OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hope other GMs are laughing at the Pens letting ERod walk because of Sullivan…blows his load over one dumb mistake that Letang and Malkin make 5 times a game lol
I always liked ERod.

However, the Pens aren't the only team to let him go.

He is good, but replaceable. So, good at the right price.

Letting him go is certainly not the reason why the Pens missed the playoffs.

Blame Sully for some things. Not this.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I always liked ERod.

However, the Pens aren't the only team to let him go.

He is good, but replaceable. So, good at the right price.

Letting him go is certainly not the reason why the Pens missed the playoffs.

Blame Sully for some things. Not this.
Oh yeah, I blame Sullivan for other things too..and I do blame him for inserting himself in personnel decisions and sucking at it…just like I blame him for wanting to play two defensive bottom six lines lol

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I thought ERod's agent tried to push the envelope to get a huge deal, annoyed teams pulled their offers, and he immediately fired the agent for f***ing things up. :laugh:

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
Hold your horses with the all time lists with McDavid. I'm sure everyone on this forum predicted Sid losing 2.5 years of his prime due to "hockey plays". Stuff, good and bad, can happen unexpectedly, way too early to predict anything.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Hold your horses with the all time lists with McDavid. I'm sure everyone on this forum predicted Sid losing 2.5 years of his prime due to "hockey plays". Stuff, good and bad, can happen unexpectedly, way too early to predict anything.
Yup.

I remember years ago, Crosby was in top five PPG all time. During a dead puck era. And everyone said, "yeah but ...."

Yeah but wait until his career is over. No way he ends his career anywhere near the top ten of all time.

With him at the tail end of his career he remains #8:

That longevity and consistency is something that few players, even players above him on that list who played in eras where scoring was much higher, could maintain.

I doubt McDavid is another of the few exceptions. But he has a chance. My money would be on Sid to be higher on that list when both careers are over though.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Am I crazy or is there virtually no difference except reversing the white black border.

So, basically no difference unless you squint and know to search?

Well those are unrelated questions 😝

Wasn’t this their logo? 👇

1718906370191.png

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm really not looking forward to the insufferable discussion that will inevitably occur if the Oilers come back and take this.

The tongue bath they get will be ridiculous.
Best team in nhl history
Best player in history
Best coach in history
Best dman in history
Drai is much better then Crosby

Etcetcetc

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Drai is much better then Crosby

Etcetcetc
I like this one. I mean why not? I haven’t really read much discourse on the main board or anything nationally but it seems like McDavid has already well transcended Crosby so while he’s getting praised above Lemieux, that’ll leave his second hand to be praised above Sid.

The other selfish thing as a Pens fan is that I’d rather not see another non-original 6 team pass us in cups. We let the euphoria settle off our last cup and since then it’s like Crosby got surpassed, another team went back to back, and now we may get passed in cups too.

3 cups, 4 SCF appearances and 5 ECF appearances is great for this core but it goes to show greedy we can be, still left wondering if we could’ve had even more had we not reverted into total potato mode in the playoffs from 2010-2015.

Ignatius

Connor McCaitlin Clark
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Since we were talking about AI recently I wanted to mention that I saw something that led me to strongly believe that AI heavily favors the Edmonton Oilers to win the Cup. My interpretation is that AI thinks that Florida is inefficient and neanderthal-like.

Personally I'm getting 2009 vibes and I think whoever wins game six wins the Cup. Florida obviously but I do believe that if they lose tonight they will not win game 7.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
I like this one. I mean why not? I haven’t really read much discourse on the main board or anything nationally but it seems like McDavid has already well transcended Crosby so while he’s getting praised above Lemieux, that’ll leave his second hand to be praised above Sid.

The other selfish thing as a Pens fan is that I’d rather not see another non-original 6 team pass us in cups. We let the euphoria settle off our last cup and since then it’s like Crosby got surpassed, another team went back to back, and now we may get passed in cups too.

3 cups, 4 SCF appearances and 5 ECF appearances is great for this core but it goes to show greedy we can be, still left wondering if we could’ve had even more had we not reverted into total potato mode in the playoffs from 2010-2015.
Obviously you can’t call this era of Penguins hockey anything less than a huge success. Crosby and Malkin have accomplished everything we thought they would and more.

But it does feel like we should have won one more Cup. It doesn’t bother me because again, they won three, it’s really hard to even win one, etc but man, winning four Cups would’ve put them in a truly special class.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Obviously you can’t call this era of Penguins hockey anything less than a huge success. Crosby and Malkin have accomplished everything we thought they would and more.

But it does feel like we should have won one more Cup. It doesn’t bother me because again, they won three, it’s really hard to even win one, etc but man, winning four Cups would’ve put them in a truly special class.
After losing in 08 I thought we would never win again. It felts like the mid 90s when we had Mario, Jagr, Francis, and still couldn’t win.

3 Cups is amazing. I just wish it wasn’t over. 😢

Reactions: td_ice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad