Around The NHL Discussion 2021-22 Part IV Into the Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
anyone else see Lindholm break up that 2 on 1 a little while ago?

Berube needs to replay that for Parayko and Perunovich.

In the other game, Hedman didn’t exactly break up a Leafs 2 on 1, but he laid his stick on the ice (although half-heartedly) while staying on his skates and not sliding.

Last edited:
Reactions: shpongle falls

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Wow - Leafs 2 goals at the very end of the 2nd to take the lead. They may finally do it.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Toronto about to take the next step. I thought it that Game 5 comeback signaled something different in that franchise. Tampa has been a genuine giant this would be a slaying

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I’ll drop this in here since the series is over now. But not a good look for the Wild with not only the quote from Talbot but also his wife’s follow up comment. A little trouble in the Wild goaltending waters maybe? Talbot is a UFA after next season.

DCE19AFC-C5F9-4368-AD57-D81D1611A905.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 542365 and BlueMed

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Caps look like they just forced OT to stay alive with a minute left. Playoff hockey, man.

Bluesfan54

Jul 28, 2014
Kansas City
Amazing that Florida won in six without scoring a single power play goal. Also amazing that any players are still on their feet the way Dallas and Calgary are pounding each other. Damn, playoff hockey is fun!

Reactions: mk80

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Flames going down to Stars...going to 7

Ottenger played out of his mind

Flames tried to run him a few times

Flames got all pissy at end and looked frustrated

Reactions: GoBluz24

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Five game 7s in the first round. More than any year besides 1992
(In 1992 there were 6. Blues also had a six game series that year, and the winner won 1-4-5-6).

Three more seven-game series would take the record for most in a single playoffs.

Reactions: GoBluz24

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I am deeply in the camp of no Tkachuks. Fat Keith was by far the worst big money playoff player the franchise has ever had. I think he needed and needs all the money to buy food. The Blues had to ship out Pronger because Tkachuk's massively dead weight ass (he made back then FAR more than any Blue makes today, not even adjusted) was too expensive to afford both and only one was a free agent. He took the most selfish penalty I've ever seen. Game 2 of the Sharks series in 2004 and the Blues had lost an extremely close 1-0 OT nailbiter in Game 1. Blues are down a goal with 2 minutes to play and Tkachuk takes about four extra strides to drill Scott Hannan after he'd dumped the puck two seconds prior. Instead of a chance to tie that critical game, he and his 10 million dollars a year decided to attend to his own pique in that moment. Just an unbelievably terrible leader. I can still see his choking breakaway in Game 7 in 2003. He never had a point in a Game 7 of course. Had over a season's worth of playoff games in his career and showed up in about three of them. Scored the most meaningless junk time playoff goals whenever he saw the scoresheet. If you needed the third goal in a 6-0 Game 1 blowout, Keith was your guy. I want no Tkachuks in Blues uniforms. Give them cash so they can eat well while they're scouting. They need it to buy all that Michelob Ultra.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad