Around the NHL: Free Agent Frenzy begins July 1 at noon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
They didn't terminate Stoll, so I can't see how the LAK can justify they way the handled Richards.

Stoll is a UFA. They can just say they were moving on from the player.

It's going to be interesting whether they terminate Voynov's contract. He's charged with felony domestic violence, and, from reports, it sounds like there's substantial evidence against him. Regardless of whether Voynov reaches a plea deal, the Kings probably don't have to meet the criminal BRD standard to determine that he violated that provision of the SPC by (allegedly) beating the hell out of his wife.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
@helenenothelen: Bob Murray said Ducks couldn't come to terms with Beauchemin, who plans to test market. Said Beauchemin mentioned 3 years at $5 million per

I'd sign him to that. Three years is reasonable. It'd also assuage some the worries of the "ZOMG Reinhart/Eichel extension in three years" crowd.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
@EricOnSportsLaw
The NHL and NHLPA have a collectively bargained Drug Policy which calls for treatment protocols. This will likely be relied on by NHLPA.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
They didn't terminate Stoll, so I can't see how the LAK can justify they way the handled Richards.

Yeah, what a bunch of crap. I don't know the details of Richards, but I would have to think that other players have done a lot worse and are kept because they help their team win. Look at Ribiero's legal trouble, then bought out by Dallas, but will be rewarded with a rich contract as a UFA tomorrow.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY

AZ gets an old favorite back, the kids in the north get some sheltering. I like this deal for Edmonton, although given that it was a zero-sum game in terms of defensive forwards, I expect Korpedo to end up way too high up their lineup.

This offseason is super duper fun already. I'm loving the return of actual hockey trades.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Beauchemin at 3 years for $5M is a PERFECT fit.
I've been thinking this all spring------> 2 years (more likely 3) for $5M !

I know that teams are not allowed to talk about money right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Beauchemin's agent knows that a teams will pay him the $5M for 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if that team is Buffalo.

mjs14

Jun 30, 2015
Woburn MA
boston needs to sign a defenceman particularly green .. add some depth to that crap defense.. now that we traded jones that takes away all the doubts i had about sweeney trading rask.. guy has to make moves and make them fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad