OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I love Sid as much as anyone but McDavid right now is what Sid could have been or was approaching had he not been seriously concussed at age 23. Tough era for Crosby - tight checking, head shots, Michelin man goalies.

At this point it's obvious McDavid will slot higher all time than Crosby. That said given a chance to draft either at 18 I think I still take Crosby. You don't know which way the league is going to go, and I think Sid's probably the better player in a tight checking league.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
What a time for old playoff Bob to resurface. Things are getting interesting now. That goal from the extreme angle was like Gretzky era goaltending :(

32 points from Bouchard, a defenseman, is insane in the membrane. That passes Sid's career high in the playoffs.
I think I've seen some 2023-2024 Pens goalies let in the same goal, but yeah, that softie ended up being a killer.

On a related note, I kind of like the fact that they're dragging the SCF into next season. Makes for a less boring summer.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think I've seen some 2023-2024 Pens goalies let in the same goal, but yeah, that softie ended up being a killer.

On a related note, I kind of like the fact that they're dragging the SCF into next season. Makes for a less boring summer.
Agreed. Maybe some impatient people want to see the Cup awarded asap but history will remember a longer series more fondly.
These teams are too close to each other in level for a sweep or 5-gamer to do it justice.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
I love Sid as much as anyone but McDavid right now is what Sid could have been or was approaching had he not been seriously concussed at age 23. Tough era for Crosby - tight checking, head shots, Michelin man goalies.

At this point it's obvious McDavid will slot higher all time than Crosby. That said given a chance to draft either at 18 I think I still take Crosby. You don't know which way the league is going to go, and I think Sid's probably the better player in a tight checking league.
Apples and Oranges. Crosby is 10 years older, from a different generation. McDavid is the beset of this current gen, but Crosby has already accomplished what McDavid wants to do.

However, if the Oilers stun the world and win the next 2 games, then McJesus becomes just that - Christ on skates.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
:laugh: AI art is such ratf***ed trash.

AI image generation is freaky, I'm seeing a lot of AI generated people that have like six to eight fingers and way too many teeth. Hot take: it's demonic

That game reminded me of game five of the 2016 Cup Finals.. Sharks/Oilers jumped all over Pens/Panthers then the Pens/Panthers woke up but couldn’t complete the comeback.

Think the Panthers get it done in game six. Skinner is due for a stinker.

I had the same thought as far as comparing this to the 2016 finals. At this point I think the home team will lose the cup on their home ice, either Florida wins it in game 6 or Edmonton will win it in game 7. Bob is getting worse while Skinner is getting better. McDavid will be awarded the Conn Smythe no matter what at this point.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Honestly, if Florida's going to lay an egg two games in a row (both terrible starts) when they have a chance at a Cup, then maybe they deserve to choke this away in epic fashion.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I remembered mentioning a few years ago that I thought McDavid could surpass the 47 points needs to beat Gretzky's record:

I could see him possibly challenging the post-season record for points in a single post-season one of these years.

The record is only 47 points, because the '85 Oilers were so good that they only needed 18 games to win the Cup. That likely won't be a problem for the current Oilers if they ever make a run :laugh:. Malkin managed 36 points once, Kucherov has had 34. I think it's very possible McDavid could blow those totals out of the water some day.

He needs 6 more points, it's seems doable.

Reactions: Ignatius and Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
AI image generation is freaky, I'm seeing a lot of AI generated people that have like six to eight fingers and way too many teeth. Hot take: it's demonic

Look Mum no hands!

1718822589159.jpeg

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Wow. Blake bolstered the goaltending and unloaded an anchor 7-year deal in one swoop. A+
Of course, he's the one who got them into that mess in the first place though.

He made the best out of a bad situation that he got himself into, kind of gives me Scuderi vibes. At least he was able to offload the problem child for something that will likely be of greater usage. Didn't Washington want to offload bird boy because he was problematic? They get rid of him but pick up PLD, make it make sense please.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Capitals finally look to get out of the Backstrom/Kuznetsov (even Oshie can slot in here) horrific deals just to turn around and make sure another one is on their books.

$8.5 million for 7 years is a bunch of money for a center who averages around 50-55 points a season.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
He made the best out of a bad situation that he got himself into, kind of gives me Scuderi vibes. At least he was able to offload the problem child for something that will likely be of greater usage. Didn't Washington want to offload bird boy because he was problematic? They get rid of him but pick up PLD, make it make sense please.
I guess their logic is they wanna re-tool on the fly and want a Center.
It's not gonna work though. He's not worth 8.5M and he's not a 1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad