HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
What about putting in a claim for Jeffrey Viel? He’s a very solid AHL player that will score between 15-20 goals there, while providing lots of toughness and physicality for the young Habs in Laval.

Could also be called up for games that require more physicality in the lineup, and would not look out of place on the fourth line.

Added bonus would be that you take him away from the Bruins organization.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
What about putting in a claim for Jeffrey Viel? He’s a very solid AHL player that will score between 15-20 goals there, while providing lots of toughness and physicality for the young Habs in Laval.

Could also be called up for games that require more physicality in the lineup, and would not look out of place on the fourth line.

Added bonus would be that you take him away from the Bruins organization.
Claiming a guy on waivers only to waive him straight away is frown upon at best.

(Though if you're saying that you'd have him in Montreal before inevitably moving him down, fair enough))

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Claiming a guy on waivers only to waive him straight away is frown upon at best.

(Though if you're saying that you'd have him in Montreal before inevitably moving him down, fair enough))
My thoughts behind it are:

Viel is a solid AHL player, and should score between 15-20 goals in that league, while providing toughness/protection for the younger players there.

Could he play in the NHL? Possibly, he may even be effective in a limited fourth line role.

But Boston and Montreal aren’t going to be trading partners, so I figured he’d have to be claimed, played for a bit and eventually waived/sent down to Laval. And with the season opener coming up, and a high potential for fireworks against the Leafs, Bruins and Senators? Wouldn’t hurt to have some more muscle in the ranks.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
My thoughts behind it are:

Viel is a solid AHL player, and should score between 15-20 goals in that league, while providing toughness/protection for the younger players there.

Could he play in the NHL? Possibly, he may even be effective in a limited fourth line role.

But Boston and Montreal aren’t going to be trading partners, so I figured he’d have to be claimed, played for a bit and eventually waived/sent down to Laval. And with the season opener coming up, and a high potential for fireworks against the Leafs, Bruins and Senators? Wouldn’t hurt to have some more muscle in the ranks.

That makes sense. I thought you wanted to claim him only to stash him down right away

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
lots of interesting names, liked aston-reese when played for the leafs.. seems to be an ideal bottom 6. doubt there's room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad