Around the NHL - (Off-season edition)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So nice to read this. They worked and built everything up for years. I see some similarities in what Pat is doing as well – but also some differences, e.g. with attention to recoveries (from what we've heard about Cronin, it is not their focus, sadly). But the Cats had hard learnings there as well so we'll see. I think we have a lot of fundamentals in place

Reactions: Ducks DVM

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Isles have waived Pierre Engvall, just one year into his seven year deal (3M AAV). It was a pretty bizarre contract at the time but it almost seems just as crazy to write it off already.
His numbers don’t look completely awful at first glance, I wonder if there’s some sort of behind the scenes locker room thing going on there

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
His numbers don’t look completely awful at first glance, I wonder if there’s some sort of behind the scenes locker room thing going on there

He just ends up falling into a bit of a tweener category. Hasn't shown to be more than a lower end top 9 producer offensively and isn't the ideal 4th liner at 3M nor if you are looking for grit and physicality out of that checking line.

He's a bigger body and fast, able to PK and just decent all around but the lack of grit really holds him back from being any sort of standout. He's NHL caliber but was just such a bizarrely mediocre choice to give a nearly max commitment. One year later they've found a cheap free agent (Tsyplakov) who has played him out of a top 9 spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad