OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I still believe that Florida wins because they simply are a better team.

But the chances are around 60/40 now.

Oilers are at home. And if they win, then it is a coin flip game in game 7. Home ice means little in a game 7 winner takes all game.

Reactions: Andy99 and Turin

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Oilers are at home. And if they win, then it is a coin flip game in game 7. Home ice means little in a game 7 winner takes all game.
I originally picked Florida in 6 so I’m happy with it and sticking to it. But if they lose tonight oh boy.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Run of play edge in this series:
G1 - Oilers (goalied)
G2 - Panthers
G3 - Oilers (fairly close, but still)
G4 - Oilers
G5 - Panthers

I don't see this clear superiority from the Panthers that people talk about, especially if the goaltending is even or Skinner is outplaying Bob.

It's not supported by regular season stats either.
Since Knoblauch took over:

1719001683096.png

Cats much better defensively but much worse offensively. Better at PK but worse at PP.

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
Yup.

I remember years ago, Crosby was in top five PPG all time. During a dead puck era. And everyone said, "yeah but ...."

Yeah but wait until his career is over. No way he ends his career anywhere near the top ten of all time.

With him at the tail end of his career he remains #8:

That longevity and consistency is something that few players, even players above him on that list who played in eras where scoring was much higher, could maintain.

I doubt McDavid is another of the few exceptions. But he has a chance. My money would be on Sid to be higher on that list when both careers are over though.
I wouldn't. Scoring is up a lot and McDavid has already pushed past 1.5 PPG for his career. Even if he declines, he's still going to be an 100 point player for a long time.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Thank god the Pens knew how to man-up in elimination games. The Panthers have been pathetic honestly. Zero fire, all nerves and they don't even have the excuse of saying they haven't been there before.

Reactions: Andy99

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Thank god the Pens knew how to man-up in elimination games. The Panthers have been pathetic honestly. Zero fire, all nerves and they don't even have the excuse of saying they haven't been there before.
Their fatal mistake was hiring Todd Reirden as a special PP consultant after he got canned by the Pens.

• Haha

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
More Pens strategy: give up a goal in the first minute of the period.

Henrique's been great in this series.

Wow - 10 seconds. Hope Cats can continue to pick up some momentum.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maurice looked like he was having an aneurysm when that was declared offside lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There must have been another angle that the situation room had that ESPN didn't show. I didn't think any of the ESPN angles showed that was conclusively offsides.

Reactions: Al Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad