Attachments

• GQ47-mpWEAE661B.jpg
    GQ47-mpWEAE661B.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Club

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
As always, the two players were never the problem with the tank, it was what they did to the roster to make sure they could be the worst team in the league for 730 consecutive days

Doing that on purpose is beyond Pejorative Slured, they had the best net offseason a team could ever put together in the real world in 2015 and it made them an 81 point team, and their depth has literally never stopped lagging the rest of the NHL

It makes everything else ten times more difficult and important to nail exactly right

By now, of course, competence would have us competing, but the tank was never going to be a smooth trajectory to winning. At least Toronto's tank team was damn near a positive possession team, they were building a foundation of real hockey while losing for exactly 82 games, the Sabres purposefully put on a 30% every stat clinic every night and traded away anyone that might impede on that effort
Murray annihilating their depth and then also treating Rochester as a complete afterthought at a time when they had a shitload of prospects coming through the system was something

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I saw a tweet today that I felt in my soul. If we had won the 2015 lottery McDavid would have a cup. Because we would have traded him to a good team by now.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
On 32 thoughts podcast Friedman said he was told that people have the Ullmark story a little wrong. He said he doesn’t have it confirmed but was told Ottawa wasn’t on his no trade list. He didn’t put them on because they had just paid for a goalie and he thought they wouldn’t try to get him. Said the deal was done before July 1 because he probably would have put them on his new list for the new year. He’s prepared to play out the year and bet on himself. Obviously that can change with time and the right numbers. It just takes a phone call. But Ullmark might have overthought it and been left with no choice.

Reactions: Dingo44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad