Around the NHL: Free Agent Frenzy begins July 1 at noon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
95 points in the last 192 games.

For a guy who doesn't bring a whole lot of a two way game, giving him a raise for average .5 PPG for 3 full season seems pretty foolish.

At least its a short term deal.

I always felt his 2-way game was a bit underrated. The contract seems a bit high, but he played very-well for the Jets after the trade.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
The counter argument is that he got top PP/ES TOI and didn't produce consistently.

Chicken or Egg i guess.

Top minutes with no real support. Funny how he immediately looked better in Winnipeg with better players around him.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I'm happy with the Flames even though some of their fans were really condescending knobs towards us about tanking last year. Their rise is going to be a lot of fun to follow.

I backed Treliving when we were looking for a GM. He's done a great job so far.

95 points in the last 192 games.

For a guy who doesn't bring a whole lot of a two way game, giving him a raise for average .5 PPG for 3 full season seems pretty foolish.

At least its a short term deal.

I agree that he may have been overpaid on this deal, but I'm guessing Winnipeg cares a lot more about how he looked in their lineup than how he looked in ours. He fit in Winnipeg. I think he scores between 45 and 55 pts this season.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
anybody else still want to bring in a backup /upside UFA goalie?

I dont see why we cant have a competition for the backup job, loser gets waived to Rochester. I doubt they would get claimed considering most teams should have their goalie situations settled by the end of camp.
anybody?

oh, i see the usual suspects are arguing about being right again...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
So be it. Pretty sloppy, Jets.

I figured he'd get something around 3 years for $9m. Obviously, the success he had in Winnipeg upped his AAV. I think Winnipeg also wanted a shorter term in case there is any truth to Contract Year Stafford. Not much risk with two years.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
anybody?

oh, i see the usual suspects are arguing about being right again...

Nah. Johnson is fine with me.

Can revisit the backup position after the year. Maybe Ullmark will be ready after half a year in Rochester. My guess is that as long as Lehner doesn't crap the bed, we'll be seeing a series of veterans on 1-year deals going forward unless one of the young Gs step up and show they belong.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'd have no problem bringing back either Enroth or Neuvirth to challenge not just Johnson, but Lehner.

Given his comments about his situation under MacLean, I really don't think Murray is going to bring in a goalie to challenge Lehner. I think Murray wants to give Lehner every possible opportunity to run with the starting job.

And since we're not looking to make any major noise this year vis a vis the playoffs, this is the perfect year to do it.

If he flops, we revisit next year.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
All these teams signing great bridge deals make me hate Darcy Regier even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad