OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
41 points in 23 games so far. Actually hard to process a 40 point run. Hes better than Crosby and now that ive accepted that. Actually enjoying it. Want mario to keep 2nd all time with 44 though

Reactions: TheLegend27

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Honestly, CMcD is making such a mark that him over Lemieux could be argued.

The case against McDavid is the fact that he cured cancer and built a time machine curing Lemieux who goes on to be the undisputed best ever.

Don’t believe me then you didn’t make it into the alternate timeline. Call McDavid, he’ll help you get across.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Man, I don't think I'd ever watch hockey again if I was going to compare player du jour with our HOFs. I've resigned to a decade+ of irrelevancy for the Pens but don't feel guilty or disloyal appreciating the dudes playing meaningful games today. It's all just about sweaters anyway...

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think most of us already know he's better then Crosby. He's having quite possibly the best playoffs in NHL history.
Are you talking better than Crosby right now? Then, duh. I would hope so.

If you are talking all time, then no. Not when you weigh both players' overall game and leadership.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Kulikov was nice giving McDavid the inside like that.

What a shithead

(Was still an insanely good play and pass)

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We're seeing McDavid do what Sid was doing before he got Steckel'd. /shrug

I'm fine admitting McDavid's every bit as good as Sid was offensively, maybe better. But the way people are so willing to toss aside a legit top-5 player all time is so weird. :laugh:

But McDavid will get his Conn Smythe and we'll have to deal with Numbers Objectivepants being even more insufferable than usual, and that's a feat far more impressive than anything Sid or McDavid could do.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
So Florida's really gonna choke away this series, eh? Sick. :laugh:
1718762955429.png

Reactions: Tom Hanks

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Are you talking better than Crosby right now? Then, duh. I would hope so.

If you are talking all time, then no. Not when you weigh both players' overall game and leadership.
At the end of their careers I am betting McDavids will be better. He will be a top 5, perhaps top 3 player all time and Crosby will probably be bumped to 6th unless he sticks around longer to reach 2K points.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
At the end of their careers I am betting McDavids will be better. He will be a top 5, perhaps top 3 player all time and Crosby will probably be bumped to 6th unless he sticks around longer to reach 2K points.
So you are just talking points then?

Maybe. That is not all there is to a hockey player though.

And good luck maintaining consistent greatness into your upper 30s. Even if you play that long.

Crosby is a freak of nature.

With hindsight if Crosby and McDavid were the same age and same draft year, and I had the first draft pick, I would take Crosby to build a team around without hesitation.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

And good luck maintaining consistent greatness into your upper 30s. Even if you play that long.

With hindsight if Crosby and McDavid were the same age and same draft year, and I had the first draft pick, I would take Crosby to build a team around without hesitation.
We will see what happens.

Anyway 1 goal game.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

I will be curious to see how McDavid’s game ages. He also seems like a freak of nature with supreme dedication to the game and never gets hurt. But speed doesn’t age as well. Still - willing to bet he will be able to rack up 90-100+ point seasons into his late 30’s too. The other thing is that scoring seems to be up a lot more now than it was in Sid’s prime.

Anyway… hm 1 goal game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oh f*** off refs. He fell because he was clipped

And the penalty wasn’t a trip anyway 🤷‍♂️

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Embellishment makes already bad NHL reffing worse. I f*cking hate it.

Has Dave Jackson ever disagreed with a call on the ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad